Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU and Study.com - Advising appt Nov 2, 2021
I had an advising appointment on November 2, 2021 and received the following information about my transfer credits from study.com and their equivalencies to TESU courses, some of which matches what I've found online, but some doesn't, so I figured I should share. 

Of course, the Info Lit and Capstone courses have to be completed in residence. 

TESU MAN-415 Change Management = no SDC equivalent

TESU MAN-425 Advanced Organizational Management = no SDC equivalent

Civics: SDC POS-110 Am Gov/Poli Sci does not work for TESU Civics

PSY-360 Org Theory at TESU is fulfilled by SDC BUS-323

PSY-363 Industrial Psychology is fulfilled by SDC PSY-301 Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Hey! Congrats on your first post! Thanks for sharing this information! Question for you, are you looking into the BSOL at TESU? My suggestion is to go for the BSBA HRM/OM instead. If you want an extra certificate, you can get certificate in Organizational Leadership en route to the Bachelors as all the courses required are available through alternative credit options...

There are reasons for a BSBA vs a BSOL at TESU, 1) BSBA has programmatic/secondary ACBSP accreditation 2) Alternative credit friendly 3) Cost effective, Easier to obtain, Less time consuming. If it was for myself, my suggestion is to ladder up and complete the WGU MSML or UMASS MAOL with the energy, money, time you save with the BSBA vs the BSOL...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • schlocker
(11-15-2021, 02:42 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey! Congrats on your first post! Thanks for sharing this information! Question for you, are you looking into the BSOL at TESU?  My suggestion is to go for the BSBA HRM/OM instead.  If you want an extra certificate, you can get certificate in Organizational Leadership en route to the Bachelors as all the courses required are available through alternative credit options...

Hi! Thanks for responding. 

Actually, I'm getting my AB Bus Admin and BALS HRM at the end of March - the mess of credits I've accumulated over 20 years best fits to that program. 

I'm looking at Purdue Global or UMass Global as soon as I can after that, for a Master's in HR/OL/whatever is balanced with fast/easy/cheap. Any advice/experience is very welcome!
I made the same mistake with American Government. The good news is that if you finished the Study version, the InstantCertCredit version is very similar and you should be able to complete it much faster.
Thank you for sharing recent info. Stuff changes so it's good to hear.

I'm curious. When did you finish the SDC Industrial Psychology course? I remember it changing from upper level to lower level either late in 2020 or early in 2021 depending when it was completed. But can't find that thread right now. That would be awesome if it has shifted back to upper level even if the SDC -TESU equivalency chart still shows it as lower level https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

and yep, that's right about the american gov't course. The TESU course equivalency number shifted within the last year or so and it was speculated and later confirmed that it meant it wasn't going to be part of Civics requirement. As far as I know, the SDC POL 103 Comparative Politics is still showing as working for the Civics as it still transfers to tesu as POL 282 (or use the InstantCert government course as was mentioned)
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(11-15-2021, 07:50 AM)P226mem Wrote: I'm curious. When did you finish the SDC Industrial Psychology course? 

As far as I know, the SDC POL 103 Comparative Politics is still showing as working for the Civics as it still transfers to tesu as POL 282  (or use the InstantCert government course as was mentioned)

I finished SDC 301 in the past three months.

The person I talked to did not know about the SDC POL103, or didn't offer it. I'm sure there's not a lot of benefit for them to offer study.com when they could offer their own courses. Thank you for that. I'll definitely research it- the SDC format really works for my fully ADHD brain Smile

(11-15-2021, 06:54 AM)utility Wrote: ...the InstantCertCredit version is very similar and you should be able to complete it much faster.

Oh, I didn't know about that. I understand the Instacert courses are inexpensive, too. I'll definitely look into it. Thank you!
SDC's PSY 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology now comes in as PSY-163, but it will fulfill an I/O requirement, it just won't be UL.

And TESU will never volunteer info about alt credits - they will answer your questions like "will this course work here?" or "how will this course come in?" but they will NOT say "no, that course doesn't work, but you could do this one instead." Their job is to get you to take their courses, not to help you find others.

But yes, you can do POLS 103: Comparative Politics, or ICC's American Govt for the Civic Engagement requirement.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-15-2021, 03:01 PM)AnnaAK Wrote: The person I talked to did not know about the SDC POL103, or didn't offer it. I'm sure there's not a lot of benefit for them to offer study.com when they could offer their own courses.

TESU advisors will not help you plan your degree. You are on your own doing that part. The only thing they will do is suggest what TESU courses fit your degree plan.

However, you can ask if specific courses will work with your degree plan and if you want the course added to your planned courses.

You need to email academicadvising@tesu.edu
Subject:  BA Liberal Studies Concentration Human Resources Course Approval  (List degree so that goes to the right person)

Will this Study.com course work for the Civic Engagement requirement for my degree plan?
Political Science 103: Comparative Politics

Your name,
Student Id:  "your number"

Send them an email and you should hear back within 24hrs.

We had multiple people earn a BSBA human resources degree.  Not sure if for some reason you couldn't do it with the BALS.  You could do flat-rate tuition and take some human resources courses at TESU if you had to.  Though at some point, it would probably be worth it to just switch to a BSBA degree.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
We had multiple people earn a BSBA human resources degree.  Not sure if for some reason you couldn't do it with the BALS.  You could do flat-rate tuition and take some human resources courses at TESU if you had to.  Though at some point, it would probably be worth it to just switch to a BSBA degree.

Thank you.  I'm not having issues getting the credits - I've got more than enough ‐ just trying to cram them all into a degree and finally finish. 

I did use your suggested email to confirm the last few SDC credits will close out everything and allow me to register for the capstone. I appreciate it.
My advice to people wanting to know what TESU classes fit where.

Step #1 Check the Wiki. 
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:TESU
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan  (your degree)

If need more information, then
Step #2 Ask DF forum members.

If still need more information or want to confirm information, then
Step #3 Ask TESU Advising by emailing them. 

Don't be afraid to ask for help.  This stuff is complicated even for us people that been through the process!

Here are my suggestions for Study.com equivalents:
For MAN-331 Human Resources Management
Business 106: Human Resource Management
Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management

For MAN-415 Change Management
Business 304: Leading Organizational Change

For MAN-425 Advanced Organizational Management
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management

For MAN-311 Organizational Behavior
Business 107: Organizational Behavior
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior

PSY-360 Org Theory and PSY-363 Industrial Psychology you already know.

I threw in a couple of LL because you only need 5UL courses so if they accept 1 LL, then less work to do. Worth a try.

Let us know how the mapping goes for Human Resource Management Concentration.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy