Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU changes to the approved providers list?
(11-10-2020, 02:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:58 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: As of right now, SDC is still accepted. That may change next year. It may not. If you stick to an associate's degree and it changes, you're stuck. On the other hand, if you focus on UL credit at SDC, you can get your UL credits done by Jan 1st. With LL credits being much easier to get, it makes sense to fill out the UL credits as soon as you can. You can always use UL credits to get an associate's degree but you can't get a bachelor's degree solely with LL credits.
I don't get it, how am I stuck if I graduate with the associate degree?

SDC is the cheapest way to get alternative UL credits. If TESU drops them, it will be almost impossible to get a degree from TESU. I think you might be able to scrape together a generic BALS with UL credits from Coopersmith and Davar but it's definitely a lot easier if you use SDC.

And you can't just take your associate's to COSC or Excelsior and get a degree that way. Excelsior accepts fewer courses than TESU does and COSC has the requirement for 24 RA credits. An associate's from TESU won't matter with them if you got most of the credits through alternate sources and/or sources that they no longer approve of.
But if UL are usually 5 courses, and residency is about same price as 5 courses, one can take the last ones at the college?
(11-10-2020, 04:29 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: As of right now, SDC is still accepted. That may change next year. It may not. If you stick to an associate's degree and it changes, you're stuck. On the other hand, if you focus on UL credit at SDC, you can get your UL credits done by Jan 1st. With LL credits being much easier to get, it makes sense to fill out the UL credits as soon as you can. You can always use UL credits to get an associate's degree but you can't get a bachelor's degree solely with LL credits.

SDC is the cheapest way to get alternative UL credits. If TESU drops them, it will be almost impossible to get a degree from TESU. I think you might be able to scrape together a generic BALS with UL credits from Coopersmith and Davar but it's definitely a lot easier if you use SDC.

And you can't just take your associate's to COSC or Excelsior and get a degree that way. Excelsior accepts fewer courses than TESU does and COSC has the requirement for 24 RA credits. An associate's from TESU won't matter with them if you got most of the credits through alternate sources and/or sources that they no longer approve of.
But if UL are usually 5 courses, and residency is about same price as 5 courses, one can take the last ones at the college?

You can but they are expensive. Far more than Study.com.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rachel83az
(11-10-2020, 04:47 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Agree, but for those going to TESU they can't avoid residency fee so either way $3k are spent or am I missing something?

Is there a capstone waiver? How to get that?
(11-10-2020, 05:01 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:58 PM)Seagull Wrote: I don't get it, how am I stuck if I graduate with the associate degree?

Agree, but for those going to TESU they can't avoid residency fee so either way $3k are spent or am I missing something?

There is no capstone waiver. The residency fee is more than $3,000. Out of state tuition is $519 per credit. There is the flat rate tuition if you take 9 credits in a semester, but that's over $4,000. 

15 credits X $519 = $7,785
(11-10-2020, 05:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 05:01 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 04:29 PM)Seagullgoto Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 02:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote: SDC is the cheapest way to get alternative UL credits. If TESU drops them, it will be almost impossible to get a degree from TESU. I think you might be able to scrape together a generic BALS with UL credits from Coopersmith and Davar but it's definitely a lot easier if you use SDC.

There is no capstone waiver. The residency fee is more than $3,000. Out of state tuition is $519 per credit. There is the flat rate tuition if you take 9 credits in a semester, but that's over $4,000. 

15 credits X $519 = $7,785
got it, so capstone and information literacy and a couple more courses will do.
Question ? If you’re planning on taking study.com courses as part of pursuing a tesu degree is there a benefit to listing study.com as a partner during the application processs ? Does it matter if you don’t ?
(11-11-2020, 10:47 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Question ? If you’re planning on taking study.com courses as part of  pursuing a tesu degree is there a benefit to listing study.com as a partner during the application processs ? Does it matter if you don’t ?
I believe in another thread, it says, TESU is not giving discount on residency for being subscribed at study.com; looks lile that was the only perk. As far as I can tell, unless there are otjer benefits. Thats the only one i know of.
(11-11-2020, 10:47 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Question ? If you’re planning on taking study.com courses as part of  pursuing a tesu degree is there a benefit to listing study.com as a partner during the application processs ? Does it matter if you don’t ?

Not any longer, unfortunately.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 354 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,116 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,036 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 694 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Some Newly ACE Approved Courses MNomadic 30 4,283 10-20-2023, 01:55 PM
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,406 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 874 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 710 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,193 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM