Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - UL psychology is no more! I am PISSED!!
Life Long Learning Wrote:If FCC grants them credit they are now regionally accepted and accredited. They are accepted by others like Excelsior College and true to their original charter.
Where learning comes from is irrelevant....ex-President of Excelsior College who died last year.

Baker University also accepts FEMA IS. http://www.bakeru.edu/images/pdf/spgs/FE...edures.pdf

They are not regionally accredited credits. If FCC is not offering the courses, then they don't fall under their accreditation. ACE and NCCRS courses and tests don't magically become regionally accredited just because an RA school accepts them. Excelsior won't accept CLEPs and DSSTs off another school's transcript. The overwhelming majority of colleges do not award credits for FEMA IS courses. I would even say that over 99% of colleges do not award credit for FEMA IS courses.

The only reasons why Excelsior accepts FEMA credits off of other schools' transcripts are because Excelsior refuses to evaluate them for college credits, and FEMA IS courses are not evaluated by ACE or NCCRS for college credits. This is Excelsior's way of putting the responsibility on another school.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Many colleges take "NOLS" adventure outdoors credits. My son is getting 8 SH from the University of Utah this Summer that way. They are not colleges either, but will be after Utah puts it on their transcript.

sanantone Wrote:Whether or not a course is college-level has everything to do with the level of the content presented and the level of coursework that needs to be completed. It has nothing to do with the subject. If someone has to write a 10-page essay on the cultural impact the Beatles' music had, then that is more college-level than reading about governmental procedures that are worded to be understood by everyone and taking an open-book, multiple choice exam on them.

FEMA IS courses are not offered by regionally accredited schools; they are offered by EMI.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Life Long Learning Wrote:Many colleges take "NOLS" adventure outdoors credits. My son is getting 8 SH from the University of Utah this Summer that way. They are not colleges either, but will be after Utah puts it on their transcript.

I'm sorry, but is this a typo?
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Not true!

FCC and Clackamas both list the FEMA credits as below-the-line credits (their credits) and DSST/CLEP as above-the-line transfer credits (other transfer credits only). I have both official transcripts. They are now regionally accredited by placement and intent.

sanantone Wrote:They are not regionally accredited credits. If FCC is not offering the courses, then they don't fall under their accreditation. ACE and NCCRS courses and tests don't magically become regionally accredited just because an RA school accepts them. Excelsior won't accept CLEPs and DSSTs off another school's transcript. The overwhelming majority of colleges do not award credits for FEMA IS courses. I would even say that over 99% of colleges do not award credit for FEMA IS courses.

The only reasons why Excelsior accepts FEMA credits off of other schools' transcripts are because Excelsior refuses to evaluate them for college credits, and FEMA IS courses are not evaluated by ACE or NCCRS for college credits. This is Excelsior's way of putting the responsibility on another school.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

NOLS is not a college. Utah accepts them as their own like a FEMA IS course.

sanantone Wrote:I'm sorry, but is this a typo?

Life Long Learning Wrote:Many colleges take "NOLS" adventure outdoors credits. My son is getting 8 SH from the University of Utah this Summer that way. They are not colleges either, but will be after Utah puts it on their transcript.

The University of Utah is a partner with NOLS to do this - it's like they outsourced these courses to this company to do for them. So yeah, NOLS is not a university, but a university has decided that these courses will receive credit through their school. Not the same thing as FEMA IS.

Also, for students to receive graduate-level credit, they have to go through the program, and then write a research paper which they send to the UofU for grading. So even less like FEMA IS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
FCC is an official partner with EMI.....same thing! They are in bed together.

Clackamas, Guam, and Baker are not official partners with EMI.

Only talking ungrad credits here! Never talked aboutGrad level.

dfrecore Wrote:The University of Utah is a partner with NOLS to do this - it's like they outsourced these courses to this company to do for them. So yeah, NOLS is not a university, but a university has decided that these courses will receive credit through their school. Not the same thing as FEMA IS.

Also, for students to receive graduate-level credit, they have to go through the program, and then write a research paper which they send to the UofU for grading. So even less like FEMA IS.

Life Long Learning Wrote:Not true!

FCC and Clackamas both list the FEMA credits as below-the-line credits (their credits) and DSST/CLEP as above-the-line transfer credits (other transfer credits only). I have both official transcripts. They are now regionally accredited by placement and intent.

It doesn't matter. TESU knows that they aren't offering these courses. No, they are not regionally accredited. Accreditation organizations have guidelines for faculty and the design of courses. FEMA IS courses are external courses no matter where FCC decides to place them on a transcript. If colleges and universities were allowed to bring anything in under their accreditation, then the accreditation system would be pointless.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I disagree with your assessment and so do some colleges.

That's why one should apply to all 3 as they are NOT the same!

sanantone Wrote:It doesn't matter. TESU knows that they aren't offering these courses. No, they are not regionally accredited. Accreditation organizations have guidelines for faculty and the design of courses. FEMA IS courses are external courses no matter where FCC decides to place them on a transcript. If colleges and universities were allowed to bring anything in under their accreditation, then the accreditation system would be pointless.

So does TESU take Utah NOLS courses? or do they just hate FEMA?hilarious

sanantone Wrote:It doesn't matter. TESU knows that they aren't offering these courses. No, they are not regionally accredited. Accreditation organizations have guidelines for faculty and the design of courses. FEMA IS courses are external courses no matter where FCC decides to place them on a transcript. If colleges and universities were allowed to bring anything in under their accreditation, then the accreditation system would be pointless.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,010 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,133 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,747 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,365 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,610 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,339 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,874 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore