Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coopersmith UL Courses @ TESU
(06-23-2020, 05:47 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 01:45 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:  
Thank you for the inquiry. All of the courses you listed will transfer into TESU. Seven of the courses transfer in as PSY- courses and two as Counseling (COU). The two COU- courses would be eligible to fulfill credits in your "Electives" section. The seven PSY courses would fulfill credits in your major section (AOS). See below for the specific transfer equivalencies.

PSY-325: Career Counseling >> TESU COU-473
PSY-310: Foundations of Stress Management >> TESU COU-423

So I'm assuming these are "Free Electives" and not any other kind since it wasn't specified.  Good to know.

I wouldn't take these 2 since they won't count towards your UL needed.

Foundations of Stress Management came in for me as UL SOS-320 (Management of Stress and Tension). It was used in my BALS UL AOS. Sounds like they made some changes.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(06-24-2020, 09:41 AM)suzycupcake Wrote:
Thank you for the inquiry. All of the courses you listed will transfer into TESU. Seven of the courses transfer in as PSY- courses and two as Counseling (COU). The two COU- courses would be eligible to fulfill credits in your "Electives" section. The seven PSY courses would fulfill credits in your major section (AOS). See below for the specific transfer equivalencies.

So I'm assuming these are "Free Electives" and not any other kind since it wasn't specified.  Good to know.

Foundations of Stress Management came in for me as UL SOS-320 (Management of Stress and Tension). It was used in my BALS UL AOS. Sounds like they made some changes.

Yes, that's unfortunate because I was going to take this one first lol! I think I'll double check that one...when you transfer this course in?
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
End of 2019 in I believe, October.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)

I talked with Suzy a lot before taking my classes with Coopersmith so a lot of our classes were the same. Foundations of Stress Management came in as SOS-320 for me as well. I transferred mine in March I believe. 
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like darthweezy's post:
  • indivinefavor, suzycupcake
(06-26-2020, 12:26 PM)darthweezy Wrote:

I talked with Suzy a lot before taking my classes with Coopersmith so a lot of our classes were the same. Foundations of Stress Management came in as SOS-320 for me as well. I transferred mine in March I believe. 

Thanks for the input guys. I got sidetracked with my Sophia courses, that I forgot to ask. Hopefully, this was a mistake or maybe they're going by the July catalogue...hmmm, we'll see.
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

Completed:
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
(06-26-2020, 10:07 PM)indivinefavor Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:26 PM)darthweezy Wrote:

Thanks for the input guys. I got sidetracked with my Sophia courses, that I forgot to ask. Hopefully, this was a mistake or maybe they're going by the July catalogue...hmmm, we'll see.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! TESU responded and basically said...whoops...you guys were right lol! So, yay...I can take Foundations of Stress now. 

Good morning,

Well, in our system I have that course listed as PSY310A and the PSY310 shows the COU course I listed. However, it appears on the NCCRS site they changed PSY310 to PSY312 (The COU course) and so now PSY310 is the Foundations of Stress course, which will transfer in as SOS-320.

Thank you!

As a member of the Office of Academic Advising, I look forward to working closely with you in order to ensure your continued success.  Should you need additional support, inquiries may be sent via email to academicadvising@tesu.edu (please note your degree program in the subject line). In addition to this service, I encourage you to schedule an advising appointment.  During these personalized meetings, you will receive comprehensive counseling which will enrich your academic experience.
- Vince Gowmon

Completed:
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
[-] The following 3 users Like indivinefavor's post:
  • Library2HospitalChaplain, P226mem, suzycupcake
(06-23-2020, 01:45 PM)indivinefavor Wrote: PSY-305: Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior >> TESU PSY-338

Just got a passing score back on this one from Coopersmith and had it sent in to TESU. Should be my last credits needed for my BALS!! Thanks for the tip!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bahman1993's post:
  • suzycupcake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 718 1 hour ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 230 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP