Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What else do I need for Liberal Studies w/ PSY Concentration?
I've attached what I've completed and intend to complete?  What else do I need to plug in besides the capstone?  Please help. thank you Smile Everything highlighted is completed.

Attached Files
.docx   Ambers Lib Arts Psy Concentration TESU.docx (Size: 22.42 KB / Downloads: 34)
I'm sorry but I'm not able to help you with your evaluation. However, I feel I must point out that your document is difficult to read and that's going to make it harder for people to help you. Instead of posting a screenshot of a spreadsheet that has been pasted into a word document, it would probably be better if you were to upload a copy of the spreadsheet directly. I know a lot of forums don't allow spreadsheet attachments, but this one does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • amberwalk
I was on desktop and could read some of it. The first things I noticed were you will need to shuffle around some of the courses. You need 12 knowledge of human cultures instead of 9. and the sophia course effective leadership seems to be a free elective instead of a gen ed. I sent PM to you with my best guesses on what's left.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • amberwalk
I could read it fine on my desktop. But you should do this as an Excel spreadsheet so you can count your credits. I am not going to count by hand to make sure it's correct (and it's 100% not correct, there aren't enough credits). And delete the columns that say Total (at the front), Gen Ed since it's irrelevant, study since it's empty. Have a column that says To take, and one that shows taken so you know what's remaining as you finish courses. And one that has the total, and adds up the columns for each area (top GE 60cr, and then lower 60cr) so that you can make sure you're always adding up to 120cr (and 60/60).

1) Interpersonal Comm does not work for the Oral Comm requirement; instead take COM 101: Public Speaking or COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Work Place if you want Study.com, or do Public Speaking from Sophia

2) Developing Effective Teams is a Free Elective

3) Stats is not required

4) You don't have enough GE credits (should be 60).

5) You don't have enough AOS credits (should be 33 w/18 of those UL), and concentration needs to be 18cr total, with 9cr of those UL.

6) Stress Mgmt is not a Psych course (it's a Social Science) but it doesn't matter because you have the required courses, and you have at least 9cr of UL Psych, so you should be fine. It will just be an UL course that you need to complete the 18cr of UL.

7) I would rename your AOS courses "Psych requirement" and "Psych elective" and then "AOS electives" for the remaining ones.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • amberwalk
Hey Amber!

Is the Developmental course that you took elsewhere already approved from advising and in your eval? At least for the BA in Psych, the Developmental requirement can be a little tricky, has to be lifespan (this excludes any developmental courses that are specific to childhood or elderly)

For UL, you may want to consider UExcel's Social Psych and Coopersmith - Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior.

HTH!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • amberwalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 528 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  Technical Studies topdog98 11 817 07-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 414 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,969 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  BA Management Concentration Equivalencies smohrs@gmail.com 9 769 02-19-2023, 08:31 PM
  90 credit limit - dual concentration Kones 6 837 02-02-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU Liberal Studies Degree Plan Help afro_knowledge 24 4,999 12-14-2022, 06:02 PM