Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU PLA 101 – Portfolio Assessment Course (NJ Residents)
One problem is that you can't take the capstone until you have 100 credits, so taking PLA-100 must be done at the end of your degree if you do it with a flat-rate term. 

It could delay your graduation if something goes wrong and you don't get as many PLA credits as expected.

There are some TECEPs you can take with almost no studying so it may be better to go that route to get your RA credits.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
PLAs are a perfect example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 3 users Like allvia's post:
  • jch, rachel83az, ss20ts
Weird, they sent me another email just today in regards to the program scholarship ended...

Thank you for reaching out! We are happy to hear that you are interested in our Prior Learning Assessment Program. Unfortunately, the NJPLAN Scholarship Program has ended and will no longer be funding the cost of Portfolio Assessment for students. However, you may still partake in the process. Below is a summary of how the process works. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

If you already know how the process works and how much it costs and would like me to go ahead and send your courses over for approval, just let me know.

A portfolio enables you to identify and articulate the knowledge of a course that you already have and, potentially, earn credit for it without taking the actual course. A successful portfolio is based on the course’s learning outcomes and must also provide evidence that shows first-hand experience in the course matter. Using the University’s portfolio assessment program, students demonstrate that what they already know is equivalent to what they would have learned in an equivalent college course. You may have acquired this knowledge through your past work, training programs or in-service courses, volunteer service, cultural or artistic pursuits, hobbies and recreational pastimes, community or religious activities, organizational memberships, adult education, noncredit courses, study abroad, military training not evaluated for credit by ACE or other experiences.

To start the portfolio process, you will need to look through our course databases (linked below) and select courses that you would like to write a portfolio. Advising will need to approve courses to make sure that they work towards your degree plan. If you are not a TESU student, you must get approval from your home institution’s Advising Team. Once you send over your desired courses, I will send a form back to you with those courses listed for you to bring back to your home institution’s Advising team. Once your courses are approved, you will be registered for the PLA-1010 course. In the first 6 weeks of the PLA-1010 course, you will work with a mentor who will guide you on how to construct a proper portfolio. In the last 6 weeks, you will work with a content matter expert that will help you write your actual portfolio(s). Students will be able to select up to 12 credits (4 courses) while in PLA-1010(3 credits) to write a portfolio for, at no additional cost. That’s right. You will pay regular tuition fee for the PLA-1010 course itself, and be able to write up to 4 courses within the PLA-1010 course at no additional cost.

At the end of the course, the portfolio is graded and credit will or will not be awarded for the courses you wrote a portfolio for. If this interests you and you would like to move forward, please send me your desired courses. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Online Course Database

PLA Course Database

Per Credit Rate for PLA 1010:
New Jersey Residents: $419 per credit
Out-of-State Residents $545 per credit

*Within PLA 1010, students may earn up to 12 credits of portfolio assessment at no additional cost.
Portfolios are not registered until completed and uploaded, and registration is requested through the PLA office.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 698 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch