Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU joins Garden State Guarantee
Information 
Just found this:
Quote:Garden State Guarantee
Thomas Edison State University is pleased to announce our participation in the Garden State Guarantee starting in the Fall of 2022.

All full time New Jersey resident students or New Jersey Dreamers with the following criteria will have no tuition costs.
  • Full time enrollment in the following terms: 
    • 12 week terms - September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April or May (June, July and August excluded)
    • 16 week terms – July and November (March term is excluded)
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) between $0 and $65,000
  • Must be in third or fourth year at start of term (definition of 3rd year is at least 60 credits towards their first Bachelor’s degree; and 4th year is at least 90 credits towards their degree)
  • Must not have already received four Garden State Guarantee Scholarships
The Garden State Guarantee scholarship will be applied to student accounts after any federal or state grants, or other scholarships. Students must demonstrate Satisfactory Academic Progress for eligibility for Financial Aid.
Students with an AGI between $65,001 and $80,000 and meet the other criteria noted above will have a maximum out of pocket cost of $2,000 per term after federal and state grants are applied.
Students must complete the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the New Jersey alternate financial aid application by April 15, 2022.
What is the Garden State Guarantee?
The Garden State Guarantee (GSG) is New Jersey’s promise to make a college degree more accessible and affordable. By reducing out-of-pocket costs for students and families, New Jersey is limiting the amount of debt that residents must borrow to attend an in-state, public college or university. This program further builds on Governor Phil Murphy’s commitment to improving college affordability.
Who is Eligible?
New Jersey residents who attend an in-state, public, four-year institution and have an annual adjusted gross income (AGI) between $0 and $65,000 will pay a net price of $0 for tuition and fees during their third and fourth years of study. Students who have AGIs between $65,001 and $80,000 will pay a discounted net price of no more than $7,500 for tuition and fees. GSG covers the cost of tuition and fees that are not already covered by federal and state financial aid or other scholarships. Students must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits per semester) and must be working toward completing their first Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
You will automatically be considered for the GSG when you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or, if you qualify as a NJ Dreamer, the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application. The deadline* to apply for Academic Year 2022-23 is April 15, 2022.

Do I qualify for this program if I am a first- or second-year student?
GSG funding is available only to third- and fourth-year students at in-state, public, four-year institutions. First- and second-year students who attend a New Jersey community college with an AGI between $0 and $65,000 may be eligible for the Community College Opportunity Grant. Together, these complementary programs create a tuition- and fee-free pathway to a Bachelor’s degree.

For how long am I eligible for GSG?
Students who satisfy all eligibility criteria may receive GSG up to the overall cap of four (4) semesters.

How do I determine my AGI?
For dependent students, only parent(s’)/guardian(s’) AGIs are considered, not the student’s income. For independent students, the AGI of the student and spouse, if applicable, is considered.

How many credits must I earn to be considered a third- or fourth-year student?
Third-year students are defined as having earned 60-89 total accumulated credits, and fourth-year students are defined as having earned 90-126 total accumulated credits, regardless of the institution(s) at which the qualifying credits were earned (i.e.: accepted transfer credits from another institution of higher education, Advanced Placement courses, dual-enrollment programs, etc.)

Will this new program help me if I was never eligible for state aid before?
Yes. Expanding equitable and affordable college access to a high-quality degree in New Jersey is the GSG’s driving force. If you are not currently receiving state financial aid, apply before September 15, 2022.
*Note: If you currently receive financial aid, you must reapply and complete the FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application by April 15, 2022.
TESU could suddenly be much more affordable for some people living in NJ. Just get at least 60 cheap/free credits via wherever, then TESU tuition is free or cheap.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 6 users Like jch's post:
  • carrythenothing, davewill, LevelUP, louise, origamishuttle, rachel83az
Wow, yeah, just spend $100-200 on Sophia and then attend TESU for (almost) free!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(06-08-2022, 02:38 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Wow, yeah, just spend $100-200 on Sophia and then attend TESU for (almost) free!

In fact, it can be completely free via NJ community college:
(06-08-2022, 02:32 AM)jch Wrote:
Quote:Do I qualify for this program if I am a first- or second-year student?
GSG funding is available only to third- and fourth-year students at in-state, public, four-year institutions. First- and second-year students who attend a New Jersey community college with an AGI between $0 and $65,000 may be eligible for the Community College Opportunity Grant. Together, these complementary programs create a tuition- and fee-free pathway to a Bachelor’s degree.

Granted, it will take much longer, but it will also provide several options that are not readily available from alternative sources.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like origamishuttle's post:
  • carrythenothing, jch, rachel83az
This is the way to do aid. I assume that state is only covering the costs above and beyond any Pell Grants or military benefits the student might have.

The next step is to short circuit the ridiculous cost of textbooks. Since these are public universities, the simplest approach is setting a dollar limit on the books a Prof is allowed to assign. The publishers will quickly make sure their books comply with the limits rather than sell no books at all.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(06-08-2022, 10:56 AM)davewill Wrote: This is the way to do aid. I assume that state is only covering the costs above and beyond any Pell Grants or military benefits the student might have.

The next step is to short circuit the ridiculous cost of textbooks. Since these are public universities, the simplest approach is setting a dollar limit on the books a Prof is allowed to assign. The publishers will quickly make sure their books comply with the limits rather than sell no books at all.

These are always last-dollar programs - Pell grants come first, any other aid you might get, and then this.  It's why you have to fill out the FAFSA no matter what (even most scholarships require that you fill out the FAFSA).

I agree about textbook costs.  They can be insane, and for no reason.  I don't think professors/schools should be changing textbooks very regularly at all.  Most things don't change from one semester to the next.  An update every 5 years seems reasonable for something timely, but for something like Calculus, you really wouldn't need a new book but every 10 years or even less.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-08-2022, 10:56 AM)davewill Wrote: This is the way to do aid. I assume that state is only covering the costs above and beyond any Pell Grants or military benefits the student might have.

Textbook cost isn't that bad at TESU since they don't switch textbooks all too often. 

I paid only $15 for my business capstone textbook. Was no textbook required for PLA-100, or the Intro to Critical Reasoning course. Often times you can rent a textbook for $25 or less or buy a used one.

The free courses will be good for people that are starting out that have no RA credits. Be a free degree for New Jersey residents.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Wow, this is a great option for those who are in NJ! TESU just shot up a notch as an option for those in the state...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-08-2022, 02:32 AM)jch Wrote: Just found this:
Quote:Garden State Guarantee
Thomas Edison State University is pleased to announce our participation in the Garden State Guarantee starting in the Fall of 2022.

All full time New Jersey resident students or New Jersey Dreamers with the following criteria will have no tuition costs.
  • Full time enrollment in the following terms: 
    • 12 week terms - September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April or May (June, July and August excluded)
    • 16 week terms – July and November (March term is excluded)
  • Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) between $0 and $65,000
  • Must be in third or fourth year at start of term (definition of 3rd year is at least 60 credits towards their first Bachelor’s degree; and 4th year is at least 90 credits towards their degree)
  • Must not have already received four Garden State Guarantee Scholarships
The Garden State Guarantee scholarship will be applied to student accounts after any federal or state grants, or other scholarships. Students must demonstrate Satisfactory Academic Progress for eligibility for Financial Aid.
Students with an AGI between $65,001 and $80,000 and meet the other criteria noted above will have a maximum out of pocket cost of $2,000 per term after federal and state grants are applied.
Students must complete the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the New Jersey alternate financial aid application by April 15, 2022.
What is the Garden State Guarantee?
The Garden State Guarantee (GSG) is New Jersey’s promise to make a college degree more accessible and affordable. By reducing out-of-pocket costs for students and families, New Jersey is limiting the amount of debt that residents must borrow to attend an in-state, public college or university. This program further builds on Governor Phil Murphy’s commitment to improving college affordability.
Who is Eligible?
New Jersey residents who attend an in-state, public, four-year institution and have an annual adjusted gross income (AGI) between $0 and $65,000 will pay a net price of $0 for tuition and fees during their third and fourth years of study. Students who have AGIs between $65,001 and $80,000 will pay a discounted net price of no more than $7,500 for tuition and fees. GSG covers the cost of tuition and fees that are not already covered by federal and state financial aid or other scholarships. Students must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits per semester) and must be working toward completing their first Bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
You will automatically be considered for the GSG when you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or, if you qualify as a NJ Dreamer, the NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application. The deadline* to apply for Academic Year 2022-23 is April 15, 2022.

Do I qualify for this program if I am a first- or second-year student?

For how long am I eligible for GSG?
Students who satisfy all eligibility criteria may receive GSG up to the overall cap of four (4) semesters.

How do I determine my AGI?
For dependent students, only parent(s’)/guardian(s’) AGIs are considered, not the student’s income. For independent students, the AGI of the student and spouse, if applicable, is considered.

How many credits must I earn to be considered a third- or fourth-year student?
Third-year students are defined as having earned 60-89 total accumulated credits, and fourth-year students are defined as having earned 90-126 total accumulated credits, regardless of the institution(s) at which the qualifying credits were earned (i.e.: accepted transfer credits from another institution of higher education, Advanced Placement courses, dual-enrollment programs, etc.)

Will this new program help me if I was never eligible for state aid before?
Yes. Expanding equitable and affordable college access to a high-quality degree in New Jersey is the GSG’s driving force. If you are not currently receiving state financial aid, apply before September 15, 2022.
*Note: If you currently receive financial aid, you must reapply and complete the FAFSA or NJ Alternative Financial Aid Application by April 15, 2022.
TESU could suddenly be much more affordable for some people living in NJ. Just get at least 60 cheap/free credits via wherever, then TESU tuition is free or cheap.
This is fantastic, I just wish I knew before the April 15th deadline to apply, maybe there is still a way to be considered for it, I have 2 capstones, psych and a random UL computer sci course left I would take there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch