Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU] What's the turnaround time for an appeal?
Nixi Wrote:Yeah, I wanted to try but I didn't really expect anything.

I'm still glad I have the option of doing Saylor's ENVS203: Environmental Ethics, Justice & World Views for $25. Going to cram for it and try my luck.
Don't expect that cramming to go quick. I used that course as prep for the Environmental Ethics TECEP and it took forever to get through that pile of material. On the plus side, the Saylor final was much easier than the TECEP. Unfortunately, it was not ACE approved when I did it.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Don't expect that cramming to go quick. I used that course as prep for the Environmental Ethics TECEP and it took forever to get through that pile of material. On the plus side, the Saylor final was much easier than the TECEP. Unfortunately, it was not ACE approved when I did it.

Thanks, it's a Saylor course so I don't expect it to go quick, but as I'm planning on applying for September graduation I'm going to do this as quick as I can. If I don't pass, I have the option of moving my SL Business Ethics to fulfill my Ethics requirement, and then I'll have to enroll in the Penn Foster International Business course (3 webinars + proctored exam). I want to save time and money, so I'll only enroll in the Penn Foster course as a last resort.
The DSST Ethics in America is pretty popular on this forum, maybe you want to try that instead? You could sign up and do it in a few days.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:The DSST Ethics in America is pretty popular on this forum, maybe you want to try that instead? You could sign up and do it in a few days.

Thanks, it's a hassle for me to schedule a test and then travel to the testing center, but if it comes to it then I might do this.
davewill Wrote:Don't expect that cramming to go quick.
It seemed to go by quick. Big Grin

I'm happy to post I took and passed Saylor's ENVS203: Environmental Ethics, Justice & World Views course today with a 96%. Rather than going through all the course materials, I went through the unit assessment quizzes multiple times today, and I also did the practice final and looked up anything I didn't understand.

As soon as I submitted my exam, I got an e-mail notification with a cool auto-generated certificate (name & certificate ID whited out):
[Image: 7a7eIcy.png]

I'm glad I chose Saylor, now I can get back to working on my remaining courses for September graduation.
Woo hoo! Awesome Job, I've not taken that course yet.
Good mini review and insight on your study techniques.
As a side note, great 3 credits for $25
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just to check, you did do the proctored final for credit, right? You can get that cert just for doing the non-proctored final.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Just to check, you did do the proctored final for credit, right? You can get that cert just for doing the non-proctored final.

Yes, I did the password protected proctored final too. I paid the extra $8 to ProctorU to take the final earlier than scheduled.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore