Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU SDC Information Literacy Options
Is CLEP an option for you? If so, the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature exam is considered very easy (many people pass it with no study; it's basically a reading comprehension test for the most part), counts for this requirement (plus three extra credits to use elsewhere), and is free through MS.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Do people know that SOS-110 has other options?
https://www.tesu.edu/business/asba/open-course-option
Or is that just for the ASBA? Because it's missing from here:
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option

Seems unlikely that you'd have to be in business to test out.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(02-27-2019, 04:34 PM)udi Wrote: Do people know that SOS-110 has other options?
https://www.tesu.edu/business/asba/open-course-option
Or is that just for the ASBA? Because it's missing from here:
https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/o...rse-option

Seems unlikely that you'd have to be in business to test out.

I would guess that they simply haven't updated that page since they promoted SOS-110 to cornerstone status. I'm fairly confident they won't accept the Saylor course instead. Somebody should probably ask if they will, but I don't doubt the answer will be no.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-27-2019, 02:02 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: Is CLEP an option for you? If so, the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature exam is considered very easy (many people pass it with no study; it's basically a reading comprehension test for the most part), counts for this requirement (plus three extra credits to use elsewhere), and is free through MS.

CLEP is an option so I may consider this. I wish I would have known about MS before I started taking CLEPs.
I see that SOS-110 is now featuring on all of TESU’s Associate degree options, except one (I think it is ASBA?). What does this mean for those of us currently pursuing a Bachelors at TESU, have completed the TESU-100 Cornerstone, and might consider applying for an ASNSM or some associates degree at the time of graduation? Will we be asked to complete SOS-110?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Where does it show the SOS-110 course as a requirement? I don't see it in my evaluation anywhere. Where is it on the OSS website now? I hope I am one of the lucky ones who had applied and got a waiver for the cornerstone and it doesn't show up for me on the OSS website at all. I guess if you add a program any time after January 1, 2019 then it would be a requirement. The 2019a catalog I keep reading about here.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Check out this page: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/asnsm/mathematics

Just two days ago, I saw that there was one associates degree still showing the older cornerstone program as a requirement. I thought to myself that may be TESU is yet to update info on that page. Today, all degrees show SOS-110.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(02-27-2019, 10:22 PM)Supermind Wrote: I see that SOS-110 is now featuring on all of TESU’s Associate degree options, except one (I think it is ASBA?). What does this mean for those of us currently pursuing a Bachelors at TESU, have completed the TESU-100 Cornerstone, and might consider applying for an ASNSM or some associates degree at the time of graduation? Will we be asked to complete SOS-110?

I would expect not as the catalog you're under doesn't require it and in the past adding an associate's was done under your current catalog, but we ARE talking about TESU. They could just decide to randomly declare that an added associate's will come under a new catalog. If you even think you might want to do that, I would add it NOW. Nothing says you have to complete it if change your mind.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-28-2019, 01:24 PM)davewill Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 10:22 PM)Supermind Wrote: I see that SOS-110 is now featuring on all of TESU’s Associate degree options, except one (I think it is ASBA?). What does this mean for those of us currently pursuing a Bachelors at TESU, have completed the TESU-100 Cornerstone, and might consider applying for an ASNSM or some associates degree at the time of graduation? Will we be asked to complete SOS-110?

I would expect not as the catalog you're under doesn't require it and in the past adding an associate's was done under your current catalog, but we ARE talking about TESU. They could just decide to randomly declare that an added associate's will come under a new catalog. If you even think you might want to do that, I would add it NOW. Nothing says you have to complete it if change your mind.

TESU does add new degrees under different catalogs.

When I applied for my BSBA, I came in under the 2017-2018 catalog. However, when I later added the ASNSM (~August 2018) it was added under the prevailing 2018-2019 catalog instead of the 2017-2018 catalog. Based on this, I would assume that if a new degree is added today it would likely reflect the 2019A catalog. In such a case, for someone who has taken the TES-100 cornerstone for the main degree, I would hope that the SOS-110 requirement will be waived.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch