Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - UL psychology is no more! I am PISSED!!
So... TESU downgraded my psychology courses, as I said some days back. I have been fighting them for a week to fix it. THEY DENIED IT TODAY AGAIN! They said ALL of those Study.com Upper Level psychology are NO LONGER UPPER LEVEL! ... and they won't honor it even though I did it before they suddenly changed it!
This is infuriating! :mad:

I told them you cannot arbitrarily downgrade when they were completed before you changed the rules- AND DIDN'T EVEN TELL ANYONE YOU CHANGED THEM!
They said file another appeal. I said UNTIL WHEN? How long do I have t keep fighting for it? OMG I am so mad. I do not have time for this crap.

So be forewarned... NO UL CREDIT from the usual Study.com courses anymore!

Study.com TESU
Psychology 104: Social Psychology PSY-370 : Social Psychology 3
Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology PSY-322 : Research in Exp Psych 3
Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology PSY-350 : Abnormal Psychology

are now coming in as 237, 238, and I forget the last one....
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
When exactly did this change? What if its already on an evaluation? I am getting ready to go through a degree audit and so my courses (I assume) aren't "official" until that happens??? Right now my entire evaluation shows as "anticipated complete" pending finishing my capstone - which should happen in just a few weeks. Then degree audit by July 1. Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm thinking you might reach out to study.com too. A few times in the past when TESU "forgot" to honor transfer credits or billed things incorrectly I was able to show them where study.com had approval / partnership with TESU for those specific issues. TESU went back and fixed it based on that communication.

I am going to be so stressed if this is a problem because I will be four UL courses short for a social science concentration or three UL courses short for a general liberal studies degree. This would have greatly affected how I spent my time (and money) on those last three classes. I could have chosen other options. I actually let my shmoop subscription lapse to work on study.com instead. I could easily have finished off another three UL courses through them.

*Edited to add: I just went in and ran my evaluation again to check it. It still shows credit as UL and still shows me as "Anticipated Complete Pending Course in Progress"(the Capstone). So they haven't changed on the evaluation how they applied my previous transfer credits. But now I am extremely nervous. I've literally just been twiddling my thumbs for the last twelve weeks waiting for this capstone course to be finished and not having anything else to work on and I so easily could have worked on other courses in the meantime. If I have to last minute throw together three UL courses I don't even know where to start.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Exactly what departments have you appealed so far? You can appeal all the way up to the Dean of your school and beyond.
Administrative Appeals Committee
Academic Appeals and Waivers

BTW, this is what I mean about consequences when discussing course tips/ease on a public forum. Unfortunately too many have discussed study.com recently and to be honest I expected something like this might happen. All, please try to remember, folks at the school monitor these forums.

I also feel I need to caution you about something else, that's kept very quiet but I've noticed happen over the years. TESU's publications are extremely vague on exact course transfer approval/evaluation and they have the final decision on any and all things. There is a way you need to approach them when you have an issue. It seems as if you may have landed on someone's bad side. Please try to refrain form getting too emotional when talking to them.

I would set up a phone appointment with a Sr Advisor or Asst/Director of Advising. (If it was one of these folks who you've already been talking with don't bother.) You may just need a Sr Advisor or Director of Advising to step in for you. They have been known to appeal these types of decisions to the Dean on your behalf. I've experienced many situations in my years at the school, and after, hope one of my suggestions help. Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
The office said again today (I've been going round and round for days) that the dean reviewed and decided to change them and no, I am not grandfathered in - EVEN THOUGH I DID IT PRIOR to whatever date they changed it! She said she's had many calls today regarding it, and had 3 others upset about it even just before my call!
So I am not sure how many it is affecting but obviously a lot!

It affected e financially, and wasted a ton of time as well, as I could have done something else, too!
CAPSTONE (95%)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
rlw74 Wrote:When exactly did this change? What if its already on an evaluation? I am getting ready to go through a degree audit and so my courses (I assume) aren't "official" until that happens??? Right now my entire evaluation shows as "anticipated complete" pending finishing my capstone - which should happen in just a few weeks. Then degree audit by July 1. Has anyone else had this happen?

Read my post above. If they transcribed the courses as UL for you, I wouldn't expect them to change it now. If you've noticed, they never gave the OP upper level credit for the courses.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thanks Bricabrac!
I definitely will continue to appeal.
I was nice when talking to them until today, after days of wrangling!
I'm calling study.com as well to let them know and see what they say.
CAPSTONE (95%)
BingCherry Wrote:Thanks Bricabrac!
I definitely will continue to appeal.
I was nice when talking to them until today, after days of wrangling!
I'm calling study.com as well to let them know and see what they say.

I would submit the TESU/Study.com equivalency transfer screenshot with your appeal to the academic committee. Study.com seems to have a strong partnership (tuition discounts) with TESU that I think will prove very difficult to ignore. Going forward, I'm sure any students taking the courses will most likely be downgraded, unless Study.com adds a project of some sort to the course. What a shame this happened yet again. I experienced something similar with Aleks way back when.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
Thank you bricabrac... I'm hoping I'm grandfathered in. I had my courses evaluated in about a month ago. So hopefully they don't come back and change it after I go through degree audit. That will leave me with just weeks to finish up three to four courses before the second degree audit. Which gives me 3-4 weeks maybe? If that's the case I probably won't be graduating in September which affects my plans to start my grad school program too. Ugghhhh! Hopefully it works out for everyone involved.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
I think someone needs to contact Study.com, as their course equivalency page shows what the TESU course numbers are. If it's wrong, then they seriously need to change them NOW. If someone there has some pull with TESU, then maybe they can help fight this one for you. It might be better for that to happen.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Just talked to Study.com and they will call me tmrw and let me know about what they can do/find out! I'll keep you posted.
They have such amazing customer support!
CAPSTONE (95%)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore