Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com tuition discount going away July 1, 2020
If you want the affliliate discount, this is your last chance!

Tuition Rate Change
Effective July 1, 2020, new students will no longer be accepted into the Study.com partnership with the tuition reduction benefit. All Study.com students who apply by June 30, 2020, will continue to receive the partnership's tuition reduction, providing their student accounts remain current as per University policies.

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/index
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • bluebooger, CarpeDiem8
Yikes! Does that mean I need to send in a Study.com transcript by June 30th or am I good if I only enrolled in TESU? Ugh.
There are a lot of blows coming from the Big 3 these days.
[-] The following 2 users Like lacussucceed's post:
  • Clepper43, harrypotter
Between this and the rumoured increase in the residency fee waiver, it looks like TESU is actively trying to disincentivise the Residency Waiver and ensure students take courses at TESU.

I wonder whether the motive is financial, or something else?
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • harrypotter
Well, at least they keep it for the current students! They could have killed it altogether. Man, I need to do this capstone soon...
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(05-28-2020, 02:03 PM)innen_oda Wrote: Between this and the rumoured increase in the residency fee waiver, it looks like TESU is actively trying to disincentivise the Residency Waiver and ensure students take courses at TESU.

I wonder whether the motive is financial, or something else?

It is almost certainly financial. They make money from people taking classes at TESU and they don't make money from people transferring in credits. This is also why you'll almost never get support from them for degree planning using courses taken outside of TESU. That is a big reason this forum exists.

The new school President has been making a lot of changes to improve TESU's bottom line and reputation. I think part of this effort includes slowly navigating away from supporting the 114 credit transfer crowd.

With the way things are going at TESU and COSC, EC is going to be the most alt-education friendly school out there soon. Followed closely by WGU.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • BellaZuri
NJ has cut state funding to state university by over half during the covid-19 season, being the 2nd highest number of case in the US. I guess they are trying to meet up the deficit and off to get the bottom line up!
(05-28-2020, 01:44 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Yikes! Does that mean I need to send in a Study.com transcript by June 30th or am I good if I only enrolled in TESU? Ugh.

You have to be enrolled, and under the affiliate discount by June 30 - so if you've completed any Study.com courses, send in your transcript (it's free, and must come directly from Study.com to TESU), and then call and make sure that you have it on your account.  I would do both immediately.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Merlin Wrote: It is almost certainly financial. They make money from people taking classes at TESU and they don't make money from people transferring in credits.

True, although there are other ways of raising money that might involve ALL students, and not just the 114-ers. I assume the 114-ers make up a very small percentage of TESUs total enrollment numbers, and if you're looking to make more money, it's almost always better to scrape pennies off the 95% than dollars off the 5%.

I don't know much about how rankings work for US unis, but is there any difference in terms of rankings or reputation or even state funding that might be impacted by students actually taking courses from a uni vs. just getting a degree from a uni?

I suspect it probably is a reputation angle. I wonder what other changes are coming in July.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • Clepper43
"Study.com will need to be identified as the 'Partner Affiliation' on the student's original application to TESU."

I didn't do this when I applied. I think I read someone else say a while back that if you call them they will apply it for you. Is this correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy