Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Study.com Course Expirations
I'm somewhat new to this forum but I've been an observer for quite some time (thank you all for the help!).  I wanted to share some info from TESU advising that I recently received regarding my BSBA in HR course plan for SDC courses.  I was told Public Speaking (COM101) and Globalization & International Management (BUS308) are expiring for credit at the end of August.  As well, Human Resource Management (BUS106) and Organizational Behavior (BUS107) are expiring at the end of November.

Has anyone else heard similar information or other courses that will be expiring soon? I'm unable to find any list of this and it seems it's at the whim of the advisor to share this information.  I couldn't find anything on the ACE website either.
I would be surprised if this is permanent, but I could definitely be wrong here.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
ACE courses expire every 3 years, so course providers normally have them on a rotation to re-evaluate prior to expiration. The courses you mention all expire 11/30/19, and you can find it on ACE by looking up the courses to see the expiration date - they all have them.

Your best bet is to ask the course provider, not TESU, if they plan to renew these courses. This will be the case for ALL courses.

One thing to keep in mind as you go forward - if you are going to start a course, check it before you start, to see when it expires. Once you know, you can determine if you can finish it before that date, in which case you're fine. Once you pass a course within the timeframe that it's been evaluated, it goes on your ACE transcript and is good forever, even if the course provider does not renew it, or even goes out of business and disappears off the face of the earth (like JumpCourse or JavaOnline).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • BrighterFuture88
(07-22-2019, 02:20 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ACE courses expire every 3 years, so course providers normally have them on a rotation to re-evaluate prior to expiration.  The courses you mention all expire 11/30/19, and you can find it on ACE by looking up the courses to see the expiration date - they all have them.

Your best bet is to ask the course provider, not TESU, if they plan to renew these courses. This will be the case for ALL courses.

One thing to keep in mind as you go forward - if you are going to start a course, check it before you start, to see when it expires.  Once you know, you can determine if you ca finish it before that date, in which case you're fine.  Once you pass a course within the timeframe that it's been evaluated, it goes on your ACE transcript and is good forever, even if the course provider does not renew it, or even goes out of business and disappears off the face of the earth (like JumpCourse or JavaOnline).

Thank goodness.  I was worried that the credit wouldn’t count anymore.  I’ll just knock out Public Speaking and such before it changes.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
Thanks for the feedback!  I'm hoping that's correct.

I noticed that most are up for reevaluation on the ACE website in November but was caught off guard by the advisor's email regarding COM101 and BUS308 - "Please also note that the Public Speaking Course and Globalization and International Management are recommended for credit until the end of August of 2019, August 31st of 2019. Please note the recommendation for credit dates as credit must be earned before or by those dates in order to receive credit for the courses."

The other SDC courses on my evaluation (FIN101, BUS324, BUS323, BUS307, BUS306, and BUS314) were all okay.  Advisor stated, "The other courses will expire in 2020 or do not have expiration dates."  This made me think it was a TESU policy since many of the other courses are also up for reevaluation in November, even if they don't, they all have a reevaluation date at some point.

I'll try and get those four out of the way first and then move on to the others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 260 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy