Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU SOS-110 Update
I try to enroll today to TESU they said i have to pay the out state price the SOS-110 so you have to pay the residency waiver at the beginning for the year of graduation if you going to take less that 16 credits at TESU to pay less for the credits.
Also for each degree you finished you have to pay the Graduation fee of $332 within the year of graduation. 
THIS UNIVERSITY IS GOING TO BE VERY EXPENSIVE.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(02-08-2019, 09:37 AM)gams007 Wrote: I try to enroll today to TESU they said i have to pay the out state price the SOS-110 so you have to pay the residency waiver at the beginning for the year of graduation if you going to take less that 16 credits at TESU to pay less for the credits.
Also for each degree you finished you have to pay the Graduation fee of $332 within the year of graduation. 

You don't have to pay the residency waiver fee or the graduation fee until you're ready to apply for graduation. Technically you can pay those fees at any time, but there would be no value in paying it before that since it only lasts a year and it may take longer for you to complete all your course work.

You have to pay out of state tuition unless you live in NJ. The way around that is to take at least two courses via Study.com and transfer them to TESU, after which you can ask them to add the study.com affiliation to your academic account. This will convert you to a corporate choice account and provides a big discount on tuition and the residency waiver fee. Definitely do this before signing up for any classes with TESU.

I still think people should sign up for TES-100 while it is still available and ask for it to be used in place of SOS-110, then put up a fight if TESU balks at it since that is what is listed in the 2018-2019 catalog and website.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • MahoganySEO
(02-08-2019, 11:17 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 09:37 AM)gams007 Wrote: I try to enroll today to TESU they said i have to pay the out state price the SOS-110 so you have to pay the residency waiver at the beginning for the year of graduation if you going to take less that 16 credits at TESU to pay less for the credits.

You don't have to pay the residency waiver fee or the graduation fee until you're ready to apply for graduation. Technically you can pay those fees at any time, but there would be no value in paying it before that since it only lasts a year and it may take longer for you to complete all your course work.

You have to pay out of state tuition unless you live in NJ. The way around that is to take at least two courses via Study.com and transfer them to TESU, after which you can ask them to add the study.com affiliation to your academic account. This will convert you to a corporate choice account and provides a big discount on tuition and the residency waiver fee. Definitely do this before signing up for any classes with TESU.

I still think people should sign up for TES-100 while it is still available and ask for it to be used in place of SOS-110, then put up a fight if TESU balks at it since that is what is listed in the 2018-2019 catalog and website.

We can't not fight to something that they are can change their policies at any time, we depend on what they decide for good or bad or the only way go and enroll in another school.  Confused 
rough fully you have to put in your mind to have $6000 minimum on hand to get a Degree.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science

So I tried taking y'alls advice and playing the whole "its on the website and in the catalog" move on them, but they said as of Jan 1st anyone who enrolled afterwards is not able to get out of the SOS-110.  I'm not going to rock the boat anymore, I've already tried both on the phone and in email.  It is what it is to me but if someone else ends up having a success story I'll give it another shot!
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(02-08-2019, 01:36 PM)gams007 Wrote:

We can't not fight to something that they are can change their policies at any time, we depend on what they decide for good or bad or the only way go and enroll in another school.  Confused 
rough fully you have to put in your mind to have $6000 minimum on hand to get a Degree.

Well, you can fight against changes that are not documented or that contradict what you've already agreed to when you originally signed up. Worst case, you can just switch to another school.

With the increased costs (and time) associated with TESU, I'm finding it harder to recommend them as an option to new people. For folks starting this process today, I'd suggest looking at WGU over TESU unless they want to pursue a BALS or another degree that WGU doesn't offer, in which case COSC will soon become the better choice (or may already be).

WGU is about half the price of TESU if you can complete the balance of credits within 6 months. Considering you can still use ACE for all but the last 25% (30 credits) of the degree, this shouldn't be a problem for most people. Even if it takes a year, WGU still comes out to be slightly cheaper I think. If someone can't complete 30 credits (10 courses) in 6-12 months, or wants to complete more of their degree using ACE options, then COSC is probably the better choice going forward.

(02-08-2019, 02:20 PM)darthweezy Wrote: So I tried taking y'alls advice and playing the whole "its on the website and in the catalog" move on them, but they said as of Jan 1st anyone who enrolled afterwards is not able to get out of the SOS-110.  I'm not going to rock the boat anymore, I've already tried both on the phone and in email.  It is what it is to me but if someone else ends up having a success story I'll give it another shot!

Asking for permission won't work... they will never say yes. My bet is that it will require someone taking TES-100 and then petitioning to use that instead of SOS-110. Worst case it will be $300 spent on 1 credit, but more likely they will allow it or at least it can be petitioned as an evaluation issue at that point. If I were facing this issue myself, that is what I'd do anyway.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I have no skin in the game, since I'm not trying to get a degree. But I would fight it.

I also advise a lot of people now to go through WGU instead of TESU, especially if they don't have a lot of GE credit they're bringing in. COSC is quickly becoming my 2nd choice. TESU is going to be dropping to 3rd place soon. I'm actually trying to figure out the best way to set up a COSC degree plan on my end to make it easier to start making degree plans for people...
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-09-2019, 11:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I have no skin in the game, since I'm not trying to get a degree.  But I would fight it.

I also advise a lot of people now to go through WGU instead of TESU, especially if they don't have a lot of GE credit they're bringing in.  COSC is quickly becoming my 2nd choice.  TESU is going to be dropping to 3rd place soon.  I'm actually trying to figure out the best way to set up a COSC degree plan on my end to make it easier to start making degree plans for people...

Here is an application fee waiver code for WGU: NOWFREE

I'm sniffing around there myself.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(02-08-2019, 02:20 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:36 PM)gams007 Wrote:

Well, you can fight against changes that are not documented or that contradict what you've already agreed to when you originally signed up. Worst case, you can just switch to another school.

With the increased costs (and time) associated with TESU, I'm finding it harder to recommend them as an option to new people. For folks starting this process today, I'd suggest looking at WGU over TESU unless they want to pursue a BALS or another degree that WGU doesn't offer, in which case COSC will soon become the better choice (or may already be).

WGU is about half the price of TESU if you can complete the balance of credits within 6 months. Considering you can still use ACE for all but the last 25% (30 credits) of the degree, this shouldn't be a problem for most people. Even if it takes a year, WGU still comes out to be slightly cheaper I think. If someone can't complete 30 credits (10 courses) in 6-12 months, or wants to complete more of their degree using ACE options, then COSC is probably the better choice going forward.

(02-08-2019, 02:20 PM)darthweezy Wrote: So I tried taking y'alls advice and playing the whole "its on the website and in the catalog" move on them, but they said as of Jan 1st anyone who enrolled afterwards is not able to get out of the SOS-110.  I'm not going to rock the boat anymore, I've already tried both on the phone and in email.  It is what it is to me but if someone else ends up having a success story I'll give it another shot!

Asking for permission won't work... they will never say yes. My bet is that it will require someone taking TES-100 and then petitioning to use that instead of SOS-110. Worst case it will be $300 spent on 1 credit, but more likely they will allow it or at least it can be petitioned as an evaluation issue at that point. If I were facing this issue myself, that is what I'd do anyway.

Good to know! But WGU isn’t an option for international students like me. So, COSC would be the only option unless one happens to be a U.S. citizen/resident.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I think TESU is pushing people to use their comprehensive tuition plan since if you're already paying 6k that plan makes the most sense.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

That plan allows you to take only upto 36 credits in a 12-month period. For people like us trying to race through our degrees, it will needlessly slow us down. Also, as of July 1 2018, the comprehensive tuition plan costs $7519 for in-state & $9967 for out-State residents (as mentioned in TESU website).
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • AwardTour

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 783 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,988 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch