Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU changes to the approved providers list?
What's going on here? Where's study.com? 

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory

https://web.archive.org/web/202008091114...-directory
Considering they ended their partnership in 2020, that's a bit worrying.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It seems the direction may make getting UL credits much more difficult.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(11-07-2020, 10:35 AM)cerich67 Wrote: It seems the direction may make getting UL credits much more difficult.

I came to the same conclusion. A trend in the wrong direction. Too bad!
(11-07-2020, 10:35 AM)cerich67 Wrote: It seems the direction may make getting UL credits much more difficult.

I wonder how this will work if we had courses from SDC already approved on our degree plan?  I had courses approved in September?  I asked then about SDC not being on the list, and the only answer I got was that just because it isn't there doesn't mean it's not approved??  Odd, but true.
(11-07-2020, 09:35 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote:

I wonder how this will work if we had courses from SDC already approved on our degree plan?  I had courses approved in September?  I asked then about SDC not being on the list, and the only answer I got was that just because it isn't there doesn't mean it's not approved??  Odd, but true.
What study. Com says about this?
They should know too.
Is it wasted time and money at this point?
If it won't transfer to Thomas Edison.
EVERYONE KEEP CALM AND KEEP WORKING TOWARDS YOUR DEGREE... oh wait, my caps lock was on, anyways... yeah, what I just typed, Study.com should still be FINE, just don't let this missing item be causing you grief... and in other news, just use the ACE Transcripts for now if you have items in ACE, that system ISN"T dead yet, it's available for getting new courses up to the end of October into your school of choice. I would spend that $15 for peace of mind...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-07-2020, 10:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: EVERYONE KEEP CALM AND KEEP WORKING TOWARDS YOUR DEGREE... oh wait, my caps lock was on, anyways... yeah, what I just typed, Study.com should still be FINE, just don't let this missing item be causing you grief... and in other news, just use the ACE Transcripts for now if you have items in ACE, that system ISN"T dead yet, it's available for getting new courses up to the end of October into your school of choice.  I would spend that $15 for peace of mind...

We just transferred courses (2 different sons) in from Study.com yesterday that were approved the same day, and I used only SDC not ACE.  So I know it is still working.
(11-07-2020, 10:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: EVERYONE KEEP CALM AND KEEP WORKING TOWARDS YOUR DEGREE... oh wait, my caps lock was on, anyways... yeah, what I just typed, Study.com should still be FINE, just don't let this missing item be causing you grief... and in other news, just use the ACE Transcripts for now if you have items in ACE, that system ISN"T dead yet, it's available for getting new courses up to the end of October into your school of choice.  I would spend that $15 for peace of mind...
October is over. Can they still be transferred?
(Referring to ACE only)
Yes, Yahoo! Anyone who wants to get their ACE transcripts can do so the old fashion way for $15 until the end of November. I mean, that will only show updates until the end of October. Any newer courses after October will come into the new Acclaim Credly system... So don’t worry, be happy, keep calm, keep plugging along...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • crotique

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 276 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,788 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,047 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 947 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 671 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Some Newly ACE Approved Courses MNomadic 30 4,224 10-20-2023, 01:55 PM
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,382 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 858 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 700 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,174 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM