Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com tuition discount going away July 1, 2020
(05-30-2020, 01:25 AM)Edriveless Wrote: What is the difference of the Instate tuition vs the SDC discount? Or would you benefit from both?

As of right now, costs are as follows:

Study.com per credit: $379
In-state without Study.com: $399
Out-of state: $509

If you're a NJ resident, the Study.com discount isn't a huge thing. If you're NOT a NJ resident, you're potentially looking at paying thousands more for your degree.
(05-30-2020, 02:20 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 01:25 AM)Edriveless Wrote: What is the difference of the Instate tuition vs the SDC discount? Or would you benefit from both?

As of right now, costs are as follows:

Study.com per credit: $379
In-state without Study.com: $399
Out-of state: $509

If you're a NJ resident, the Study.com discount isn't a huge thing. If you're NOT a NJ resident, you're potentially looking at paying thousands more for your degree.

Does TESU allow for all the credits to be transferred to another institution and one continues studying with the other? With COSC, I get in state discount.
(05-30-2020, 07:04 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Does TESU allow for all the credits to be transferred to another institution and one continues studying with the other? With COSC, I get in state discount.

You can transfer to another college/university, yes. But there is no guarantee that COSC will accept all of the credits or that they will fall where you want them to. Remember, Charter Oak will only transfer in 90 alternate credits from approved partners starting on July 1st. It may well be better for you to go with Charter Oak vs. TESU but it depends on your plans for both.
(05-30-2020, 07:16 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 07:04 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Does TESU allow for all the credits to be transferred to another institution and one continues studying with the other? With COSC, I get in state discount.

You can transfer to another college/university, yes. But there is no guarantee that COSC will accept all of the credits or that they will fall where you want them to. Remember, Charter Oak will only transfer in 90 alternate credits from approved partners starting on July 1st. It may well be better for you to go with Charter Oak vs. TESU but it depends on your plans for both.
Thanks, most of them are ACE so can be transfered directly from there, and then see if the rest transfer from TESU.

(05-30-2020, 01:08 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

Does TESU still accept credits earned at study.com?
TESU should still accept credits from Study.com. You just won't get discounted tuition unless you get that locked in immediately.
(05-30-2020, 07:31 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

Thanks, most of them are ACE so can be transfered directly from there, and then see if the rest transfer from TESU.

You don't want to take courses directly from TESU if you don't need them in order to graduate from there. It is one of the least cost-effective schools in terms of cost per credit hour and you're looking at 15-18 weeks per course.

If you're are sure you want to graduate from COSC, you should earn as many credits as you can from ACE-recommended providers. If you still need RA credits to meet the 24 minimum, take them from a local or online community college. You must complete at least 6 credits from COSC either way, so if you are insisting to overpay for credits, you should just take them from COSC.

If you are planning to graduate from TESU then earn as many credits as you need from ACE providers and only take the two required courses from TESU. Just ignore COSC since those classes are going to cost way more than Study.com or StraighterLine or from a community college, even with the in-state discount.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(05-31-2020, 01:27 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 07:31 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

You don't want to take courses directly from TESU if you don't need them in order to graduate from there. It is one of the least cost-effective schools in terms of cost per credit hour and you're looking at 15-18 weeks per course.

If you're are sure you want to graduate from COSC, you should earn as many credits as you can from ACE-recommended providers. If you still need RA credits to meet the 24 minimum, take them from a local or online community college. You must complete at least 6 credits from COSC either way, so if you are insisting to overpay for credits, you should just take them from COSC.

If you are planning to graduate from TESU then earn as many credits as you need from ACE providers and only take the two required courses from TESU. Just ignore COSC since those classes are going to cost way more than Study.com or StraighterLine or from a community college, even with the in-state discount.
Thanks. Indeed study.com does have quite a few of the english courses I need for English major at TESU. 

I am planning the 5 courses to satisfy residency since difference is only $1500 at TESU. (Waiver vs core courses I can't find anywhere else)
Is there a way to see on Student Services/myEdison if your account is affiliated with Study.com?
I opened a ticket with them about this and evaluation and it was closed.
I'm starting to get frustrated with TESU about their lack of help and lack of transparency.
I asked if my account was affiliated with Study.com and I also wanted an update since they received an updated ACE transcript for me on the 21st and still have not entered any information. Every other transcript I've sent has been added within an average of 2 days after them receiving it. They are ACE credits with Sophia and TEEX if that makes any difference.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
Did you enroll or did you only apply? If you don't have any Study.com transcripts to send in right now, you might want to do something easy and send that in ASAP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 508 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 450 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 469 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 318 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,285 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,221 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 370 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az