Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Oral Communications
I will be taking 2 courses at a local cc to utilize my pell grant to pay for the residency waiver at TESU. Does anyone know whether Intro to Mass Communications or a class called Oral/Interpersonal Communication will count for the Oral Communications requirement? I'm guessing they should, but I'm just not sure if the course has to be labeled "Speech" or "Public Speaking".
They have to have an element of "public speaking" included. So Mass Communications probably won't work, but the other one might. I would just get it pre-approved by TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you. I'll do that. Do you have an email or phone number of someone who i should be speaking to? I haven't applied to the school yet. Should I just contact the main number for assistance?
I don't think you should be waiting around on applying to the school.

TESU can make changes at any time that will make your degree more expensive and more time consuming, especially now with changes coming up fast. You need an eval to get a good picture of where your credits go. Even my estimates on the eval turned out to be somewhat off. Furthermore, you need to be in a TESU degree program so you can get preapprovals. Once you are in, you can submit a ticket to advising to get courses like this preappoved to a specific requirement in your degree program. Spend the $75 today. It is well worth it.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
I second TrailRunr's advice. Once you've applied and you're accepted, you can setup an advising appointment over the phone and get everything plugged in/pre-approved for your degree plan. It's also easier to get changes/additions to your evaluation via email once it's done.
MBA - WGU - In Progress
BA Social Sciences - TESU - 2016
TrailRunr Wrote:Furthermore, you need to be in a TESU degree program so you can get preapprovals. Once you are in, you can submit a ticket to advising to get courses like this preappoved to a specific requirement in your degree program.

How exactly would someone go about doing this? Email academicadvising@tesc.edu, and ask for confirmation that they will accept a course and if so, where would it be applied? Or is it best to specifically ask to have the course preapproved for a specific requirement? I've emailed TESU advising multiple times over the past few months, and haven't ever had anything locked in that I can see, and am thinking it would be a good skill to have Wink
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:How exactly would someone go about doing this? Email academicadvising@tesc.edu, and ask for confirmation that they will accept a course and if so, where would it be applied? Or is it best to specifically ask to have the course preapproved for a specific requirement? I've emailed TESU advising multiple times over the past few months, and haven't ever had anything locked in that I can see, and am thinking it would be a good skill to have Wink

Once you are a TESU applicant, it is best to submit a Helpdesk ticket from myedison to ask if xyz course can go into xyz requirement. Then can fill it into your degree evaluation as a pending course so that when it is transferred, it will automatically show up in the right place. I don't like the phone because it doesn't provide written documentation in case of future problems. But phone works out fine as long as they put it in your eval. If you are not even an applicant, they can change requirements on you at any time and you have no eval to get preapprovals. Pay the $75 and get in. Don't do the email stuff as general public.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:Once you are a TESU applicant, it is best to submit a Helpdesk ticket from myedison to ask if xyz course can go into xyz requirement. Then can fill it into your degree evaluation as a pending course so that when it is transferred, it will automatically show up in the right place. I don't like the phone because it doesn't provide written documentation in case of future problems. But phone works out fine as long as they put it in your eval. If you are not even an applicant, they can change requirements on you at any time and you have no eval to get preapprovals. Pay the $75 and get in. Don't do the email stuff as general public.

I'm an enrolled student, so I guess that's good Smile I've never done a helpdesk ticket, just emailed them from my TESU gmail account, and it gets assigned a ticket number. I'll try your suggestion next time!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,970 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,657 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,098 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,634 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,339 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,585 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,370 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore