Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU | Your tuition plan is $1422 per course and $474 per credit.
Hi All,

Some of the members mentioned tuition cost is around 1200$ if we apply SDC discount.

When I checked with TESU, here is the reply. 

----------------
You are already receiving a discount since you are corporate choice. Your tuition plan is $1422 per course and $474 per credit. The normal out-of-state tuition plan is $509 per credit.
Enrolled Student Solutions Center
-----------------------

My second transcript from ACE contains 2 SDC courses but they didn't accept it, therefore, I requested SDC to send it and it was delivered. 

How to request TESU to apply SDC discount. 
------------------

You need to send the transcript from SDC.
Login to SDC > My courses > Click on Request Transcript > Choose TESU > Go through remaining steps.
screenshot. https://i.gyazo.com/c026bd9e415f2f20c162...491a9b.png
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • akr680
(10-18-2019, 10:47 PM)akr680 Wrote: Hi All,

Some of the members mentioned tuition cost is around 1200$ if we apply SDC discount.

----------------
You are already receiving a discount since you are corporate choice. Your tuition plan is $1422 per course and $474 per credit. The normal out-of-state tuition plan is $509 per credit.
-----------------------

My second transcript from ACE contains 2 SDC courses but they didn't accept it, therefore, I requested SDC to send it and it was delivered. 

I'm not sure this Study.com/TESU Tuition and Fees web page has been fully updated since it still shows the 10% rw fee discount, but it is showing 2019-2020 per credit tuition for Study.com students to have in-state tuition of $379/per credit. It looks like they quoted you a 5% discount on out-of-state tuition for some reason. 

I thought corporate choice was the discount they applied for SDC students at TESU. Since your SDC transcript has been delivered, I would contact Advising and make sure they have applied the SDC Tuition Discount with in-state-tuition since they are quoting you out-of-state tuition. If you also reference the Study.com Special Tuition Discounts, it shows the in-state tuition as being a benefit too. So, hopefully they did not also remove the in-state tuition discount benefit.
[-] The following 2 users Like shadowgem's post:
  • akr680, BrighterFuture88
(10-19-2019, 12:32 AM)shadowgem Wrote:
(10-18-2019, 10:47 PM)akr680 Wrote: Hi All,

----------------
-----------------------

I'm not sure this Study.com/TESU Tuition and Fees web page has been fully updated since it still shows the 10% rw fee discount, but it is showing 2019-2020 per credit tuition for Study.com students to have in-state tuition of $379/per credit. It looks like they quoted you a 5% discount on out-of-state tuition for some reason. 

I thought corporate choice was the discount they applied for SDC students at TESU. Since your SDC transcript has been delivered, I would contact Advising and make sure they have applied the SDC Tuition Discount with in-state-tuition since they are quoting you out-of-state tuition. If you also reference the Study.com Special Tuition Discounts, it shows the in-state tuition as being a benefit too. So, hopefully they did not also remove the in-state tuition discount benefit.

Response from TESU:
------------------------------------------------------------------
You are already receiving a discount since you are a corporate choice. Your tuition plan is $1422 per course and $474 per credit. The normal out-of-state tuition plan is $509 per credit. You're out-of-state so this discount of in-state tuition does not apply to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

For some reason, TESU is not applying SDC discount. I think it would be very costly to complete at TESU.
------------------

There's an error, you need to get the Study.com courses sent over and applied to your eval, and then they'll fix it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
Make it clear that you're not sure which 'corporate choice' plan they're talking about (maybe you choose something in error when you applied) - and make it clear that you want to be on the Study.com plan (of course they will have had to have received the transcript from Study.com prior to you requesting this)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • akr680
When I applied I used EdAssist code through my spouse company.

I did send the SDC transcript and it was delivered 10 days back but yet to evaluated.

I will ask them again to include it.

Thank you for the support.
------------------

Sounds like they have you under another corporate partner program. Explain that you should be under the Study.com partner program and that they have received an SDC transcript as verification that you are waiting for them to evaluate.

From TESU website
Quote:Are there any special tuition discounts at Thomas Edison State University that I am eligible for?

Yes. Study.com students can save on TESU tuition in the following ways:
  • Tuition reduction on in-state pricing for both Per-Credit ($379 /credit)

• In-state pricing for the Residency Fee Waiver ($2,800)

I would reply back and cite the TESU page for Study.com students, and explain that this is why in-state tuition does apply to you. It is a benefit for Study.com students and clearly listed on the SDC partnership with TESU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • akr680
Thanks all!!

Case resolved: Your account has been updated so you are connected to the study.com affiliation.
------------------

[-] The following 2 users Like akr680's post:
  • allvia, shadowgem
(10-22-2019, 01:27 PM)akr680 Wrote: Thanks all!!

Case resolved: Your account has been updated so you are connected to the study.com affiliation.

Glad to hear you were able to get that sorted out Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • akr680

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 175 Yesterday, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 240 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 212 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 254 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,500 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 361 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy