Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU & edX
Hi,

I wasn't able to find anything in my search for this so I hope someone can clear something up for me. Does TESU accept verified courses from edX? I'm thinking about following the verified track for Introduction to C# and just wanted to know if that will count toward my credits.

Thank you,

**Also, does anyone have any pro tips on how to search the forums better? There are a lot of 3-character acronyms on this forum that I can't seem to search for.
If the Edx courses are certified by ACE (American Council for Education) for college credit, then TESU might accept those courses. Even then, it is not a guarantee. Not sure if there are ACE credit-eligible courses on Edx?

This link might be helpful for you: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory

This is a list of course providers whose courses are approved by TESU for credits. However, even with these courses, you have to get them pre-approved with your academic advisor at TESU.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • akr680
I would have said no, except that recently I found an example of a state university here in NC that DOES accept some edX courses, so while I can't say for sure that TESU has started doing this, I'm in the camp of "maybe" and also to add that I think it's worth asking them directly. Here is the local college here that is taking specific edX
courses- they accept 3 math courses. Though it doesn't say that they must be verified, I would assume as much.

https://www.uncfsu.edu/assets/Documents/...5-7-19.pdf

These 3 courses are NOT ACE evaluated.

It's worth also adding that Arizona State University accepts edX courses as part of their Earned Admissions Program (formally called Global Freshman Academy) but they specifically don't accept ACE credit -making this program not nearly as good as it sounds at first blush because it ends up being very expensive and not easy to bring in a lot of alternative credit.
It's a hard no. If some organization hasn't paid TESU to evaluate its non-collegiate courses for college credit, then TESU requires ACE/NCCRS recommendations or regional accreditation.

If you can get the credits on a regionally accredited college's transcript that hides the source of the course, then TESU won't know where it came from. If the RA school treats the edX course as transfer credits, then the origin will be noted on the transcript, and TESU won't accept it.

Even though TESU is supposed to have some kind of agreement with Excelsior, COSC, and a couple of other schools to accept their evaluations of non-collegiate credentials, TESU specifically told me that they will not accept the edX courses that COSC accepts because they are not included in the agreement.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • Nixi
(06-09-2019, 11:47 AM)cookderosa Wrote: I would have said no, except that recently I found an example of a state university here in NC that DOES accept some edX courses, so while I can't say for sure that TESU has started doing this, I'm in the camp of "maybe" and also to add that I think it's worth asking them directly.  Here is the local college here that is taking specific edX
courses- they accept 3 math courses.  Though it doesn't say that they must be verified, I would assume as much.

It's worth also adding that Arizona State University accepts edX courses as part of their Earned Admissions Program (formally called Global Freshman Academy) but they specifically don't accept ACE credit -making this program not nearly as good as it sounds at first blush because it ends up being very expensive and not easy to bring in a lot of alternative credit.
Those 3 edx math courses were formerly ACE approved under the alternative credit project ecosystem.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Nixi
Yes. I took two of the differential equations courses, but just couldn't pull off the third. These were part of the alternative credit project ecosystem and expired. They had to be taken at a specific time. This is a vestigial listing and nothing new.
(06-09-2019, 12:05 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(06-09-2019, 11:47 AM)cookderosa Wrote: I would have said no, except that recently I found an example of a state university here in NC that DOES accept some edX courses, so while I can't say for sure that TESU has started doing this, I'm in the camp of "maybe" and also to add that I think it's worth asking them directly.  Here is the local college here that is taking specific edX
courses- they accept 3 math courses.  Though it doesn't say that they must be verified, I would assume as much.

Those 3 edx math courses were formerly ACE approved under the alternative credit project ecosystem.

Ahhhhh that explains some things. Since ACP has shut down, and I can't find it in the current ACE database, it's going to be hard to make a case for current acceptance. Note that Fayetteville State University (college linked above) published that list for THIS SEMESTER so they are still accepting the credit, but in this case, it's unlikely to work for transfer.
Well, the problem is that it is not possible to take the classes on edX. These courses ran at specific times and had teaching assistants. It is not possible to access the courses now on edX and, of course, there are no teaching assistants, etc. So, it is irrelevant that they are on this list. If they were taken when it was possible to take them, they would be ACE eligible. It wasn't and is not possible to take them when they were not ACE eligible, so this list means nothing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • cookderosa
Thank you for the information!

Can anyone recommend a course that will satisfy the programming requirement for TESU?

Thank you,
(06-09-2019, 02:20 PM)xrep08 Wrote: Thank you for the information!

Can anyone recommend a course that will satisfy the programming requirement for TESU?

Thank you,
Straighterline: c++ 

SDC : programming in c
Programming in c++
Programming in java
Programming in python
Introduction to programming
Database programming (?)

Onlinedegree.com: intro programming(python)

Csu global cbe: Basic Programming
ITS320S (3 credits)

Excelsior Uexcel exams: introduction to computer programming using java

Those are the main ones I know of. You would have to double check which one would fit your program's requirements.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 771 6 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 266 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,164 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch