Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU math
After a lot of back and forth with SOMEONE at TESU (I emailed the registrar email but it got bumped to advising), I've been told that MAT210 Data-Driven Decisions @ Strayer, Finite Math @ Olivet, and Quantitative Analysis from TEL @ York would all likely be brought in as MAT-119 Quantitative Skills for Business. 

I honestly don't know that I believe them. They couldn't even understand why I was asking in the first place. Even though my ASNSM Math still has open elective spots. I mentioned that degree in the first place. Argh. Whatever. I'll see what they actually bring the Strayer course in as and then go from there.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44
(02-04-2021, 05:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote: After a lot of back and forth with SOMEONE at TESU (I emailed the registrar email but it got bumped to advising), I've been told that MAT210 Data-Driven Decisions @ Strayer, Finite Math @ Olivet, and Quantitative Analysis from TEL @ York would all likely be brought in as MAT-119 Quantitative Skills for Business. 

I honestly don't know that I believe them. They couldn't even understand why I was asking in the first place. Even though my ASNSM Math still has open elective spots. I mentioned that degree in the first place. Argh. Whatever. I'll see what they actually bring the Strayer course in as and then go from there.

I have had similar experiences with advising and the registrar's office.  Lots of back and forth and not clear answers.  I sent them a bunch of classes once and asked if any of them would count.  They told me none of them would.  I asked why and they were unable to provide an answer.
Basically they won't commit to anything ahead of time - so your best bet is to only take what you already 100% know in advance.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you want an easy way to get MAT 119 use CSM course. It's only $39 self-paced and fun. Seriously some of the best alt credit out there in terms of quality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • BrianFallon
(02-04-2021, 11:53 PM)natshar Wrote: If you want an easy way to get MAT 119 use CSM course. It's only $39 self-paced and fun. Seriously some of the best alt credit out there in terms of quality.

The CSM site says that TESU brings it in as BUS-210. I'm already doing CSM for that.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
In regard to ASNSM, how do you fulfil MAT115? Maybe with SDC College Algebra?
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(02-05-2021, 09:50 AM)doom Wrote: In regard to ASNSM, how do you fulfil MAT115? Maybe with SDC College Algebra?

I already have Sophia Algebra and Stats. If Strayer's math duplicates stats, that'll be fine with me. But we'll see what happens when they process it.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(02-05-2021, 10:20 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 09:50 AM)doom Wrote: In regard to ASNSM, how do you fulfil MAT115? Maybe with SDC College Algebra?

I already have Sophia Algebra and Stats. If Strayer's math duplicates stats, that'll be fine with me. But we'll see what happens when they process it.

What are the classes you are taking for ASNSM? Strongly thinking of adding the ASNSM in Computer Science.

Uggh though that TESU cant give a clear answer

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I meant in general, how would one fulfil MAT115. In my ASNSM evaluation I see the MAT115 slot is open, and I don't know which course I could take to meet that requirement.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
(02-05-2021, 10:31 AM)doom Wrote:
I meant in general, how would one fulfil MAT115. In my ASNSM evaluation I see the MAT115  slot is open, and I don't know which course I could take to meet that requirement.

DSST Fundamentals of College Algebra
Study.com MAT 101: College Algebra
Any other Intermediate Algebra course (like from a college)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • doom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 611 9 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 139 10 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 537 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az