Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU math
For the ASNSM, classes will automatically fill up the AOS until they spill over into the gen eds. At least, that has been my experience. In total, including calculus, the ASNSM requires 22 math credits.

First 6: Sophia Algebra and Stats.
Calculus: dunno, but it's also required for CS. So whenever I fill that one...
CS also requires Discrete Math.
Am also taking CSM Learn.
15 credits, 7 more needed.

What I take next hinges on what they bring the Strayer class in as. If it's stats, I am torn between Finite Math and Quant Analysis. Quant Analysis is 5 credits, which would be nice. But has 2 proctored exams and I'm not too keen on that, so I might take Finite Math. Either way, there are math courses on SDC as well, so I won't exactly have a lack of credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • BrianFallon
Although it might not help because most of my math credits are regular RA credits, my current ASNSM plan is:

Quantitative Literacy: MAT-150 TECEP
Mathematics GE: MAT-333 (Differential Equations/Calc IV) (RA Transfer, D grade)
Calculus I: MAT-231, from AP Calculus test
AOS (All RA transfer): MAT-121 (PreCalc), MAT-199, MAT-232 (Calc II), STA-201 (Statistics), MAT-331 (Multivariate Calc/Calc III)
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-05-2021, 11:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: For the ASNSM, classes will automatically fill up the AOS until they spill over into the gen eds. At least, that has been my experience. In total, including calculus, the ASNSM requires 22 math credits.

First 6: Sophia Algebra and Stats.
Calculus: dunno, but it's also required for CS. So whenever I fill that one...
CS also requires Discrete Math.
Am also taking CSM Learn.
15 credits, 7 more needed.

What I take next hinges on what they bring the Strayer class in as. If it's stats, I am torn between Finite Math and Quant Analysis. Quant Analysis is 5 credits, which would be nice. But has 2 proctored exams and I'm not too keen on that, so I might take Finite Math. Either way, there are math courses on SDC as well, so I won't exactly have a lack of credits.

I got pretty much the same math as you got and I'm trying to figure out the easiest path for ASNSM

These are confirmed by TESU:
CMS comes in as BUS-210  3CR
Sophia Stats comes in as STA-201 3CR
Study.com Math 104: Calculus comes in TESU as MAT-231 Calculus I  3cr
SL MAT250  comes in TESU as MAT-231 Calculus I  4cr

The requirements are 22 credits so if you don't take SL Calculus then your stick to having to do an extra math course to meet the requirements.  

Now discrete math I had approved for BACS, should come in the ASNSM as well so that gives me a total of 16CR, need 2 more.

My idea was to do Study.com College Algebra which should come in MAT-115 Intermediate Algebra according to study.com's TESU transfer guide.  (not confirmed won't overlap and come in TESU correctly).  This course has a placement test so could test out most of the course to make things fast.

Not sure where I would get the last course.  Was looking at maybe the TECEP  Applied Liberal arts Mathematics which would come in as MAT-105.  They allow a graphing calculator on that test.

I think TESU doesn't like to say what RA credits will come in TESU ahead of time before you take the course and send your transcript over.  If it's not on the TESU site, then you may not be able to find out.  They will tell you what the common ACE credits like study.com SL, CLEP etc will come TESU as.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(02-07-2021, 01:43 AM)LevelUP Wrote: These are confirmed by TESU:

The requirements are 22 credits so if you don't take SL Calculus then your stick to having to do an extra math course to meet the requirements.  

Now discrete math I had approved for BACS, should come in the ASNSM as well so that gives me a total of 16CR, need 2 more.

My idea was to do Study.com College Algebra which should come in MAT-115 Intermediate Algebra according to study.com's TESU transfer guide.  (not confirmed won't overlap and come in TESU correctly).  This course has a placement test so could test out most of the course to make things fast.

Not sure where I would get the last course.  Was looking at maybe the TECEP  Applied Liberal arts Mathematics which would come in as MAT-105.  They allow a graphing calculator on that test.

First, you can take several Study.com math courses, almost none overlap with each other.  You could try Business Stats, that might work (haven't seen what it comes in as).

Second, the TECEP is literally the easiest exam I've ever taken. You sill not need a graphing calculator.  It's basically some Algebra I and then some real-world math problems like percentages and things like that. You will practically be able to do them in your head if you've done Calculus.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-07-2021, 10:07 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 01:43 AM)LevelUP Wrote: These are confirmed by TESU:

First, you can take several Study.com math courses, almost none overlap with each other.  You could try Business Stats, that might work (haven't seen what it comes in as).

Second, the TECEP is literally the easiest exam I've ever taken. You sill not need a graphing calculator.  It's basically some Algebra I and then some real-world math problems like percentages and things like that. You will practically be able to do them in your head if you've done Calculus.

You mean Business Stats from ALEKS? Pretty sure TESU brings in all stats as just statistics. TESU only has 2 stats classes: Principles of Stats and Statistics for the Health Professions and everything I've seen here suggests that TESU always just brings stats in as STA-201 unless it is an UL stats course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-07-2021, 10:07 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Second, the TECEP is literally the easiest exam I've ever taken. You sill not need a graphing calculator.  It's basically some Algebra I and then some real-world math problems like percentages and things like that. You will practically be able to do them in your head if you've done Calculus.

I took the MAT-105 TECEP yesterday. Maybe I'm much worse at math than I remember, but I very much disagree with this. I highly, highly recommend a graphing calculator, it will make this test trivial, as long as you know how to enter/solve equations and know symbolic logic and set theory. I did not use a calculator, and I barely passed (73%). My scrap paper was filled with long division and fractional and decimal multiplication. I ended up having to just guess on the interest questions.

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
(02-17-2021, 12:06 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(02-07-2021, 10:07 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Second, the TECEP is literally the easiest exam I've ever taken. You sill not need a graphing calculator.  It's basically some Algebra I and then some real-world math problems like percentages and things like that. You will practically be able to do them in your head if you've done Calculus.

I took the MAT-105 TECEP yesterday. Maybe I'm much worse at math than I remember, but I very much disagree with this. I highly, highly recommend a graphing calculator, it will make this test trivial, as long as you know how to enter/solve equations and know symbolic logic and set theory. I did not use a calculator, and I barely passed (73%). My scrap paper was filled with long division and fractional and decimal multiplication. I ended up having to just guess on the interest questions.

I don't think I had a calculator at all - I did have to do some of that stuff (it's possible a calculator was not allowed at the time, and it's since changed).  But I had just finished taking ALEKS Beginning Algebra and Intermediate Algebra, and thought it was easy.

Also, for the ones you're talking about (long division, fractions) - a regular calculator would be just as useful as a graphing calculator.  With interest, you have to know HOW to input the info in a calculator, which I'm terrible at.  So maybe that's why I don't think it's that useful.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Fair enough. I just wanted to give another perspective on this test. Again, maybe I'm a lot worse at math than I remember, but I would not recommend going into this test without at least some kind of calculator. Graphing will make it extremely easy, scientific you will still have to do some work and writing things down. I've never used a financial calculator so I can't speak to those.

Study:
1. Logic (specifically truth tables and logic notation)
2. Set theory
3. Basic Algebra
4. Fractions
5. How to enter interest rate calculations into your calculator of choice

And it should be an easy pass. If you don't do these, it might be tough.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • MrPanda

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 608 8 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 138 9 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,568 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 615 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 537 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 275 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 252 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 404 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 311 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az