Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Oral Communications
What TESU courses can be taken to fulfill the Oral Communications classes. I was hoping to take COM-209 Public Speaking, but the course is full for the July term. I want to take the course at TESU because I now have to take SOS-110, and in order to be eligible for financial aid, I need to take a second course.
Hmm, for me, I wouldn't waste the financial aid on a course you can get elsewhere for really cheap.  Questions, what courses do you have left for your degree?  Do you have an Associates or are you interested in an Associates on the way to the Bachelors?  How about another Bachelors - spend it on the Liberal Arts Capstone and you get a second degree!  Basically, I would spend it on a course you need to finish that can not be found elsewhere - cheap.

Updated Edit:  If you must take a course and it's the final course for your degree, there is another alternative course at TESU.
I assume you're now on the 2019a catalog - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after
Course Link: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseC...de=Eng-202
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
(06-23-2019, 01:03 PM)Btaylor89 Wrote: What TESU courses can be taken to fulfill the Oral Communications classes. I was hoping to take COM-209 Public Speaking, but the course is full for the July term. I want to take the course at TESU because I now have to take SOS-110, and in order to be eligible for financial aid, I need to take a second course.
UPDATE EDIT:
I don't see COM-290 being offered for July. If you must take a class with TESU then the only Communications classes that I see with available spaces are COM-265, COM-330, COM-335, and COM-339 (check with TESU to see if any will fulfill the Oral Communications req). Maybe an exception can be made if prerequisites are required? You never know until you ask with TESU. Tell them your situation and potentially there *might* be a solution. BTW, all of those other COM classes look to be filling up so I would contact TESU advising Monday morning by phone.

Original Post:
(TESU's COM-290: Presentational Speaking) should work. 

Be sure to confirm with advising before taking it. The reason I say it "should" work is that I just completed Study.com's Communications 120 and that is slated to transfer in as TESU's COM-290 to fulfill the Oral Communications Requirement.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(06-23-2019, 01:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, for me, I wouldn't waste the financial aid on a course you can get elsewhere for really cheap.  Questions, what courses do you have left for your degree?  Do you have an Associates or are you interested in an Associates on the way to the Bachelors?  How about another Bachelors - spend it on the Liberal Arts Capstone and you get a second degree!  Basically, I would spend it on a course you need to finish that can not be found elsewhere - cheap.

Updated Edit:  If you must take a course and it's the final course for your degree, there is another alternative course at TESU.
I assume you're now on the 2019a catalog - https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after
Course Link: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseC...de=Eng-202

I'm still in the 2016 catalog for my BSBA-Accounting degree as of now. I'm told that as long as I register for a course in July, my account will stay active. I'm in the 2019 catalog for my AS-Computer Science degree and need to take the SOS-110 course because I did not sign up for the June TES-100 course. The only other course that I need for my AS is the oral communication course.

For my BSBA, I need the oral communications course, business/society, and managerial communications. I planned on taking them all through Study.com, but I figured I might as well take one along with the SOS-110 course so I can get financial aid (pell grant and loan). I can't afford to pay for the one course out of pocket on top of the residency waiver fee.
That's great you're going for an AS on the way to the BSBA. You have three options, taking English 202 for the oral comm requirement to get the easy A along with the SOS-110. Or if you want another option is, to take the Managerial Communications or Business/Society (actually is International Business/Management). So, decide if you want the letter grade or to learn something more in depth... btw, English 202 has spots left.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-23-2019, 02:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great you're going for an AS on the way to the BSBA.  You have three options, taking English 202 for the oral comm requirement to get the easy A along with the SOS-110.  Or if you want another option is, to take the Managerial Communications or Business/Society (actually is International Business/Management).  So, decide if you want the letter grade or to learn something more in depth...  btw, English 202 has spots left.

Thanks for the advice! I've registered for the Eng-202 course and SOS-110. I wish I could have completed the TES-100 course so I could apply for Sept graduation, but I guess I'll have to wait for December.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 592 6 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 130 7 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 537 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az