Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU UL course options
(05-09-2020, 05:08 AM)harrypotter Wrote: Some Coopersmith courses have assignments. I bought the study guide for an upper level psychology course. There were 2 papers required to be submitted before taking the final exam.

May I ask which UL psych Coopersmith courses had the papers, when you have a moment?

I tried to take a look on their website but it doesn’t appear to say anything, that I noticed anyway.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
[-] The following 1 user Likes CarpeDiem8's post:
  • TwinMom
Saylor has a LL Principles of Management course that transfers to TESU as UL. I believe it could be used in BALS AOS - No Concentration

They have 3 other LL business courses that transfer to TESU as UL. I wonder if they could all be used in the BALS AOS.

For those who aren’t familiar: Saylor’s courses are $25-45 each and are credit by proctored exam with no assignments.

https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit-p...r-partner/
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-12-2020, 08:46 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Saylor has a LL General Management course that transfers to TESU as UL. It could be used in BALS AOS.

They have 3 other LL business courses that transfer to TESU as UL. I wonder if they could all be used in the BALS AOS.

For those who aren’t familiar: Saylor’s courses are $25-45 each and are credit by proctored exam with no assignments.

https://www.saylor.org/partners/credit-p...r-partner/

Which course specifically? Their intro to management does come in as UL but TESU doesn't list it as a general ed elective, which is what they typically use to gauge if it'll count for the BALS AOS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bahman1993's post:
  • ldmoose
Quote:Which course specifically? Their intro to management does come in as UL but TESU doesn't list it as a general ed elective, which is what they typically use to gauge if it'll count for the BALS AOS.

The Principles of Management Saylor course (BUS 208) transfers as Intro to Management (MAN 301) which is in the BALS - General Management Concentration.
(05-12-2020, 11:21 PM)harrypotter Wrote:
Quote:Which course specifically? Their intro to management does come in as UL but TESU doesn't list it as a general ed elective, which is what they typically use to gauge if it'll count for the BALS AOS.

The General Management Saylor course (BUS 208) transfers as General Management (MAN 301) which is in the BALS - General Management Concentration.

Gotcha, confused me with the General Management Course, Sophia is titling it as intro to management. TESU won't take it for just a straight BALS without the General Management concentration unfortunately, I have the credit in my transcript from a previous course but they won't use it in my AOS.
Quote:May I ask which UL psych Coopersmith courses had the papers, when you have a moment?

I tried to take a look on their website but it doesn’t appear to say anything, that I noticed anyway.

Thanks!

Oops, sorry I accidentally gave out wrong course info. I said that an UL Coopersmith psych course has papers. What I was supposed to say is that a UL psych course, Physiological Psychology, at CIS Testing has papers. The two companies are so alike I got them confused, lol.
Great info -- thanks!
(05-08-2020, 11:14 AM)darthweezy Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation should be at the top of your list for both price and quickness in which you can complete it. Another provider is Coopersmith CC is about double the price vs study.com but would be much quicker and it's only a test as opposed to quizzes, assignment, then the final. I highly recommend Coopersmith which is gaining some traction on the board but is best used with TESU.

For Coopersmith I took

Drugs, Society and Human Behavior (PSY 305)
Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY 320)
Foundations of Stress Management (PSY-310)
Sport and Exercise Psychology (PSY-318)

Edit: to add to my post these specific UL were all of the ones I took for the BALS Social Sciences concentration.

If you happen to not pass a Coopersmith exam do you get another chance? Or would you have to pay for the class again to retake the final?

Also, with a subject you're knowledgeable in can you go straight to the exam? Or are there mini quizzes within the modules (like TEEX) that need to be complete before you can advance?
(06-07-2020, 01:45 PM)ldmoose Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 11:14 AM)darthweezy Wrote: TEEX Death Investigation should be at the top of your list for both price and quickness in which you can complete it. Another provider is Coopersmith CC is about double the price vs study.com but would be much quicker and it's only a test as opposed to quizzes, assignment, then the final. I highly recommend Coopersmith which is gaining some traction on the board but is best used with TESU.

For Coopersmith I took

Edit: to add to my post these specific UL were all of the ones I took for the BALS Social Sciences concentration.

If you happen to not pass a Coopersmith exam do you get another chance? Or would you have to pay for the class again to retake the final?

Also, with a subject you're knowledgeable in can you go straight to the exam? Or are there mini quizzes within the modules (like TEEX) that need to be complete before you can advance?
You get 3 chances to pass. There aren't mini exams like other providers, it is simply study then take the final. I took psychology courses and I don't think someone would be able to pass without the material they provide just because there are some pretty specific questions.
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
[-] The following 3 users Like darthweezy's post:
  • harrypotter, ldmoose, suzycupcake
(06-08-2020, 08:23 PM)darthweezy Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 01:45 PM)ldmoose Wrote:

For Coopersmith I took

You get 3 chances to pass. There aren't mini exams like other providers, it is simply study then take the final. I took psychology courses and I don't think someone would be able to pass without the material they provide just because there are some pretty specific questions.

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 723 51 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 271 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch