Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU graduation timing
(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)jb111 Wrote: Fingers crossed Merlin.  At least we are starting together and can share observations

I just received confirmation that my graduation audit is complete and I have been certified for March graduation. However, according to the email, March graduation is scheduled for March 15th, 2019. This means missing the cutoff for WGU, pushing the start date from April 1st to May 1st. Sad

The email said that TESU will issue official copies of the degree certification letter (for academic applications, jobs, etc.) if required, but as far as I know, WGU still will not accept anything but final transcripts. The earliest date that a transcript will be available (with the degree listed) will be March 16th.
Working On: Researching postgraduate degree options while awaiting BSBA conferral
Up Next: MBA-ITM or MSM @ WGU, then considering GA Tech OMSCS or a Ph.D.

BSBA in Computer Information Systems @ TESU (certified complete, graduate March 2019)
ASNSM in Computer Science @ TESU (certified complete, graduate March 2019)

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. Earned 92 credits over 10 months, with half of those earned in ~3 months)
Go ahead and order the transcripts, checking the box to send them after degree conferral. Hopefully that will get them there as early as possible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (in prog)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (in prog)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-07-2019, 11:59 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)jb111 Wrote: Fingers crossed Merlin.  At least we are starting together and can share observations

I just received confirmation that my graduation audit is complete and I have been certified for March graduation. However, according to the email, March graduation is scheduled for March 15th, 2019. This means missing the cutoff for WGU, pushing the start date from April 1st to May 1st. Sad

The email said that TESU will issue official copies of the degree certification letter (for academic applications, jobs, etc.) if required, but as far as I know, WGU still will not accept anything but final transcripts. The earliest date that a transcript will be available (with the degree listed) will be March 16th.

That's a bummer.  Can you get them transcripts now with all of your courses on there, the confirmation of the graduation audit, and then follow up with the final transcript after degree conferral?  It seems like if they had you 100% ready to go on April 1, but were just waiting for that single piece of paper but had everything else, they'd be happy to do it.  It's weird how much of stickler's they are on this.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(02-08-2019, 01:50 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 11:59 AM)Merlin Wrote:

That's a bummer.  Can you get them transcripts now with all of your courses on there, the confirmation of the graduation audit, and then follow up with the final transcript after degree conferral?  It seems like if they had you 100% ready to go on April 1, but were just waiting for that single piece of paper but had everything else, they'd be happy to do it.  It's weird how much of stickler's they are on this.

I was all set for an April 1st start date, but that assumed that WGU could pull my transcript no later than March 15th. They really want it by March 1st for an April 1st start, but they will accept it as late as March 15th, which coincides with the orientation date. From everything I've read, WGU is really adamant on having the final transcript in hand before anyone can begin orientation. I find that odd considering that a lot of traditional grad schools will allow for provisional acceptance assuming the transcript can be provided within the first 30 days.

I plan to chat with my admissions advisor again to see what can be done, but my guess is that I'm going to have to wait yet another 30 days.

I've been done with the capstone coursework for a few weeks now, so the wait to get this degree conferred is killing me. I really wanted to start (and complete) this masters degree while I still have the time, energy, and budget to focus on it. Waiting three months until May to start is going to put that in jeopardy time and finance wise, unless I can still manage to finish before the end of summer.

Of course, if I could figure out a way to start working ahead on the MBA ITM coursework so by the time May rolls around I'd have already read the materials and complete some of the written assignments, etc. that would help, but from what I've seen that is frowned upon, and they revised all the coursework recently anyway.
Working On: Researching postgraduate degree options while awaiting BSBA conferral
Up Next: MBA-ITM or MSM @ WGU, then considering GA Tech OMSCS or a Ph.D.

BSBA in Computer Information Systems @ TESU (certified complete, graduate March 2019)
ASNSM in Computer Science @ TESU (certified complete, graduate March 2019)

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. Earned 92 credits over 10 months, with half of those earned in ~3 months)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU February graduation ceremony Johmford 10 495 02-05-2019, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  Got accepted in upenn online mcit with my tesu bachelor posabsolute 13 1,600 10-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Coopersmith EDU-501; Does it transfer to TESU as graduate credit? eriehiker 2 572 01-19-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  WGU Grad - enroll before TESU BA degree conferred? CM1999 21 3,026 10-20-2017, 12:38 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  MBA at TESU MD_AJIBULU 1 352 03-29-2017, 03:34 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Could I go here after graduating TESU with no GPA? (Potential MBA CSU LB) TESUAbroad 6 455 03-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Last Post: TESUAbroad
  Difficulty or ease of Grad School options from TESU BA/BS experience? hoffdeb 14 1,378 02-01-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Graduate degree from TESU CGaboury 3 247 09-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU graduate school options brown2am 7 565 08-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Last Post: brown2am