Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] Re-enrollment process
Due to work and life getting in the way, I was unable to complete my BS degree at Thomas Edison State University and I was dis-enrolled from my program for years and now I'd like to pick back up where I left off.

From my understanding, the first step is to apply as a new student at Apply Now at Thomas Edison State University.

1. I went to the "Apply Now" page" and I tried logging in with my old account, but it says "Your account has been locked. Please contact the system administrator." Should I create a new account to re-enroll or should I wait and contact some "system administrator"? Although my application account doesn't work, I'm still able to login to my old student account.

2. Anyone here have a contact whom I can specifically e-mail in regards to re-enrolling at TESC?

Update: E-mailed Bursar's Office, will update this thread once they respond
If you've had any transcripts evaluated you will probably want them to open your old account for reapplication.
I think I contacted the admissions office about that.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:If you've had any transcripts evaluated you will probably want them to open your old account for reapplication.
I think I contacted the admissions office about that.

Already sent an e-mail out to the Bursar's office before seeing your post, because I did a search here and saw multiple people suggesting other people in a similar situation to e-mail there. Thanks for your help anyway! Smile
Nixi Wrote:Already sent an e-mail out to the Bursar's office before seeing your post, because I did a search here and saw multiple people suggesting other people in a similar situation to e-mail there. Thanks for your help anyway! Smile

Great! I don't know if this will be worth it to you to try or not, but you can apply for a waiver for that $75 reapplication fee. They offer it for special/extenuating circumstances.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Back in 2010 I was a student at TESC completed a couple of classes and stopped. A year and a half later I just reapplied as a new student and paid the fee. After I was excepted I was given the same student id and my evaluation was done quick because they had all my transcripts already. I didn't bring any new credits in. Only thing that changed was my catalog and that was when the capstone was added.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
Mamasaphire Wrote:Great! I don't know if this will be worth it to you to try or not, but you can apply for a waiver for that $75 reapplication fee. They offer it for special/extenuating circumstances.
If you're referring to the Adult Comeback program mentioned at http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...aiver.html, I don't qualify since I'm not a New Jersey resident. Still checked on TESC's website for more on this and it doesn't mention anything about this program, so it appears they discontinued it. :confused:
I'm confused. I sent an e-mail to the Bursar's office asking for re-enrollment under my same account and this is what I got back:
Quote:We have solved your issue

Please access and review your academic evaluation for a comprehensive review of your remaining degree requirements. On the document, you'll notice that some courses have been previously approved for you, so you may want to consider starting with some of them.

If you need to discuss your degree completion path in more detail, you are welcome to schedule an appointment to speak with an Advisor. To do so, please follow the prompts: Welcome to our Quick and Easy Appointment Scheduler

Should you have additional questions, please create a new ticket by sending an email to academicadvising@tesc.edu with your degree program in the subject line. Thank you.
My current status is showing up as OSAPP Non-NJ Applicant. I just e-mailed Bursar and was told I'm currently on Applicant status. When I register for a course, my status will change to enrolled, ten days into the term on the Per Credit Tuition plan. It looks like I won't get charged any fees, thought I'd have to end up paying for more than just courses, but I guess not.
The only fee they could possibly have charged would have been the $75 application fee, but apparently re-enrolling doesn't even require that. Excellent!
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:The only fee they could possibly have charged would have been the $75 application fee, but apparently re-enrolling doesn't even require that. Excellent!

Ok, I was confused as I was expecting a charge for not being enrolled for years now (thankfully not, so that's awesome!). Smile

Disappointed to find out that it looks like I have to pay a $2,000 Residency Waiver somewhere down the road due to transferring in most of my courses and not doing 24 credits at TESU—that's not how they did it back when I enrolled years ago, so I'm going to e-mail and see if that requirement would apply to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore