Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Quantitative Literacy
Yes, I agree with dfrecore, if ALEKS truly isn't working for you and you've tried sticking it out until that membership runs out, then use the other providers here, I would recommend Sophia or Study.com. But you still would want to utilize the free resources like Khan Academy and so on to get the hang of College Algebra, the main thing is to work with more practical lessons.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(11-25-2018, 03:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, I agree with dfrecore, if ALEKS truly isn't working for you and you've tried sticking it out until that membership runs out, then use the other providers here, I would recommend Sophia or Study.com.  But you still would want to utilize the free resources like Khan Academy and so on to get the hang of College Algebra, the main thing is to work with more practical lessons.

Thank you for the advice, I am going to go with Sophia, hopefully this will not be as much of a headache.
Well after all the headache, I went ahead and took Study.com's Quantitative Literacy and it fulfilled the requirement. I found the course much easier then the college algebra courses I tried.
[-] The following 3 users Like tobyisking's post:
  • hallk33, Muldoon, Nodaclu
(11-30-2018, 12:11 PM)tobyisking Wrote: Well after all the headache, I went ahead and took Study.com's Quantitative Literacy and it fulfilled the requirement. I found the course much easier then the college algebra courses I tried.

New user here: Can anyone tell me which class from SL is equivalent or will fulfill the TESU Quantitative Literacy req.?
I highly recommend doing CSM course over StraighterLine or anything else. One of the best courses out there and only $39! It meets quantitative literacy at TESU.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
145+ credits
Bachelors Degree May 2020
(09-12-2019, 11:28 PM)natshar Wrote: I highly recommend doing CSM course over StraighterLine or anything else. One of the best courses out there and only $39! It meets quantitative literacy at TESU.

NOTE: CSM course does not fulfill quantitative literacy for BSBA degrees. Yes, CSM fulfills Stats requirement for BSBA degrees. I have learned the hard way on this topic.

btw: I highly recommend CSM courses as well, especially for the Stats requirement in BSBA or quantitative literacy requirement in BALS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • CSMlearn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enviro Classes TESU Doesn’t Offer JerseyDan 5 114 11 minutes ago
Last Post: JerseyDan
  (help please) TESU not taking Computer Science 306 AwardTour 13 402 1 hour ago
Last Post: shadowgem
  TESU-CSM Issue BrighterFuture88 2 58 6 hours ago
Last Post: natshar
  TESU | BS IT vs BS AST - IT akr680 12 246 6 hours ago
Last Post: akr680
  Student ID card : Tesu akr680 7 151 7 hours ago
  TESU - BSBA CIS - AOS - UL CREDIT akr680 22 374 Yesterday, 01:44 PM
  TESU September 2019 Grads Supermind 20 678 Yesterday, 12:28 AM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Second Associates at TESU TwinMom 5 133 10-15-2019, 08:03 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
Exclamation TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone jsd 78 4,037 10-15-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Cornerstone and Capstone Financial Question BrighterFuture88 4 160 10-14-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88