Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU SOS-110 Update
Hmmm previously it was around $6k for study.com students. I also noticed the price of a course with study.com discount has risen from $1098 to $1125.
TESU really is becoming expensive.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Since when has this shift occurred from 1098 to 1125? Will the capstone now cost $ 1125?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
According to this page here:

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

SDC students pay $375 a credit so its now $1125 for a 3 credit course also saw the raise previously the comprehensive tution was like around 6k now its 7.5k.

With cornerstone, capstone, residency waiver,graduation fee and at least one month of study.com TESU cost really is about 5k min.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Not too long ago I predicted the TESU changes would make them very unattractive and we might finally see COSC's time to shine.

Way back, Excelsior was the big leader, but by the time I joined, TESU had taken over and was the cheapest/simplest (and has the better name).

... But now that COSC finally has a shot, WGU is instead being mentioned as the top choice. Poor COSC might never be top dog  Big Grin
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-10-2019, 10:35 AM)Supermind Wrote: Since when has this shift occurred from 1098 to 1125? Will the capstone now cost $ 1125?

The difference is only $27, so it's not much.  I registered and paid for my Capstone in early January and it was still $1,098.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(02-10-2019, 01:47 PM)jsd Wrote: Not too long ago I predicted the TESU changes would make them very unattractive and we might finally see COSC's time to shine.

Way back, Excelsior was the big leader, but by the time I joined, TESU had taken over and was the cheapest/simplest (and has the better name).

... But now that COSC finally has a shot, WGU is instead being mentioned as the top choice. Poor COSC might never be top dog  Big Grin

COSC is certainly the better choice if you want a BALS, as WGU doesn't have one.  Also for Psych, and a few other degrees.  WGU is more limited on which degree you can get - although for the degrees they have, I think they have better options than a lot of other schools.

With these changes, TESU is now officially my 3rd choice.  I will begin recommending COSC and WGU, depending on the degree.

If you compare apples-to-apples, meaning you put each course at roughly $100, then TESU is $8,657 and COSC is $6,885.  With the number of UL courses through study.com and Davar (for business) available, the 30cr of UL is no longer enough to make it worth the $1,772 difference in price.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's what I get for taking a break from the forum-- this important info! I just added the ASNSM to hubby's BSBA and BSTECHSTUD and they have the ASNSM listing SOS-110 instead of slotting his finished World Religions course from SL. WTF?! And he completed TES-100 last Nov/Dec. What a headache! I am seriously thinking about jumping ship again with all of the issues that we've encountered over the past year is soooo frustrating. For now, they just received a lovely response to this at the students HelpDesk - sent to an academic adviser. Is that not the best place to send things like this? Please advise.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(04-09-2019, 04:55 PM)scout2family Wrote: That's what I get for taking a break from the forum-- this important info! I just added the ASNSM to hubby's BSBA and BSTECHSTUD and they have the ASNSM listing SOS-110 instead of slotting his finished World Religions course from SL. WTF?! And he completed TES-100 last Nov/Dec. What a headache! I am seriously thinking about jumping ship again with all of the issues that we've encountered over the past year is soooo frustrating. For now, they just received a lovely response to this at the students HelpDesk - sent to an academic adviser. Is that not the best place to send things like this? Please advise.

If your husband is already enrolled into a degree program from before Jan 1st and is under an older catalog, you should be able to request that the second degree be moved under the same catalog to align with the first degree to ensure they share cornerstone and InfoLit requirements. From what I've seen previously, this generally just requires a call or ticket to advising to ask for that change to be made. If they balk, then you can escalate it up the chain, but I've never heard of this being a problem in the past.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-09-2019, 05:05 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 04:55 PM)scout2family Wrote: That's what I get for taking a break from the forum-- this important info! I just added the ASNSM to hubby's BSBA and BSTECHSTUD and they have the ASNSM listing SOS-110 instead of slotting his finished World Religions course from SL. WTF?! And he completed TES-100 last Nov/Dec. What a headache! I am seriously thinking about jumping ship again with all of the issues that we've encountered over the past year is soooo frustrating. For now, they just received a lovely response to this at the students HelpDesk - sent to an academic adviser. Is that not the best place to send things like this? Please advise.

If your husband is already enrolled into a degree program from before Jan 1st and is under an older catalog, you should be able to request that the second degree be moved under the same catalog to align with the first degree to ensure they share cornerstone and InfoLit requirements. From what I've seen previously, this generally just requires a call or ticket to advising to ask for that change to be made. If they balk, then you can escalate it up the chain, but I've never heard of this being a problem in the past.

Thanks Merlin!  Yes, hubby has both BS's listed as 2018 catalogs. The ASNSM will be a 3rd degree.

On another note, I have my BSBA (2018 catalog) and added the same ASNSM as hubby, but I added it in February 2019 and mine reflects 2019 catalog with World Religions in the Info Lit section, and hubbys is listed as 2019A with SOS-110, which he added this month. Anyway, my ASNSM is nearly complete. Do you see any reason why I should ask for 2018 catalog instead?
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(04-09-2019, 05:20 PM)scout2family Wrote:
(04-09-2019, 05:05 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Thanks Merlin!  Yes, hubby has both BS's listed as 2018 catalogs. The ASNSM will be a 3rd degree.

On another note, I have my BSBA (2018 catalog) and added the same ASNSM as hubby, but I added it in February 2019 and mine reflects 2019 catalog with World Religions in the Info Lit section, and hubbys is listed as 2019A with SOS-110, which he added this month. Anyway, my ASNSM is nearly complete. Do you see any reason why I should ask for 2018 catalog instead?

It sounds like they added yours correctly but added your husband's additional degree incorrectly. Ideally, you want all the degrees to be under the same catalog to avoid conflicts.

I believe the 2018 catalog is technically the 2017-2018 catalog (which is what my degree was on as well), and the 2019 catalog is technically 2018-2019 and represents the catalog that was in effect until Jan 1st. Normally the catalog doesn't change until July so the 2019 catalog should go from July 2018 to June 2019, but for some reason they wanted to make changes in January which is why we have the 2019A catalog now.

That said, for the ASNSM there are no degree changes that I'm aware of between the 2018 and 2019 catalogs, so you don't really need to worry about it. As it happens, when I added the ASNSM to my degree plan it was also placed in the 2019 catalog, but I didn't bother asking for it to be changed to the 2018 catalog since it didn't make any difference. It does make a difference for your husband though, so I'd definitely ask for that to be adjusted.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • scout2family

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch