Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com tuition discount going away July 1, 2020
(06-25-2020, 05:36 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 05:33 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: I was hoping someone would have a better direct email than that. I was hoping to get registered for the July term TOMORROW, and that's the last day before late fees kick in. I did get some financial aid awarded.

I took the study.com exam 6/19.

Are your study.com exams graded, on the transcript, and processed by TESU?

even if TESU just got it but hasn't processed to your academic evual they will code you for the discount, they can see it as having been sent in the system. They did for me a week ago anyhow.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(06-25-2020, 05:54 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 05:33 PM)Library2HospitalChaplain Wrote: I was hoping someone would have a better direct email than that. I was hoping to get registered for the July term TOMORROW, and that's the last day before late fees kick in. I did get some financial aid awarded.

even if TESU just got it but hasn't processed to your academic evual they will code you for the discount, they can see it as having been sent in the system. They did for me a week ago anyhow.

Exactly, but it isn't even clear whether this exam on 6/19 has been graded.
(06-25-2020, 06:08 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:

Then TESU likely can't do anything, once study.com grades you can request they send transcript to TESU, that will take a couple days.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(06-25-2020, 06:50 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 06:08 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:

Then TESU likely can't do anything, once study.com grades you can request they send transcript to TESU, that will take a couple days.

I took library science on 6/19 and it just got graded. So hopefully yours got graded too. I also requested my presentation skills transcript first thing this morning and they sent the transcript this evening. Hopefully... you have the same luck and can get both done asap.
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
I hate this school

More greedier than for profit schools, always bait and switch, changing requirements in catalog and raising fees... Its like they want us not to go.
TESU - BA CS
(06-25-2020, 09:01 PM)inf Wrote: I hate this school

More greedier than for profit schools, always bait and switch, changing requirements in catalog and raising fees...  Its like they want us not to go.

I think you must not have much experience with other schools then, because schools change requirements ALL THE TIME.  And they raise fees EVERY YEAR.  Almost every school I know.  All of the state schools here in my state (CA) do.  I've yet to see a time when they've said "oh, so much tax money came in, we're lowering fees for everyone." They even found that the UC system (UC Davis, UC Berkeley, etc) had a $1.5B dollar slush fund they'd been hiding money in, and all the while were saying "we're so poor, we can't educate all of these people, we need more money."  It's disgusting.

Anyway, look around, you will see that this is one of the cheapest places you can get a degree.  If you can find something cheaper, please let us know.  We'd love to know about an RA bachelor's degree that costs less than $10k.  Yes, I know there are some out there, but ones at this mythical school that we've not heard about, that doesn't raise prices or change their catalog.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • indivinefavor, rachel83az, ss20ts
Still, time to get that course completed at study.com.  You may have to email study.com and request them to expedite the review of the final video. 

Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace is one of the fastest courses.  I took the placement test and only have 11 quizzes to do and that was with missing a bunch of questions.   If you score 100% on the quizzes, you only need a 55% on the final exam to pass.  If you score 65% or better on the practice test, you should be good to take the final.

One tip, forget the videos, just read the text so you can answer the quizzes faster and get to the end faster. 

Library Science 101: Information Literacy another short course.  45 quizzes. 

Anyone need a $20 off discount code to study.com pm me with email.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Everytime is something new with this University they are making it difficult  every one who a seeking to finished a Degree.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(06-26-2020, 03:00 PM)gams007 Wrote: Everytime is something new with this University they are making it difficult  every one who a seeking to finished a Degree.

That's how colleges are. Changes are expected every single year at colleges. Just like life, colleges change. Imagine if they didn't and we were all stuck taking degrees issues centuries ago? Many of us would not be excited to study philosophy, math, or physics. Once you're enrolled, your degree program won't change, but fees always go up. That's nothing new. That's how it is in everything in life.
(06-26-2020, 03:00 PM)gams007 Wrote: Everytime is something new with this University they are making it difficult  every one who a seeking to finished a Degree.

That's pretty standard. Sometimes universities change to make things easier, but they're almost always raising fees and making the requirements more difficult for students. Still, there are only a handful of unis that will allow you to get a worthwhile degree for less than the cost of a new car. Especially in the US.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,346 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 530 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az