Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU & Study.com Transfer Credits
Hi All, Looking to finish my BA in Computer Science at TESU and discovered study.com. I have quite a bit of transfer credits from previous colleges I attended and was curious if TESU has a limit on transfer and specifically for ones at Study.com while I’m enrolled at TESU.
Transfer to TESU
90 credits from study.com (use SDC for upper level courses)
90 credits from straighterline (use SL for lower level courses)
80 credits from CC
(10-04-2019, 11:58 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Transfer to TESU
90 credits from study.com (use SDC for upper level courses)
90 credits from straighterline (use SL for lower level courses)
80 credits from CC
So you can combine these? I have a lot from CC and I’m sure I passed the 80 credits from CC. So I can transfer 90 credits from SDC if i take the classes? Just want to clarify. Thank you for helping me out
Those are the credits limits for EACH alternate credit provider (e.g, SDC, SL). NOTE. CC credits are combined, you can't exceed 80 credits from CC combined. Before you begin taking courses at SDC or anywhere else, apply and submit for an evaluation at TESU, and find out what courses you will need to fulfill for your degree requirement. You don't want to take courses which you don't need or have already taken.

Review. https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit
(10-05-2019, 12:14 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Those are the credits limits for EACH alternate credit provider (e.g, SDC, SL). NOTE. CC credits are combined, you can't exceed 80 credits from CC combined. Before you begin taking courses at SDC or anywhere else, apply and submit for an evaluation at TESU, and find out what courses you will need to fulfill for your degree requirement. You don't want to take courses which you don't need or have already taken.

Review. https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit

Okay thank you. Just so I understand, say I already have 80 credits from CC. That means I can still get an additional 90 credits from SDC or SL? I already know what classes I need for my degree as I had an academic evaluation done for it at TESU.
Yes. You are correct. 90 from each provider.
(10-05-2019, 10:38 AM)eriehiker Wrote: Yes.  You are correct.  90 from each provider.

Awesome, thank you!
If you post your eval on here, we can look at it and let you know what to take and where.

Since you already have 80cr+ from a CC, I would say that the easiest thing to do is do the remaining at Study.com entirely, so that 1) they can all be sent to TESU directly for free; and 2) you can get those UL credits you need.

Also, TESU will continue to take credits while you're enrolled there. So, you could enroll by taking the cornerstone, continue to take your Study.com courses, and then finish up with the capstone when you're completed with them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-05-2019, 06:59 PM)Hi dfrecore Wrote: If you post your eval on here, we can look at it and let you know what to take and where.

Since you already have 80cr+ from a CC, I would say that the easiest thing to do is do the remaining at Study.com entirely, so that 1) they can all be sent to TESU directly for free; and 2) you can get those UL credits you need.

Also, TESU will continue to take credits while you're enrolled there.  So, you could enroll by taking the cornerstone, continue to take your Study.com courses, and then finish up with the capstone when you're completed with them.
Hi, here is what I need to compete for my degree

II. Area of Study: Computer Science
A. Required Courses

• Data Structures
[color][font]
(3)

l
[/font][/color]
  • Discrete Math
[color][font]
(3)
[/font][/color]
  • Operating Systems
[color][font]
(3)
[/font][/color]
  • Computer Architecture
[color][font]
(3)
B. Capstone
[/font][/color]
  • LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone
[color][font]
(3)
C. Computer Science Electives*
[/font][/color]
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Assembly Language
  • Comparative Programming Languages
  • Compiler Construction
  • Computer Arithmetic Algorithms
  • Computer Information Systems
  • Computer Organization
  • Computer Statistical Techniques
  • Computer Simulation
  • Data Mining and Data Analytics
  • Database Systems and Design
  • Mobile App Development
  • Operations Research
  • Problem Analysis and Solution
  • Programming Languages
  • Software Engineering
  • Switching Theory and Automata
  • UNIX
  • Web Design and Development
[color][font]
18[/font][/color]

I have completed Calc. 1 and introduction to Programming from taking C++ at CC. I have all the Gen Ed classes complete. 

I plan on taking these classes below at SDC to Make them transfer credit. It looks like I’m 2 classes short plus the capstone course. Are we allowed to take any Cybersecurity courses or Network courses that are available at SDC? Any info helps. Thanks!
Discrete Math 
Data Struct. COS-241 
Operating Sys. COS-240
Computer Arch. COS-330
Database Man. CIS-311
Syst. An. & Des. CIS-320
Cybersecurity, no; network, yes.

Here's a CS degree plan you can modify with your own credits.

Attached Files
.xls   TESU BA Computer Science 2019-5.xls (Size: 19.5 KB / Downloads: 41)
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 3 users Like davewill's post:
  • alab21, glamrock, suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 89 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,308 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,475 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,646 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,260 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,863 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 401 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM