Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Transfer Tool
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I would like to thank all that contribute to this forum, it has been extremely informative and I appreciate all of your efforts. I will be finishing my associates degree this coming fall semester and I have a handful of Sophia credits; I'm hoping to complete my bachelor's at TESU. I used TESU's transfer tool to see what would transfer from my CC to their institution and the situation didn't look great. There are many classes at my CC that seem like they would fit the bill for classes offered from TESU but many of these classes were not on the transfer tool's list. So, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this tool or knows how accurate it actually is? I have not enrolled at TESU yet as I still have a semester left at my CC. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Yeah if it isn't in the list. It likely still transfers you just have to ask how ut transfers as. Just because a course isn't in the transfer list doesn't mean it won't transfer.

Tesu is very generous on transferring credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • Ypsiterroir
(07-04-2020, 10:56 AM)natshar Wrote: Yeah if it isn't in the list. It likely still transfers you just have to ask how ut transfers as. Just because a course isn't in the transfer list doesn't mean it won't transfer.

Tesu is very generous on transferring credit.

So encouraging to hear, thank you for the insight!
A transfer tool is only as good as the information previously transferred. So, if you're bring in courses from a CC that doesn't have anyone who has transferred credit there (or only a few people), then it won't cover many courses, and won't be of much help.

I'd say that I'd probably only use something like that for in-state (so a NJ CC to TESU for instance). That will have the most matches.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Ypsiterroir
(07-05-2020, 01:30 AM)dfrecore Wrote: A transfer tool is only as good as the information previously transferred.  So, if you're bring in courses from a CC that doesn't have anyone who has transferred credit there (or only a few people), then it won't cover many courses, and won't be of much help.

I'd say that I'd probably only use something like that for in-state (so a NJ CC to TESU for instance).  That will have the most matches.

That totally makes sense, I appreciate your insight. I was freaked out for a minute haha, thanks for help and reassurance!
What type of degree is your associate's degree?

If you time things out, you could be ready for the TESU capstone/cornerstone right after you are done with your associate's degree if you build-up credits quickly in the summer and sparingly in the fall.

Dfrecore is the master of knowing how credits will likely come in.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Ypsiterroir
(07-05-2020, 11:52 AM)LevelUP Wrote: What type of degree is your associate's degree?

If you time things out, you could be ready for the TESU capstone/cornerstone right after you are done with your associate's degree if you build-up credits quickly in the summer and sparingly in the fall.

Dfrecore is the master of knowing how credits will likely come in.

It's a General Studies degree with a transfer pathway concentration. I hope to complete a psych BA at TESU. I have one semester left at CC(fall) and hope to take the winter semester to gain all the credits I'm missing and then transfer to TESU/do the capstone in the spring/summer. This forum has been a lifesaver and so informative. Thanks for your insight and the comment!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 698 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch