Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU graduation timing
(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)jb111 Wrote: Fingers crossed Merlin.  At least we are starting together and can share observations

I just received confirmation that my graduation audit is complete and I have been certified for March graduation. However, according to the email, March graduation is scheduled for March 15th, 2019. This means missing the cutoff for WGU, pushing the start date from April 1st to May 1st. Sad

The email said that TESU will issue official copies of the degree certification letter (for academic applications, jobs, etc.) if required, but as far as I know, WGU still will not accept anything but final transcripts. The earliest date that a transcript will be available (with the degree listed) will be March 16th.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Go ahead and order the transcripts, checking the box to send them after degree conferral. Hopefully that will get them there as early as possible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-07-2019, 11:59 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)jb111 Wrote: Fingers crossed Merlin.  At least we are starting together and can share observations

I just received confirmation that my graduation audit is complete and I have been certified for March graduation. However, according to the email, March graduation is scheduled for March 15th, 2019. This means missing the cutoff for WGU, pushing the start date from April 1st to May 1st. Sad

The email said that TESU will issue official copies of the degree certification letter (for academic applications, jobs, etc.) if required, but as far as I know, WGU still will not accept anything but final transcripts. The earliest date that a transcript will be available (with the degree listed) will be March 16th.

That's a bummer.  Can you get them transcripts now with all of your courses on there, the confirmation of the graduation audit, and then follow up with the final transcript after degree conferral?  It seems like if they had you 100% ready to go on April 1, but were just waiting for that single piece of paper but had everything else, they'd be happy to do it.  It's weird how much of stickler's they are on this.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-08-2019, 01:50 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 11:59 AM)Merlin Wrote:

That's a bummer.  Can you get them transcripts now with all of your courses on there, the confirmation of the graduation audit, and then follow up with the final transcript after degree conferral?  It seems like if they had you 100% ready to go on April 1, but were just waiting for that single piece of paper but had everything else, they'd be happy to do it.  It's weird how much of stickler's they are on this.

I was all set for an April 1st start date, but that assumed that WGU could pull my transcript no later than March 15th. They really want it by March 1st for an April 1st start, but they will accept it as late as March 15th, which coincides with the orientation date. From everything I've read, WGU is really adamant on having the final transcript in hand before anyone can begin orientation. I find that odd considering that a lot of traditional grad schools will allow for provisional acceptance assuming the transcript can be provided within the first 30 days.

I plan to chat with my admissions advisor again to see what can be done, but my guess is that I'm going to have to wait yet another 30 days.

I've been done with the capstone coursework for a few weeks now, so the wait to get this degree conferred is killing me. I really wanted to start (and complete) this masters degree while I still have the time, energy, and budget to focus on it. Waiting three months until May to start is going to put that in jeopardy time and finance wise, unless I can still manage to finish before the end of summer.

Of course, if I could figure out a way to start working ahead on the MBA ITM coursework so by the time May rolls around I'd have already read the materials and complete some of the written assignments, etc. that would help, but from what I've seen that is frowned upon, and they revised all the coursework recently anyway.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
It looks like the TESU degree conferrals for March occurred today. Transcripts are supposed to be updated on the next business day after conferral, so I wasn't expecting to see anything until Monday, but it looks like they were updated early this morning.

I had my transcript triggered to send over to WGU as soon as the degree conferral was updated and it went out first thing today. In fact, my transcript has already been received and processed by WGU, which is super fast, but all they really had to do was verify that the degree was on there. My enrollment counselor called me this morning all excited because she was so happy that they were able to turn it around so fast. Plus, because it came in before the end of the day, she was able to get me into the April term at the last moment so I don't have to wait until May to start on the MBA program!

I've already completed my intake interview and all the paperwork except for the tuition payment plan, which apparently takes 24 hours to get set up. Once that is complete, my enrollment counselor will be able to unlock orientation, after which I can start working on my first course. Exciting. Smile

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin's post:
  • davewill, eriehiker, mudball
Congratulations Merlin!
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • Merlin
Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting back to my studies. The last two months of waiting on my degree conferral has been a bit frustrating. I've been so used to studying that it feels like I'm wasting time when I'm not. Smile

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • hsfamfun
Congrats on your new Master's program!
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Merlin
(03-16-2019, 12:59 AM)Merlin Wrote: Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting back to my studies. The last two months of waiting on my degree conferral has been a bit frustrating. I've been so used to studying that it feels like I'm wasting time when I'm not. Smile
Same here! Past two months has been such a ‘fast track’ with study.com courses, that Saylor courses feel like such a drag. Also, I am trying to identify sources for my Capstone project. Feels so bad if half a month has passed, and I have only earned 3 credits!!  Big Grin  Credit/studies addiction has fully set in.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(03-16-2019, 01:08 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 12:59 AM)Merlin Wrote: Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting back to my studies. The last two months of waiting on my degree conferral has been a bit frustrating. I've been so used to studying that it feels like I'm wasting time when I'm not. Smile

Same here! Past two months has been such a ‘fast track’ with study.com courses, that Saylor courses feel like such a drag. Also, I am trying to identify sources for my Capstone project. Feels so bad if half a month has passed, and I have only earned 3 credits!!  Big Grin  Credit/studies addiction has fully set in.

Yeah, when I was working on the capstone I was always busy but it felt like I was moving in slow motion. It took 12 weeks to earn 3 credits where I had been accustomed to earning 6-18 credits per month. Smile

As long as I am able to complete at least 2 courses per month in the MBA I'll be happy, though my goal is to aim for 3-4 per month.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share your TESU to GaTech OMSCS experience Blckbuster 4 1,141 03-10-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Bachelor to Masters program at TESU Lacedonia4 10 2,883 07-10-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: jch
  Masters degree options after BSBA at TESU schlocker 7 1,354 05-23-2022, 06:11 AM
Last Post: freeloader
  University of Florida Pulled a TESU sanantone 7 2,805 09-16-2021, 07:32 AM
Last Post: angelman
  TESU to WGU Mitmike2019 14 2,083 02-01-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU graduate - Grad School on campus program? hoffdeb 1 887 01-20-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Graduate School after Charter Oak/TESU Elizabethcl 8 2,589 01-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Last Post: jonesy20
  TESU Jan 2020 Doctor of Business Administration hoffdeb 1 1,393 11-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  TESU - New Master’s Degree in Cybersecurity jsd 11 2,969 10-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU DBA and MS in Accounting sanantone 5 2,185 09-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77