Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com tuition discount going away July 1, 2020
What's an easy course?
I am enrolled and messed up as I didn't enter the study.com partnership because I hadn't yet taken a study course (guess I should have thought that through) but I thought you could at any time switch to having that partnership after you sent in a study course. I still don't know if that is the case or not but I guess I'll just take a course and send it in and see what happens. I guess it's worth the Study monthly membership cost.
It doesn't make sense to me that you couldn't switch to having a partnership on your account at any time.
@ARhead - From a PM I sent someone yesterday... these are the two easy Study.com courses I would recommend.

bjcheung77 Wrote:To be on the safe side and also "lock in your catalog" for TESU, pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP.  Take two easy courses that can be done in a couple of hours at Study.com (Presentation Skills & Library Science) and submit your transcript directly to TESU.  That will get you locked into the catalog for 2019/2020.   You can apply to COSC and see who gives you more credits, but I would recommend stay with TESU as COSC also is making even more significant changes... it may be more expensive at COSC pretty soon.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead
(05-31-2020, 08:46 AM)jcooke Wrote: Is there a way to see on Student Services/myEdison if your account is affiliated with Study.com?
I opened a ticket with them about this and evaluation and it was closed.
I'm starting to get frustrated with TESU about their lack of help and lack of transparency.
I asked if my account was affiliated with Study.com and I also wanted an update since they received an updated ACE transcript for me on the 21st and still have not entered any information. Every other transcript I've sent has been added within an average of 2 days after them receiving it. They are ACE credits with Sophia and TEEX if that makes any difference.

Log into the Online Student Services section of the TESU website then click on "My Profile". Under Student Status it will say "CPAPP Corporate Choice Applicant" if you have the Study.com discount.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(05-31-2020, 05:38 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Thanks. Indeed study.com does have quite a few of the english courses I need for English major at TESU. 

I am planning the 5 courses to satisfy residency since difference is only $1500 at TESU. (Waiver vs core courses I can't find anywhere else)

May as well just do them all at once and pay the $4928 flat-rate tuition if you can handle the workload.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-31-2020, 02:25 PM)GizmoJack Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 08:46 AM)jcooke Wrote: Is there a way to see on Student Services/myEdison if your account is affiliated with Study.com?
I opened a ticket with them about this and evaluation and it was closed.
I'm starting to get frustrated with TESU about their lack of help and lack of transparency.
I asked if my account was affiliated with Study.com and I also wanted an update since they received an updated ACE transcript for me on the 21st and still have not entered any information. Every other transcript I've sent has been added within an average of 2 days after them receiving it. They are ACE credits with Sophia and TEEX if that makes any difference.

Log into the Online Student Services section of the TESU website then click on "My Profile". Under Student Status it will say "CPAPP Corporate Choice Applicant" if you have the Study.com discount.
Thank you!
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
(05-31-2020, 05:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 05:38 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Thanks. Indeed study.com does have quite a few of the english courses I need for English major at TESU. 

I am planning the 5 courses to satisfy residency since difference is only $1500 at TESU. (Waiver vs core courses I can't find anywhere else)

May as well just do them all at once and pay the $4928 flat-rate tuition if you can handle the workload.
If study.com is $199 per month I don't have to take them all at once. And I don't have a deadline for them, I didn't even know of the study.com discount.
For instate NJ, it would cost one $20 more than SDC discount right? But then SDC is $199 per month. So it doesn’t really make a diff but more costly if I can find courses elsewhere cheaper right?
(06-01-2020, 01:49 PM)Edriveless Wrote: For instate NJ, it would cost one $20 more than SDC discount right? But then SDC is $199 per month. So it doesn’t really make a diff but more costly if I can find courses elsewhere cheaper right?

If you live instate NJ it doesn't really affect you too much. So it would be nice to get the discount but if you can't get it in time, it isn't a big deal in your case.

If you took 16 credits at TESU it would save you $320. But if you only took the two courses at TESU it would only save you $120. A month of study.com is $200. And you are right some people on this forum don't use study.com at all for their degree. If you are only taking a couple of courses at TESU and aren't planning on using sdc, then this discount doesn't save you money.
Study.com with the discount is $180. Anyone needs a discount, just PM me with your email. I'll be a study.com member for the rest of the year.

Another great thing about Study.com is you can take all the classes you want, it is unlimited. It is just to get the credit you have to pay $70 extra once you go over 2 per month.

There are study.com classes to help you prepare for TECEP, CLEP, DSST and other exams. Want to dabble in a foreign language? They got that there too.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • rachel83az
(06-01-2020, 04:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Study.com with the discount is $180.  Anyone needs a discount, just PM me with your email.  I'll be a study.com member for the rest of the year.

Another great thing about Study.com is you can take all the classes you want, it is unlimited.  It is just to get the credit you have to pay $70 extra once you go over 2 per month.  

There are study.com classes to help you prepare for TECEP, CLEP, DSST and other exams. Want to dabble in a foreign language?  They got that there too.
are the foreign language courses also for credit? so that is the only amount on study.com and each course doesn't cost extra?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 574 2 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 125 3 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 613 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 535 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 342 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,328 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM