Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU dialed in plan
Hi degree forum, It's been a while, but I have dialed in my plan and knocked out some more courses. I am just looking for some reaffirmation on my degree plan and to get some more answers. I have applied to TESU in May 2018, but not taken any courses with TESU yet. (which I believe is what I need to do to actually enroll) I have been reading that the waiver for the cornerstone is not around anymore with the SDC affiliation, is this something I need to add to my degree plan. I have attached my degree plan, containing all the courses I plan to take except for the UL courses, that I plan to take with SDC (unsure of what ones to take, open to recommendations). I have applied for the SDC guardian scholarship, but still waiting for a reply.

I have done a lot of research on this forum to make sure all my courses will fit into my degree, but I very well may have some things wrong, so please correct me if so.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BALS PROGRESS.xlsx (Size: 45.8 KB / Downloads: 55)
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-18-2018, 01:18 AM)coldseal Wrote: Hi degree forum, It's been a while, but I have dialed in my plan and knocked out some more courses. I am just looking for some reaffirmation on my degree plan and to get some more answers. I have applied to TESU in May 2018, but not taken any courses with TESU yet. (which I believe is what I need to do to actually enroll) I have been reading that the waiver for the cornerstone is not around anymore with the SDC affiliation, is this something I need to add to my degree plan. I have attached my degree plan, containing all the courses I plan to take except for the UL courses, that I plan to take with SDC (unsure of what ones to take, open to recommendations). I have applied for the SDC guardian scholarship, but still waiting for a reply.

I have done a lot of research on this forum to make sure all my courses will fit into my degree, but I very well may have some things wrong, so please correct me if so.

I can't help with the BALS, but I thought I'd let you know that the Guardian Scholarship is no more.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Unfortunately, SDC guardian scholarship is no more.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
What’s SDC Guardian scholarship?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(11-18-2018, 04:09 AM)Supermind Wrote: What’s SDC Guardian scholarship?

It was a way to get 6 free courses from Study.com, but the program ended several months back.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
I did not know the SDC scholarship was not offered anymore. That's fine, I will sign up with SDC soon, am I going to need to take the cornerstone at TESU now that it is not waived anymore?
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-18-2018, 02:01 PM)coldseal Wrote: I did not know the SDC scholarship was not offered anymore. That's fine, I will sign up with SDC soon, am I going to need to take the cornerstone at TESU now that it is not waived anymore?
Correct. Going forward, everyone (who didn't get it waived) needs the cornerstone. Some time next year, they are changing the cornerstone to a different 3 credit course(more expensive).
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • coldseal
(11-18-2018, 02:17 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 02:01 PM)coldseal Wrote: I did not know the SDC scholarship was not offered anymore. That's fine, I will sign up with SDC soon, am I going to need to take the cornerstone at TESU now that it is not waived anymore?

Correct. Going forward, everyone (who didn't get it waived) needs the cornerstone. Some time next year, they are changing the cornerstone to a different 3 credit course(more expensive).

The Cornerstone requirement changes to SOS-110 on July 1st, so make sure to take the Cornerstone before the end of June. However, it sounds the existing Cornerstone may also be offered as well, but less often.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • coldseal, suzycupcake
Here are the problems I see:
1) Add TESU's cornerstone to the GE Electives area, it's 1cr, $300 - required
2) Pharmacology was never a Bio course before, double-check that
3) You can't have more than 6cr of 100-level courses in the AOS, so switch some things around - move your 200-level BIO courses from GE Electives to the AOS, and move the 100-level AOS courses to GE Electives
4) Move Microbiology to the UL AOS
5) Some of the courses have old equivalencies that won't count that way any longer, I don't think. TEEX, Sophia for sure.
6) Make sure the following courses stay down in Free Electives: Cybesecurity for Everyone, Cybesecurity for IT Professionals, Q0118 - Community Safety Educators, Developing Effective Teams, Principles of Management, Business Law, Accounting I & II, Medical Terminology
7) The residency waiver fee is $2,200.
8) Don't forget to delete the credits taken from the needed column, so that your credits always add up to 120+. Otherwise, you may miss something when you're moving courses around.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • coldseal, suzycupcake
(11-18-2018, 06:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here are the problems I see:
1) Add TESU's cornerstone to the GE Electives area, it's 1cr, $300 - required
2) Pharmacology was never a Bio course before, double-check that
3) You can't have more than 6cr of 100-level courses in the AOS, so switch some things around - move your 200-level BIO courses from GE Electives to the AOS, and move the 100-level AOS courses to GE Electives
4) Move Microbiology to the UL AOS
5) Some of the courses have old equivalencies that won't count that way any longer, I don't think.  TEEX, Sophia for sure.
6) Make sure the following courses stay down in Free Electives: Cybesecurity for Everyone, Cybesecurity for IT Professionals, Q0118 - Community Safety Educators, Developing Effective Teams, Principles of Management, Business Law, Accounting I & II, Medical Terminology
7) The residency waiver fee is $2,200.
8) Don't forget to delete the credits taken from the needed column, so that your credits always add up to 120+.  Otherwise, you may miss something when you're moving courses around.

Thank you for the detailed reply. Would the TEEX/Sophia courses still apply even after I have applied and had an academic evaluation with TESU in May 2018, the adviser applied them to my plan then. (i guess i will find out after I sign up for the capstone tomorrow and get another evaluation) And for the Pharmacology course, the SL website says it transfers to TESU as BIO-203 (could be wrong i suppose).
TESU - BALS 114/120

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 341 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 196 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 414 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 216 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 344 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 634 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts