Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU dialed in plan
[/quote]

Can I ask what equivalencies have changed with Sophia that you know of? I have a degree plan that you put together for someone else for TESU's BSBA-CIS. I later plan on getting a BSBA-CIS as well after my ASBA. In the plan you have Sophia's "Essentials of Managing Conflict" in the Gen Ed Electives and not the Free Electives. You have Sophia's "Developing Effective Teams" in the Free Electives. 

Now both of Sophia's 2 Free Classes would all map to Free Electives? TEEX will still end up in the Free Electives as well? Thanks.
[/quote]

No, what dfrecore is referring to is that the TEEX and Sophia courses all have lower-level equivalencies now. The plan the OP uploaded listed the courses with their old upper-level equivalencies which are no longer valid.
[/quote]

Is it possible to apply the Sophia courses somewhere other than in Free electives?
Working on TESU BSBA Operations Management. Graduating 2019
Courses (6cr): OPM 411, OPM 415
SDC (12cr): ENG 105, BUS 120, BUS 312, LIB 101
CLEP (12cr): Humanities, Natural Sciences
The Institutes (2cr): Ethics
Can I ask what equivalencies have changed with Sophia that you know of? I have a degree plan that you put together for someone else for TESU's BSBA-CIS. I later plan on getting a BSBA-CIS as well after my ASBA. In the plan you have Sophia's "Essentials of Managing Conflict" in the Gen Ed Electives and not the Free Electives. You have Sophia's "Developing Effective Teams" in the Free Electives. 

Now both of Sophia's 2 Free Classes would all map to Free Electives? TEEX will still end up in the Free Electives as well? Thanks.
[/quote]

No, what dfrecore is referring to is that the TEEX and Sophia courses all have lower-level equivalencies now. The plan the OP uploaded listed the courses with their old upper-level equivalencies which are no longer valid.
[/quote]

Is it possible to apply the Sophia courses somewhere other than in Free electives?
[/quote]

Sophia's Developing Effective Teams >>HRM-299, is not GE, but may work in BSBA AOS depending on which degree you are getting

Sophia's The Essentials of Managing Conflict >>SOS-240, is a GE
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Does anyone know if Managerial Accounting - ACC150 from SL that transfers to TESU as Cost Accounting - ACC-303 is able to be applied to BALS UL as a math course?

Also, I plan on taking English comp 1 and 2 through SDC, as I have read its more manageable than SL. Does anyone have recommendation for what course/provider to use for Oral Comms?
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-28-2018, 11:51 PM)coldseal Wrote: Does anyone know if Managerial Accounting - ACC150 from SL that transfers to TESU as Cost Accounting - ACC-303 is able to be applied to BALS UL as a math course?

Also, I plan on taking English comp 1 and 2 through SDC, as I have read its more manageable than SL. Does anyone have recommendation for what course/provider to use for Oral Comms?

No on the accounting course, it's a free elective if you're not going to use it in a BSBA.  It would never come in as math, at any school.

For Oral Comm, if you're going to do Study.com anyway, take COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Work Place.  Shortest, fastest option there is, unless you want to test out with the DSST.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-29-2018, 12:38 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-28-2018, 11:51 PM)coldseal Wrote: Does anyone know if Managerial Accounting - ACC150 from SL that transfers to TESU as Cost Accounting - ACC-303 is able to be applied to BALS UL as a math course?

No on the accounting course, it's a free elective if you're not going to use it in a BSBA.  It would never come in as math, at any school.

For Oral Comm, if you're going to do Study.com anyway, take COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Work Place.  Shortest, fastest option there is, unless you want to test out with the DSST.

Awesome thank you very much. To finish out my BALS plan with TESU, I just need to decide on 5 UL courses. Attached is an updated excel sheet of my courses. The only course I am unsure of fitting is the Introduction to Criminal Justice AOJ-102 in the Gen Ed Electives section. (On the SL website the course is listed in the Humanities section)

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BALS PROGRESS.xlsx (Size: 46.47 KB / Downloads: 15)
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-29-2018, 01:16 AM)coldseal Wrote: Awesome thank you very much. To finish out my BALS plan with TESU, I just need to decide on 5 UL courses. Attached is an updated excel sheet of my courses. The only course I am unsure of fitting is the Introduction to Criminal Justice AOJ-102 in the Gen Ed Electives section. (On the SL website the course is listed in the Humanities section)

Yes, Intro to CJ will work in GE.
coldseal Wrote:I am going for BALS. The reason for the business like courses in my plan is because I wanted to utilize SL for my credits, and I am also currently self employed and enjoy business knowledge. As for my budget/timeline, ideally I would like to do it as affordable as possible, but I would also like to have the degree done within a year.

I was unable to find the template you are talking about, but I did find your "My degree plan!" file. And the example plans on the new wiki page.

I just saw your new updated template. You're taking several BIO courses, are you going for an ASNSM Biology or something? If so, you're just missing one course Bio II+Lab, you can get it cheap at NMJC. If not, there are other interesting courses from StraighterLine that I would recommend over those sciences such as Sociology, it was a fun course for me.

For Study.com, I would recommend taking the Library Science 101 course and move that into the Info Lit requirement. The reason is, this course along with the Oral Comm can be completed in just one day for both courses. You can move that Intro to Religon course into the GE or Free Electives.

Are you taking Microeconomics or Personal Finance? If you want, you can replace either with Religion, if you want to replace both, you can do so by taking SL Intro to Sociology as well. You want to also plan some space left for Study.com LL courses that overlap with the UL ones.

To elaborate in regards to Study.com, I highly recommend you take at least a LL/UL combo, the reason is overlap. For example, HIS 108/308 Vietnam War, if you took the LL course, over half of the UL course was completed, you would need to work on a few more quizzes and the assignments. I did this with a few courses, such as my most recent CS Operating Systems 105/305. In essence, overlapping courses save you the time and is easier by skipping the bulk of the quizzes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-29-2018, 01:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
coldseal Wrote:I am going for BALS. The reason for the business like courses in my plan is because I wanted to utilize SL for my credits, and I am also currently self employed and enjoy business knowledge. As for my budget/timeline, ideally I would like to do it as affordable as possible, but I would also like to have the degree done within a year.

I was unable to find the template you are talking about, but I did find your "My degree plan!" file. And the example plans on the new wiki page.

I just saw your new updated template.  You're taking several BIO courses, are you going for an ASNSM Biology or something?  If so, you're just missing one course Bio II+Lab, you can get it cheap at NMJC.  If not, there are other interesting courses from StraighterLine that I would recommend over those sciences such as Sociology, it was a fun course for me.  

For Study.com, I would recommend taking the Library Science 101 course and move that into the Info Lit requirement.  The reason is, this course along with the Oral Comm can be completed in just one day for both courses.  You can move that Intro to Religon course into the GE or Free Electives.

Are you taking Microeconomics or Personal Finance?  If you want, you can replace either with Religion, if you want to replace both, you can do so by taking SL Intro to Sociology as well.  You want to also plan some space left for Study.com LL courses that overlap with the UL ones.

To elaborate in regards to Study.com, I highly recommend you take at least a LL/UL combo, the reason is overlap.  For example, HIS 108/308 Vietnam War, if you took the LL course, over half of the UL course was completed, you would need to work on a few more quizzes and the assignments.  I did this with a few courses, such as my most recent CS Operating Systems 105/305.  In essence, overlapping courses save you the time and is easier by skipping the bulk of the quizzes.

Thanks for the info, I did not know Study.com courses overlapped like that. The reason for the BIO courses is purely because of the price to get the credits and I enjoy the ease of use with StraighterLine. I am taking both Microeconomics and Personal Finance through SL. I have not tried Study.com yet so I am unsure of the way courses are delivered. I will consider doing a LL/UL combo to overlap with them, especially since I will be using Study.com really soon anyways.
TESU - BALS 114/120
(11-29-2018, 01:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For example, HIS 108/308 Vietnam War, if you took the LL course, over half of the UL course was completed, you would need to work on a few more quizzes and the assignments. I did this with a few courses, such as my most recent CS Operating Systems 105/305. In essence, overlapping courses save you the time and is easier by skipping the bulk of the quizzes.

For this particular combo, I took the UL first and then only had 1-2 quizzes left for the LL version. For the Civil War ones, there were probably 10 left in the LL class once I completed the UL.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
What instructor do you have for the January capstone? I was thinking of doing it then as well.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 70 Yesterday, 11:43 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 76 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 70 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 122 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 624 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 249 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 253 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 205 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 376 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM