Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Transcript to get into Credential Program Issue HELP!
Hi Everyone,

I am very grateful for this forum, because of it I was able to get my History degree through TESU.  My problem now stems from an issue with my transcript from TESU that I turned into an institution in California to get my teaching credentials. They audited my transcript and told me that they had never seen anything like mine, on the bottom of my TESU transcript there is a section that has Assessment Credits that  were earned through places like Study.com and Straighterline. So they reached out to CTC (California Commission of Credentials) to see if they are allowed / approved. I have not heard back yet. 
My question(s) are has anyone trying to become an educator come across anything like this? If so what should I expect or what can I do? My fear is that they will tell me that all those classes have to be taken all over again, so yes I'm really stressing right now. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

This is cross posted because I wasn't really sure where to get the answer for this.
You only need to post in one place. Most folks here will see all new posts regardless of where it is listed
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Which credential are you trying to get? General education or special education? Single subject or multiple subject?

https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/req-teaching

Quote:I turned into an institution in California to get my teaching credentials

Government or private institution?
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
I would check out these links:

https://www.teachercertificationdegrees....alifornia/

https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/teach

WGU has a teaching program that's accepted by California.

In some places, you can teach without a license.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-10-2022, 06:08 PM)Vle045 Wrote: You only need to post in one place.   Most folks here will see all new posts regardless of where it is listed

sounds good thank you

(05-10-2022, 06:16 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: Which credential are you trying to get? General education or special education? Single subject or multiple subject?

https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/req-teaching

Quote:I turned into an institution in California to get my teaching credentials

Government or private institution?

Single Subject Social Science

Teachers College of San Joaquin is Government I believe

[url=https://www.sjcoe.org/tcsj/][/url]
[-] The following 1 user Likes tls7291's post:
  • Vle045
The "subject-matter competence" section might be what has them concerned/confused: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leafl...-(CL-560C)

Although you did "Complete a degree major from a regionally-accredited college or university in one of the statutory subjects available for a Single Subject Teaching Credential as listed above. Degree major must be in the subject area being sought."

I don't think you have an alternative to waiting for the response.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
I am going through an alternative certification process to get my teaching credential in SC now. There are multiple programs available, some are even free - but there are stipulations. There were a couple of programs I was looking at, and it would have been a lot of work to get either the UL credit needed, or the graded credit. So, I chose the program that took what I had.

So, my advice is to see what else is available before making any decisions on which program to go through. Don't just choose the closest one, or the one your friend used, or whatever.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Be patient and wait for a response.  While you're doing that - You might want to investigate further other programs that are offered at say WGU for licensure (if they require you to get an extra preparation program completed), I remember Ideas did her first Masters at WGU, although I recall her program was more on design than instruction.  Anyways, you may even want to go for a Masters from them https://www.wgu.edu/online-teaching-degr...grams.html
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If they do come back with a rejection, get the exact reason from them if you can, ideally referencing the exact law or rule that they are basing their decision on, then ask what the appeal process would be. At that point you may want some sort of advocate to guide your next steps. Not sure that a lawyer would be quite the right person, but try to find someone who has expertise. TESU might also be interested in your plight (assuming a rejection), and might be willing to help in some way (additional documentation about their granting of credit?).
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 93 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 507 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az