Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] - (Probably) Stupid Questions Regarding Choosing Which Degree to Test Out Of
Hi Everyone,

I've been a longtime lurker on this site for a few years now dreaming of getting my degree and taking my career/life to the next level, but I wasn't able to pull the trigger because of family/health problems. Now that most of those obstacles are out of the way I can finally focus on getting it. From everything I've read, TESU seems like my best bet, but I'm hung up on deciding which degree to go after.
I have (mostly elective) credits from my brief time attending school 12-15 years ago for Graphic Design/Photography. I'm not dead-set on obtaining a degree in Graphic Design as my career has changed quite a bit since then, but I don't want any of the credits to go to waste if they don't have to. I've been looking at getting a BA in Communications at TESU (putting together a degree plan is harder than I thought it'd be) because that seems to be the best avenue for what I'm trying to achieve but I'm curious: Can I *only* test out of the online degrees that TESU offers or is it possible to obtain the required amount of credits elsewhere (through testing, etc) and use them to obtain a degree that TESU only offers on-campus (in my case I'm thinking of the Bachelors in Art Degree with a Graphic Design focus)? If it is possible, does any one have any experience doing that? I've searched the site for others who may have tried obtaining an Art degree but the information was slim.

Thanks in advance!
TESU is not going to be a good way to go for an Art degree, in general, unless you have a lot of credits in art - and at least 15cr of UL coursework.

I think their Comm degree is able to be tested out of.

Regarding testing out, here on this forum, we get all (most) of our credits through different means, and then transfer everything to TESU. Then take the capstone, and we're done. A few people take a class or two at TESU, but most don't because it's expensive.

You could probably start here to see how we do things: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...llege.html
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for replying! I figured the Art degree wasn't a good option for TESU but thought a second opinion couldnt hurt. I plan on using Straighterline, CLEP, etc to obtain credits that I then plan to transfer to TESU- I should've been more clear about that in my original post.

dfrecore Wrote:TESU is not going to be a good way to go for an Art degree, in general, unless you have a lot of credits in art - and at least 15cr of UL coursework.

I think their Comm degree is able to be tested out of.

Regarding testing out, here on this forum, we get all (most) of our credits through different means, and then transfer everything to TESU. Then take the capstone, and we're done. A few people take a class or two at TESU, but most don't because it's expensive.

You could probably start here to see how we do things: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...llege.html
If you post your previous credits, we can better help you figure out what degree is best.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:If you post your previous credits, we can better help you figure out what degree is best.

I've somewhat convinced myself that most of these probably won't apply to anything viable, but it can't hurt.

Intro Graphic Technology - 3 credits
Pre-Algebra (I went as far as Algebra 2 in HS but whiffed the Community College assessment) - 3
Beginning Photography - 4
Intermediate Photography - 4
Studio Lighting - 4
Intro/Color Photography - 4
Intro/Color Photography (class has same name but was for intermediate students) - 4
Fundamentals of Design in 2 Dimensions - 4
Computer Graphics I - 3
Identity System Design - 4
Motion Graphics/Video Editing - 4

In addition, I also have 12 Lab credits from the photography courses. Some of these labs were required along with the class, while others were just for additional lab time during the summer.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic