Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Programming class
For those who are just starting the CIS program, can anyone recommend a good way to get the Programming class out of the way. I keep going back and forth between TESU and Liberty U. They both offer a computer degree, it's just TESU requires the Strategic Mgmt class I dread and LU doesn't. I would need less classes at TESU to finish up, mainly the CIS required classes, but feel it might be beneficial to take them at LU instead of testing out. Is this degree even still able to be completed completely online at TESU? Also, I remember you used to be able to knock out this Programming requirement through SL, have those days passed by?
There are more alternative options now than there have ever been for the programming requirement. You can use SL's C++ course or Penn Foster's Intro to Computer Programming course as long as it's currently ACE-approved. CSU Global also offers a Basic Programming CBE; you can ask TESU to pre-approve this. TESU should also pre-approve the Introduction to Computer Programming Uexcel. Javaonline.org offers several programming courses that are NCCRS-approved, but TESU is not likely to pre-approve these.

Taking one Strategic Management course is not nearly as bad as having to sit through several courses at Liberty University. A minimum of 30 credits have to be taken at Liberty for the entire degree, and 50% of your major has to be taken at Liberty. In addition, Liberty's information systems programs require a capstone course that is likely to be just as hard as taking a strategic management course. There are a number of ways to complete the Strategic Management capstone: TESU course, TECEP, Business Policy CSU Global CBE, and Penn Foster's Strategic Business Management (generally regarded as being easy, but requires webinars). You can also take strategic management or business policy at any other regionally accredited school.

All of the programs listed on this page are capable of being completed by only taking TESU courses. This list includes the BSBA in CIS.

Online Degrees and Certificates | Thomas Edison State University
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thank you for this reply Sanatone. It's good to hear that the SL Programming course is still approved, however it just didn't show up on the SL website under the Course Equivalency so that's why I was wondering. Also, this may have been covered previously, but is there a DSST, CLEP, or SL that you can take to fulfill the Bus in Soc/Int'l Mgt course.
tsimmns Wrote:Thank you for this reply Sanatone. It's good to hear that the SL Programming course is still approved, however it just didn't show up on the SL website under the Course Equivalency so that's why I was wondering. Also, this may have been covered previously, but is there a DSST, CLEP, or SL that you can take to fulfill the Bus in Soc/Int'l Mgt course.

The C++ class is relatively new, and the equivalency charts on SL aren't updated on a regularly basis. There is the Business in Society TECEP and an International Business course from Penn Foster.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
TorCollegeCredits has an International Business Course as well. And there has been some talk recently of TESU approving Business Ethics in Society DSST for the Business in Society requirement - I would get that pre-approved before doing it.

This degree and concentration is one of the easier ones to do, as it's completely able to be tested out of.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
SL C++ was transcribed as COS-213 (C++ Programming) 4 credits when I took it. If you have programming experience I would recommend this path. If you have never programmed, I'd recommend taking a class. Not due to the difficulty of this class, but more so because I feel it the basic principles taught in a basic comp sci class are valuable for someone who is starting out.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore