Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
I was informed this morning by my Military Academic Advisor, that TESU will no longer accept transfer credits from Study.com.  I am currently attending for two AAS Computer Studies and Military Tech Leadership and BALS Computer Science.  So this will definitely crimp credit transfers.

Has anyone else been told this and if so, possible path forward?

In August 2022, Discrete Math, Operating Systems, and Computer Architecture transferred into TESU just fine.

Though we can't predict the future, there is no reason to think that TESU will stop accepting certain Study.com CS/CIS courses that are critical to the Computer Science degree. 
[-] The following 2 users Like joshypauly's post:
  • dhallfootball21, Dodecagram
OMG! WHAT?! I haven't heard anything yet... Hopefully that is not the case! WOW... if they do terminate Study.com transfers, they will lose the entire members of this board and no longer be in the Big 3... I guess if that's the case, Excelsior is the best option of the bunch... unless you go Competency Based education options!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dhallfootball21
Have you asked TESU about this? That would be who I would listen to not someone outside of the university who may be completely misinformed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(12-13-2021, 01:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you asked TESU about this? That would be who I would listen to not someone outside of the university who may be completely misinformed.
She is an advisor at TESU so she is not a sub or a contractor.  She said Sophia is still good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joshypauly's post:
  • dhallfootball21
I would not necessarily listen to any advisors; they're often wrong. That said... ashkir's advisor was preemptively correct about the then-unheard-of ACE credit limit when he was (trying to) attend TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(12-13-2021, 01:22 PM)joshypauly Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 01:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Have you asked TESU about this? That would be who I would listen to not someone outside of the university who may be completely misinformed.
She is an advisor at TESU so she is not a sub or a contractor.  She said Sophia is still good.

Where is the documentation to support this? Anytime there's been a big degree change, there's a notice published. This would be a huge issue for many students. There would be a cut off date. This is still on Study.com so I'm leering about the change happening all of a sudden. There definitely would be dates issued about this change. They usually give a heads up so people know it's coming in a few weeks/months. 

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • dhallfootball21
TESU use to have a partnership with Study.com which they dropped TESU tuition if you took Study.com courses.

Would be strange for TESU to get rid of Study.com altogether.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(12-13-2021, 02:01 PM)LevelUP Wrote: TESU use to have a partnership with Study.com which they dropped TESU tuition if you took Study.com courses.

Would be strange for TESU to get rid of Study.com altogether.

Yes indeed, which was a surprise when she had said that because I had asked specifically about comp sci 201 for cos-241 data structures and comp sci 306 for cos-330 comp architecture.  That is when she had stated credits will not be accepted from study.com any more but sophias are still good.  

Think maybe it is a play to get more money into TESU?
[-] The following 1 user Likes joshypauly's post:
  • dhallfootball21
If they are going to do this, they'll probably make the actual announcement closer to January 1st. It may even be an announcement made on the 1st/2nd about how they will stop accepting SDC credits in March or whatever, similar to the ACE credit limit announcement before.

Just in case, I've got 4 must-have SDC courses that I'm going to do my darndest to complete before the 31st. If they do stop accepting SDC courses in 2022, I'll still be able to get at least one degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(12-13-2021, 12:55 PM)joshypauly Wrote: I was informed this morning by my Military Academic Advisor, that TESU will no longer accept transfer credits from Study.com.  I am currently attending for two AAS Computer Studies and Military Tech Leadership and BALS Computer Science.  So this will definitely crimp credit transfers.

Has anyone else been told this and if so, possible path forward?

Maybe it was a regarding a specific course, which happens, vs all Study.com credits.  That is far more common, and likely.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • dhallfootball21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 495 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 443 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 465 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 317 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,281 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 257 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,215 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 366 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 205 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX