Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Public Speaking / Sociology / College Writing 1+2 alternatives
Hello,

What is the recommended easiest way to get these credits (TESU Public Speaking / Sociology / College Writing 1+2 alternatives) without having to go through all the touchstones from their equivalent sophia courses?

Is there a way to test out of these 4? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
CLEP for English Comp I & II but if you are an international student you can't take CLEPs most likely. 

Study.com Presentation Skills in the Workforce for Public Speaking
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
According to the study.com TESU list of equivalencies, it doesn't show Presentation Skills == TESU Public Speaking. Is it still safe though? Many people had success with this equivalency?

Thanks for the reply!
Using SDC's Presentation Skills worked for me in 2021. Transferred as Communications 290 Presentational Speaking and was placed in the Gen Ed category for oral communication.
TESU Public Speaking is not the only course that can be used for that Gen Ed requirement. It is just one option. And in my case, it was easier for TESU to use the SDC Presentation Skills for the gen ed oral communication than it was for them to accept a community college public speaking course in that category. weird but how it went. (The community college course ended up in the "area of study" instead. )
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • zolpgree
(12-07-2022, 08:30 PM)zolpgree Wrote: According to the study.com TESU list of equivalencies, it doesn't show Presentation Skills == TESU Public Speaking. Is it still safe though? Many people had success with this equivalency?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes this works. Many people have taken that course.

You can find other courses that work here:
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • zolpgree
DSSTs seem to be online and open to everyone now. So possibilities include:

Presentation Skills @ Study.com for Oral Communications
Study.com OR Sophia OR TECEP for English Comp I. Sophia isn't the worst for English Comp I. It's English Comp II where things get really bad.
Principles of Advanced English Composition DSST (multiple choice)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
English Comp I and II are basically done already, I'm just waiting for their respective gradings. I have done 90% of the required coursework already.
How hard/extensive is the Public Comms from sophia? Is Presentation Skills @ study that much easier? Seems like I'll have to pay another month to Sophia just to be able to get all coursework graded, so essentially Public Comms would come for free, unless it's a nightname to go through it.
Presentation Skills @ SDC takes maybe a weekend. Public Speaking @ Sophia has multiple assignments and you are not supposed to do assignment 2 until assignment 1 has been graded, etc. You could well wind up having to pay for another month or two just for Public Speaking to be graded.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • zolpgree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,345 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  COS-1110 or ITS-1500 alternatives legenwait4itdary 3 172 03-29-2024, 01:35 AM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az