Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - When to apply/pay for graduation and how to get partnership discounts?
Hello! Popping in due to a question of a similar nature.

I paid for the Graduation Application Fee about 12 hours ago, and am aware that I also need to pay the Residency Waiver Fee. However, I was not presented with the option nor did it show up in the Account Summary/Financial Standings found through the Online Student Services portal.

Is this something I would need to reach out and contact the Bursar's Office about, or would an option to pay this online become available?

Cheers!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA in Computer Information Systems (120/120) and General Management (120/120)
First course started on June 1, 2017.  Last course finished on July 31, 2017.

Davar: ACC-101 • ACC-102 • FIN-301 • MAN-301 • MAN-372 • ECO-111 • ECO-112 • MAN-373 • CIS-301 • FIN-334 • LAW-201 • COM-209 • MAR-310 • MAR-330
ALEKS: STA-201 • MAT-121 • MAT-115 • MAT-129   Study.com: ENC-101 • ENC-102 • POS-110 • SOC-101
ACTFL: KOR-393   SOPHIA: HRM-299   Institues: PHI-384  TESU: BUS-421

You may need to complete everything in OSS. I would call TESU office and see what they say.
If the option isn't there, they may need to manually modify the request. Keep us informed!
I believe the "fee payment system" has been moved to an exclusively online option now.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
scoriae Wrote:Hello! Popping in due to a question of a similar nature.

I paid for the Graduation Application Fee about 12 hours ago, and am aware that I also need to pay the Residency Waiver Fee. However, I was not presented with the option nor did it show up in the Account Summary/Financial Standings found through the Online Student Services portal.

Is this something I would need to reach out and contact the Bursar's Office about, or would an option to pay this online become available?

Cheers!

E-mail bursar and ask them to put the fee on your account and send you a link. Make sure they apply the study.com discount for you if you have that available. They responded pretty quickly to my request the whole process only took about 10minutes after the first reply from the bursar. You can probably also call and shave a few minutes off that time.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Hi. Are these the following steps that I should follow for graduation?

1) Finish off requirements for degree (or shortly after applying for graduation)
2) Submit application for December graduation before October 1
3) Pay for graduation fee/residency waiver fee at the same time
4) Resend all transcripts from ACE/NCCRS, Straighterline, etc
5) Wait for additional details from TESU or evaluation feedback

Am I missing anything here for now? Please and Thank you!

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Lewis.Yim Wrote:Hi. Are these the following steps that I should follow for graduation?

1) Finish off requirements for degree (or shortly after applying for graduation)
2) Submit application for December graduation before October 1
3) Pay for graduation fee/residency waiver fee at the same time
4) Resend all transcripts from ACE/NCCRS, Straighterline, etc
5) Wait for additional details from TESU or evaluation feedback

Am I missing anything here for now? Please and Thank you!
You only need to send transcripts that you have added to since you last sent them in. Otherwise, you have it down.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Residency Waiver Fee: Is this really good for one year?
I read it only is for the Associates and another Associate and/or a First Bachelors Degree.
Does the Residency fee work for another Bachelors degree as a Second Bachelors?

For example, I anticipate that I'll graduate December with a BSBA CIS/GM,
Can I go for a BALS with the concentration in CIS or NSM March 2018?
Will they charge me a second residency waiver?

I read that the residency waiver is good for a year, so, that should include another Bachelors?
I know there's another "second" graduation fee, but that's fine with me.
I just don't want to pay for a second residency waiver for the same thing.

(06-30-2017, 06:53 PM)Ideas Wrote:
Silly_Me Wrote:Ugh.  I definitely won't be ready to graduate for another 3-4 years.  I wonder if they'll renew their affiliation & offer a similar deal on the residency waiver after 2018.  I sure hope they do!

They have a deal until spring or mid 2019 already. But I think you should lock in the older catalog before July 1, 2018.

Locking in the older (current) catalog by July 1, 2018 will lock in the study.com discount? I can take a TECEP to officially enroll by then but I won't be able to pay the residency waiver fee by then. Will I lose the discount?
Amy
Goal: BA in English at TESU
Completed: 78 B&M credits plus:
Institutes: Ethics
Study.com: Personal Finance, History of the Vietnam War, English Comp I, Intro World Religions, Public Speaking, Intro to Humanities
Shmoop: Bible as Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, Women's Lit, Modernist Lit, Holocaust Lit
TECEP: Technical Writing
Amy - Not exactly, what I know is that locking in the current catalog only gets you locked into the requirements of the degree.
To get the Study.com discount would be a different issue, you need to email TESU and inform them to update you to get the discount, the discount itself should be good until July 2018.

Any time past that would be a renegotiated discount... could be better or worse than it is now... it's a toss up.
To complicate things further, if you're taking UL courses at Study.com, do so before the end of the year. I hear many, not just the business or psychology courses, but some science courses are going to change as well to Lower Level, get them while they're hot!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU graduation information email:  Is there another method to pay without getting dinged the credit card fee?
I received this email yesterday!  I have a few more courses to go and will need to pay for everything now right?
Otherwise it'll push me back until March 2018 for graduation, if I don't pay all the fees before October 1, correct?

Congratulations on nearing the end of your degree! We are pleased with the progress you have made so far. Your registration record indicates you are currently registered or recently completed BUS-421-TE100, which is typically taken at the end of your degree program. Because of that, it may be time for you to apply for graduation. If you have already applied for graduation or are not at the end of your degree program, please disregard.

Please review the graduation information provided for you below to determine if you are ready to apply for graduation.

1.       Review your academic evaluation through Online Student Services to verify that you are within a few credits of degree completion and that your TESU GPA is above a 2.0. The credits remaining should be in progress with TESU and/or in the process of being transferred into the University from any outside institutions you are attending.

2.       Make one final advising appointment with your Academic Advisor by scheduling time through the My Edison Portal.

3.       Pass your Capstone, Practicum or equivalent course for your program with a C or better.  A C- is not acceptable.

4.       Determine if you have met any required credit hour residency for your enrollment. If you are opting to pay the residency waiver fee, contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 to coordinate your payment.

5.       Apply for graduation and pay the graduation fee through Online Student Services. The next deadline to apply for Graduation is October 1, 2017 and the degrees will be conferred in December 2017. All TESU course work must be complete by November 1, 2017 and all transfer credit must be postmarked by October 1, 2017. You also must be a currently enrolled student to apply for graduation. It is important to note that your degree will not be listed on your transcript until after the degrees are conferred in September.

We hope that you have found this information helpful and informative. If you have already applied for graduation, please disregard. For more information about graduation please visit the Graduation Information page.  If you have further questions regarding your academic record, or graduation requirements, please email registrar@tesu.edu or call 609-777-5680 for assistance. Thank you and best of luck in your final TESU courses!

Smile Yo! Call them quickly and get it done! See your number 4!
Determine if you have met any required credit hour residency for your enrollment. If you are opting to pay the residency waiver fee, contact the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609-984-4099 to coordinate your payment.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,009 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,132 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,746 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore