Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed with Admission and Foreign Transcripts. TESU.
Hey, how goes? You don't want to skip the high school or any college level transcripts, just follow the requirements listed on their International Students application page. By doing so, you may be able to get some "college level credits transferred", such as a GED equivalency will net you up to 10 credits for FREE.  You should be fine by doing all that is required by them.  Here's the link: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Note: Again, don't skip on the transcripts, it's a requirement, you can email TESU after you apply to see if your country is exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS.  Here's an example of a rejection, don't be afraid to spend a bit on transcripts or requirements, it'll save you effort/energy/money in the long run -  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-rejected
Update: If you read my posts, I highly recommend getting a second monitor for multi-tasking for the Sophia.org/TEEX courses, one monitor for quizzes, one for pdf/textbook

My recommendation/suggestion is to follow the General TESU BALS guide that Rachel83Az has sent above and complete all the Sophia.org courses and the FREE TEEX courses in the Wiki to be used in the free electives area, you also want to do the paid TEEX Death Investigation course for $75 of non-proctored Upper Level.  You can get the remaining UL requirements elsewhere when you're ready, you can choose from Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-05-2020, 06:25 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, how goes? You don't want to skip the high school or any college level transcripts, just follow the requirements listed on their International Students application page. By doing so, you may be able to get some "college level credits transferred", such as a GED equivalency will net you up to 10 credits for FREE.  You should be fine by doing all that is required by them.  Here's the link: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/apply-in...al-student

Note: Again, don't skip on the transcripts, it's a requirement, you can email TESU after you apply to see if your country is exempt from the TOEFL or IELTS.  Here's an example of a rejection, don't be afraid to spend a bit on transcripts or requirements, it'll save you effort/energy/money in the long run -  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t-rejected
Update: If you read my posts, I highly recommend getting a second monitor for multi-tasking for the Sophia.org/TEEX courses, one monitor for quizzes, one for pdf/textbook

My recommendation/suggestion is to follow the General TESU BALS guide that Rachel83Az has sent above and complete all the Sophia.org courses and the FREE TEEX courses in the Wiki to be used in the free electives area, you also want to do the paid TEEX Death Investigation course for $75 of non-proctored Upper Level.  You can get the remaining UL requirements elsewhere when you're ready, you can choose from Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com etc...
Ah I see and I understand that getting my transcripts evaluated may be something I have to but in all honesty my country has a very fraught postal system and with COVID, I would really like to avoid have to get them sent in an institute. I remember when I was initially in discussion with a TESU admissions officer back in 2019 they said that as long as my transcripts were an equivalent that it was fine and said that it was only a possibility that my highschool transcripts would even be asked for but I understand what you mean. They never mentioned having have any highschool transcripts evaluated even though my main question was what was the application process concerning my international status so perhaps it wouldn't be an issue after all.

Also, per your recommendation I have registered for all of the free TEEX cybersecurity classes but when I go into the course it has a disclaimer that the course is solely intended for usa citizens and permanent residents, I am neither, does this mean I can not do the course? Thank you very much for your advice!
The goalposts are the changing catalog. When I signed up for TESU in 2018, you could test out of the cornerstone requirement. Some time between then and now, they changed it so you have to take the capstone at TESU. Since TESU classes are about $1500 each, this significantly raised the cost of the degree. You used to be able to get a degree for about $4-5k in TESU fees. Now it's closer to $7k. So, yes, including all fees (Sophia, BYU, Study.com, TESU, etc.) you should be paying a total of $7-8k for your whole degree. I haven't broken down the costs for the history degree exactly but it's definitely in that ballpark.

Death Investigation is if you're doing the BALS degree and not the History degree. The two degrees are honestly not going to be that dissimilar as far as costs go. The need for the more costly Coopersmith Also, in the new system, Death Investigation is now listed as LOWER LEVEL credit. We're still waiting to find out if they'll change it back to UL.

https://www.youracclaim.com/org/american...ion-online
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,340 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 455 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 479 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 260 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,233 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  Need some advice tpell1219 17 784 03-31-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 361 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill