Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best of these TESU degree options
I have a question is the 7 credits less they gave you for Pysch in free electives? Because I was just thinking how a Pysch BA has like 7 less free elective credits than all the others. If thats the case, then it doesn't matter. Free electives are the easiest to get with the free sophia, TEEX, and some easy study.com, you could earn 7 credits free electives in a few days easy. It doesn't sound like you have a lot of courses in the AOS (if any) for any of the degrees you if they all give the same credit evaluation. I'd look into the other schools COSC and EC and see what happens.
Agree with Natshar, even if Psych gives you 7 fewer credits, you'll spend less money getting the remaining credits because all of the courses in that degree (besides the mandatory Capstone and Cornerstone) are able to be tested out of, whereas every other degree you listed besides Liberal Studies has at least one course that can't be tested out of.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Since you don't have a specific requirement for your degree. I would recommend going for the BALS with a humanities or social science concentration, whatever degree with the most transferred credits you have, or the cheapest/easiest/fastest degree so you can "check that box".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-04-2019, 01:51 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Agree with Natshar, even if Psych gives you 7 fewer credits, you'll spend less money getting the remaining credits because all of the courses in that degree (besides the mandatory Capstone and Cornerstone) are able to be tested out of, whereas every other degree you listed besides Liberal Studies has at least one course that can't be tested out of.

Actually maybe not though. Because with TESU's new fees it is actually cheaper to take 16 credits in a term a TESU than it is to just take the required 6 and transfer in the rest and pay the wavier. If OP earns the alt credit though other schools (histological methods, non-western lit, etc)  and pays the wavier then yeah, psych will be cheaper, but if they planned on taking those courses at TESU it would be cheaper doing one of the other majors. This is why I suggested looking at COSC or EC.
I'm going to go with "none of the above" and look at COSC instead. It's about $2000 cheaper than TESU at this point, possibly more now that TESU has raised their fees.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 455 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 429 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 444 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,266 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 247 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,182 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 228 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 356 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 352 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az