Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com tuition discount going away July 1, 2020
Usually, the biggest changes happen on July 1st. This is why it is better to hurry and finish rather than wait around for the next shoe to drop.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Funny, literally yesterday my advisor at TESU recommended study.com. Anyhow.

Signed up for two courses with study.com that will be a priority to get at least one finished in next two weeks and sent to TESU to lock in discount.

Given a corner stone and touchstone that must be done at TESU, it's at least a $650 or so savings to be on the study.com discount taking a month of study.com into account.

Well dang, as i have now a Purdue class, two study.com and am already knee deep in sophia..

Oh well, must harvest when it is time to harvest, and obviously, it is time to harvest. I have been getting up two hours early to work on courses, now it shall be three.. LOL
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • Clepper43
Wait so if we already have this we still get the rate for classes.

Or is it if we sign up for TESU courses after July 1 even if we already have the partnership we have to pay the new rate?
"Effective July 1, 2020, new students will no longer be accepted into the Study.com partnership with the tuition reduction benefit. All Study.com students who apply by June 30, 2020, will continue to receive the partnership's tuition reduction, providing their student accounts remain current as per University policies."

Looks like you can lock in for the discount for some time to me.
I lucked out big time!! I'm the catalog without SOS-110 and I have the study.com discount in place.

I was enrolled at TESU, then I changed schools and was about to graduate there. Then with COVID, CLEP centers closed, and other ridiculous life circumstances I found out I might not to be able to finish my degree at that school.

Six months ago, I debated in taking a TECEP to re-enroll. I ended up taking an UL TECEP which I later found out didn't transfer to my school, but it didn't matter because I failed it. I wasn't sure if that was a waste of money or not. But I'm so glad if I go to TESU, I'm saying a lot of money vs if I re-enrolled now.

I did to screw myself over though. At one point I had a BA and BSBA on my eval. After reading posts, somehow I got convinced to take off the BA and just focus on one degree. Then weeks later, I decided to add it back on again because why not, but now the BA requires SOS-110. So now if I want a degree, my BSBA has no SOS-110, but my BA does. The stupid part is that if I had asked to re-add the BA literally just 2 days earlier then both degrees would have been in the same catalog. ugh!! I tried petitioning to the dean but no luck. So now I have two degrees with two different catalogs.

Lock in your catalog people!! And don't screw yourself over. I still might not even earn a degree from TESU, but I'm soooo glad I locked everything in.
They sure are acting increasingly like a for-profit every other year... sheesh.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-28-2020, 08:20 PM)harrypotter Wrote: They sure are acting increasingly like a for-profit every other year... sheesh.

Practically every school I know raises tuition annually, and adds fees.  And that's mainly state schools, which are definitely not for-profits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(05-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Merlin Wrote: With the way things are going at TESU and COSC, EC is going to be the most alt-education friendly school out there soon. Followed closely by WGU.

I think it's a bit optimistic to assume EC doesn't sooner or later follow suit, but I hope you're right.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
If anyone needs a discount on study.com , just shoot me a PM with a email address and I'll send you the discount link.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • harrypotter, ss20ts
Quick question: Does the Study.com discount affect TESU's Flat Rate Tuition? Or just the Per Credit Tuition?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,319 7 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 526 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az