TESU enrolment with TECEP rules
Thanks guys, locking this thing in Wink, took computer concept for march

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(02-09-2019, 09:08 AM)posabsolute Wrote: I used to think you must pass the tecep to get enrolment status, am I wrong?

Being 3 courses away from the BACS I would like to lock that in.

1. Can I do a tecep for a course I already transferred from SL?
2. Can I withdraw and stay enrolled?
3 can I fail and still be enrolled?

Thanks!

All you have to do is register for a TECEP to become enrolled. It doesn't matter if you pass or fail the actual test, or whether or not you actually complete the TECEP at all as far as I know. I registered for the medical terminology TECEP for September term, became officially enrolled 10 days after the start of the term, and then withdrew a month into the term (so no refund) and remained enrolled.

Of course, I ended up registering for my November term Capstone course a month later, so I don't know if they would have rescinded my enrollment after the term ended or not. But my guess is that they would not have. The TECEP is still listed on my transcript as a Withdraw.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I would do the Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP, since it will probably be the easiest for you.

Also, you can take a TECEP for something you already have credit for - TESU will bounce the old course out to "other" as a duplicate, and keep the TECEP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I need to enroll at TESU, but I'm still finishing up a few alternative credit courses, so I don't want to take a full course there yet. 

Does taking a TECEP still work to gain enrolled status at TESU?  Has anyone done this since March? 

Also, I noticed that the price seems to be $50 per lower level credit and $75 per upper level credit.  Link

Thanks.
(02-09-2019, 03:10 PM)allvia Wrote: Taking a TECEP is what keeps you enrolled and active with TESU.  It doesn't matter if you pass or fail it, it is taking it that matters.  Also a fail doesn't count against you - you just don't get credit for it. Of course even if you don't need the credit I recommend taking one that you think you have a chance of passing.

Don't you just have to pay for the test? You can register for Medical Terminoloy and just not take it, I thought.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(12-08-2019, 11:39 AM)ConqueringCollege Wrote: I need to enroll at TESU, but I'm still finishing up a few alternative credit courses, so I don't want to take a full course there yet. 

Does taking a TECEP still work to gain enrolled status at TESU?  Has anyone done this since March? 

Also, I noticed that the price seems to be $50 per lower level credit and $75 per upper level credit.  Link

Thanks.

I registered for Medical Terminology TECEP.  It cost $50 and there was no late fee.  My student status on TESU changed from applicant to enrolled on the tenth day of the term.  I have not taken the exam.
I understand registering for a TECEP moves you from applicant to enrolled status and locks in your calendar. Does it also give you additional academic evaluations?

I recently applied but my transcripts trickled in so I don't have a complete evaluation after the two they've already done. Would registering for a TECEP get me the third evaluation I need for a complete picture?

Thanks!
Yes, being enrolled gets you unlimited evaluations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ARhead's post:
  • ldmoose
(05-06-2020, 02:10 PM)ARhead Wrote: Yes, being enrolled gets you unlimited evaluations.

Great -- thanks for the info!
Merlin (or anyone else who's tried this) - you were able to stay enrolled by registering for the Medical Terminology TECEP?   I'm coming up on a year since my last class, so I emailed TESU 2 weeks ago and asked if I could do this.  The advisor came back and said that yes, I can use a TECEP to keep my enrollment status, but that I needed to choose something other than medical terminology as "it does not apply towards any open degree requirement".   Rather than risk my enrollment, I just registered for a regular class, but I'm so confused by TESU's response.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 732 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 270 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy