Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com partnership transfer max of 90 credits?
(01-28-2019, 02:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Charter Oak didn't have a restriction of 90 credits from one source, neither did Excelsior.  I don't recall WGU though, hmm...

WGU allows up to 90 transfer credits to be transferred in towards a bachelor's degree, but there is no per-source limit. So all 90 credits can come from a single source or from a collection of different sources.

As for TESU, they allow up to 114 credits in transfer (120 less the Capstone and Cornerstone which cannot be transferred in) towards a bachelor's degree. Of those 114 credits, TESU allows a max of 80 credits from 2-year community colleges and a max of 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider, but has no limits on the number of credits transferred in from regionally accredited 4-year colleges.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
TESU recently changed the 2 year community college limit to say: "If you studied at a regionally accredited community college, you may apply up to 90 credits."
source: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/transfer-credit
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • rachel83az
(11-04-2020, 05:29 PM)P226mem Wrote: TESU recently changed the 2 year community college limit to say: "If you studied at a regionally accredited community college, you may apply up to 90 credits."

Wait, so they accept NA community colleges?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-04-2020, 05:40 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 05:29 PM)P226mem Wrote: TESU recently changed the 2 year community college limit to say: "If you studied at a regionally accredited community college, you may apply up to 90 credits."

Wait, so they accept NA community colleges?

It says RA not NA in what I copied and pasted. I don't see anything on the link above saying NA.  If there's something about NA, then I missed that.  can you share where you see that?

context: Merlin said 80 credits was the limit. I said it is now 90. nothing about RA vs NA was the point I made. It was about the number of credits allowed from community college had changed.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(11-04-2020, 06:10 PM)P226mem Wrote: It says RA not NA in what I copied and pasted. I don't see anything on the link above saying NA.  If there's something about NA, then I missed that.  can you share where you see that?

context:  Merlin said 80 credits was the limit. I said it is now 90.  nothing about RA vs NA was the point I made.  It was about the number of credits allowed from community college had changed.

In Online Student Services at TESU, it still says 80. I should've read the page first but I was wondering if it was 80 NA and 90 RA. Because that makes about as much sense as some other academic policies that universities have had.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
oh ok. I see. In the Fast Facts section https://www.tesu.edu/about/fast-facts
it still says 80. Where I linked and in the catalog it updated to 90. so it's either 80 or 90 depending which is current.

(11-04-2020, 03:08 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 01:39 PM)elenlushk Wrote: Is this still true? I tried asking the TESU student services by chat today and they said they only accept 90 credits in total from all sources. But their residency requirement is now at 16 semester hours? So how does that make sense? I'm very confused right now because I'm given this information from the school itself. Does anyone know?

I think somebody was confused. The advisors often don't know what they're talking about. You should still be able to bring in (for instance):

80 from Sophia
33 from SDC
6 from TESU
3 from Coopersmith

Sorry, what is SDC?

(11-04-2020, 03:34 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 02:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Charter Oak didn't have a restriction of 90 credits from one source, neither did Excelsior.  I don't recall WGU though, hmm...

WGU allows up to 90 transfer credits to be transferred in towards a bachelor's degree, but there is no per-source limit. So all 90 credits can come from a single source or from a collection of different sources.

As for TESU, they allow up to 114 credits in transfer (120 less the Capstone and Cornerstone which cannot be transferred in) towards a bachelor's degree. Of those 114 credits, TESU allows a max of 80 credits from 2-year community colleges and a max of 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider, but has no limits on the number of credits transferred in from regionally accredited 4-year colleges.

Question to clarify: Regarding 'a max of 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider', I'm unsure like OP on what this means. I have CLEP/DSST credit and also intend to take study.com/sophia/saylor/etc to transfer in as many credits as I can. By going this route, is my max transfer credits from all of these sources combined ONLY 90? Or can I transfer up to 114 as long as each company I work with isn't more than 90 credits?
TESU student services was giving me very confusing answers when I just inquired.

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(11-04-2020, 11:22 PM)elenlushk Wrote: Sorry, what is SDC?

SDC = Study.com

(11-04-2020, 11:22 PM)elenlushk Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 03:34 PM)Merlin Wrote: As for TESU, they allow up to 114 credits in transfer (120 less the Capstone and Cornerstone which cannot be transferred in) towards a bachelor's degree. Of those 114 credits, TESU allows a max of 80 credits from 2-year community colleges and a max of 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider, but has no limits on the number of credits transferred in from regionally accredited 4-year colleges.

Question to clarify: Regarding 'a max of 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider', I'm unsure like OP on what this means. I have CLEP/DSST credit and also intend to take study.com/sophia/saylor/etc to transfer in as many credits as I can. By going this route, is my max transfer credits from all of these sources combined ONLY 90? Or can I transfer up to 114 as long as each company I work with isn't more than 90 credits?
TESU student services was giving me very confusing answers when I just inquired.

It doesn't surprise me that you got confusing answers. It is actually not in TESU's best interest to support students trying to transfer in non-traditional credit since it is their job to get students to take courses from TESU directly. There is not a lot of internal support or training on it, so you often get confusing, noncommital, or just plain wrong information from TESU support since often times they are just guessing on answers. However, in this case they should know the answer since it is in the student catalog.

In any case, 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider means you can transfer in as many credits from ACE or NCCRS as you like, but no more than 90 credits from a single credit provider will be evaluated towards a specific degree at TESU. ACE credit providers include Study.com, StraighterLine, Sophia, and CLEP. So as long as you don't intend to use more than 90 credits from Sophia (for example), you're ok. But you can cumulatively have more than 90 credits between Sophia, SDC, and CLEP.

Hopefully, that clarifies things a bit.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • OP88
(11-05-2020, 02:43 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:22 PM)elenlushk Wrote: Sorry, what is SDC?

SDC = Study.com

(11-04-2020, 11:22 PM)elenlushk Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 03:34 PM)Merlin Wrote: As for TESU, they allow up to 114 credits in transfer (120 less the Capstone and Cornerstone which cannot be transferred in) towards a bachelor's degree. Of those 114 credits, TESU allows a max of 80 credits from 2-year community colleges and a max of 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider, but has no limits on the number of credits transferred in from regionally accredited 4-year colleges.

It doesn't surprise me that you got confusing answers. It is actually not in TESU's best interest to support students trying to transfer in non-traditional credit since it is their job to get students to take courses from TESU directly. There is not a lot of internal support or training on it, so you often get confusing, noncommital, or just plain wrong information from TESU support since often times they are just guessing on answers. However, in this case they should know the answer since it is in the student catalog.

In any case, 90 credits from any single ACE/NCCRS provider means you can transfer in as many credits from ACE or NCCRS as you like, but no more than 90 credits from a single credit provider will be evaluated towards a specific degree at TESU. ACE credit providers include Study.com, StraighterLine, Sophia, and CLEP. So as long as you don't intend to use more than 90 credits from Sophia (for example), you're ok. But you can cumulatively have more than 90 credits between Sophia, SDC, and CLEP.

Hopefully, that clarifies things a bit.

Thank you so much for clarifying. That's a relief to know because I'm trying to finish a BSBA as fast as I can, and if TESU has a residency requirement of more than the 6, it'll hinder my progress by so much, not to mention the amount of extra tuition needed. 

-  Does TESU still accept credits from Saylor Academy?

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(11-05-2020, 09:35 AM)elenlushk Wrote: Thank you so much for clarifying. That's a relief to know because I'm trying to finish a BSBA as fast as I can, and if TESU has a residency requirement of more than the 6, it'll hinder my progress by so much, not to mention the amount of extra tuition needed. 

-  Does TESU still accept credits from Saylor Academy?

Their residency is 16 credits, unless you pay the wavier fee ($3,192) and then it drops to 6 (effectively).

They should still accept Saylor courses, but as of now I don't think anyone has gotten Acclaim badges from them (and therefore they cannot be transcripted right this second), so you might want to hold off on completing any new courses from them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,345 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 209 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX