Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU enrollment question
Hey guys,
Sorry for the bog down I have a question about student status, I'm about to sign up for the strat man. Tecep 45/50 people 5 people remaining, and I was reading through the stuff at the top of the page and became confused about my student status. This is what it says,

* If your student status is Non Matriculated(NJNON/OSNON), Inactive(NJIAC/OSIAC), or Leave of Absence(NJLOA/OSLOA),be aware that you are not currently an enrolled Thomas Edison State University student and are not currently pursuing any degree plan at the University. You may register for course(s) but it will be as a non-enrolled student. If you wish to pursue a degree and enroll in the University, please contact the Learner Support Center at 888-442-8372 or lsc@tesu.edu to update your status.

* If your student status shows as applicant(NJAPP/OSAPP)and you register for a course you will become enrolled in the Per Credit Tuition Plan. As of the 10th day of the term, you will officially become an enrolled student at Thomas Edison State University.

I am showing as a OSAPP non-NJ applicant, which of these would I fall under?
Would taking the TECEP automatically enroll me?
TESC BSBA Gen. management
15/120
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra Done!, College Algebra Done!, Intro to stats Done!
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone Done!, Cyber Security for IT professionals Done! Cyber Security for Business Professionals Done!
Straighter Line:
Study.com:
The Institues: Ethics In Progress
ed4online:
TECEP:Strategic Management In progress
You fall under the OSAPP - Out of State APPlicant, and the TECEP will enroll you, but you will need to pass it to remain enrolled.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Ah got ya, thanks for clearing it up
15/120
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone Done!, Cyber Security for IT professionals Done! Cyber Security for Business Professionals Done!
Straighter Line:
Study.com:
ed4online:
Scryer Wrote:Hey guys,
Sorry for the bog down I have a question about student status, I'm about to sign up for the strat man. Tecep 45/50 people 5 people remaining, and I was reading through the stuff at the top of the page and became confused about my student status.

45/50 actually means there is 45 spots left open. "Available/ Capacity" the first time I went into this I though the same thing too, but just didn't want people who see this post later think the April one is almost full already. as of this post its at 44/50 so a lot of room left
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I actually have a couple more questions.

1.I have forgotten to submit my ACE transcripts for my primary evaluation how do I go about submitting it now?

2. This involves the cornerstone I can't really afford the TECEP and cornerstone that's 414 bucks I don't have at the moment (stupid IRS) is there anyway to remove the cornerstone and register it at a later date?
15/120
Straighter Line:
Study.com:
ed4online:
Scryer Wrote:I actually have a couple more questions.

1.I have forgotten to submit my ACE transcripts for my primary evaluation how do I go about submitting it now?

2. This involves the cornerstone I can't really afford the TECEP and cornerstone that's 414 bucks I don't have at the moment (stupid IRS) is there anyway to remove the cornerstone and register it at a later date?

I have heard you can just pay the $114 for the tecep and be able to take it and just leave the cornerstone there in limbo. Also it doesn't look like you have a ton on your ace transcript yet so you may want to wait until you are done with ACE to prevent paying a second time for ACE? You best bet it to get enrolled and locked into the catalog year that you are working on so 16-17' you don't want to do a ton of work for them to change it in 17-18 and you need 3 different classes or something. Passing a TECEP or Cornerstone will start a year clock for you.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
If you take courses with study.com you can ask for affiliate member pricing (just email admissions) and they will add it to your application. It automatically waives the cornerstone. Also gives you a discount on tuition (except TECEPS) and a discount on the non-residency fee you have to pay at graduation.

You don't need to send your ACE transcript over unless you aren't sure what will transfer over. (You can always ask on this forum though and be directed without going through the school). I sent mine over after my initial evaluation just because I had a course from shmoop and none of us were sure if it was UL or not. Turns out I didn't need it anyway because I decided on a different concentration. But I could figure out what I had/needed just from the initial evaluation. Might as well save the money unless you want the peace of mind.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
There are two ways to waive the cornerstone. Transfer in 104 credits before enrollment, or use the Study.com affiliate pricing. Since your sig mentions Study.com, perhaps you're already signed up with them? If so, just email advising, ask for the Study.com pricing, and the cornerstone requirement will disappear.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,982 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,646 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,348 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore