Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right?
I did an unofficial credit evaluation on myself from previously earned credits, and this is what I'm coming up with.  

For general education credits, I need the following:

1)  Oral comm (3cr)

2)  Information literacy  (3cr)

3)  Ethical leadership  (3cr)

4)  Civic engagement  (3cr)

5)  Knowledge of Human Cultures  (3cr)

6)  Physical and Natural World  (4-7cr)

7)  Gen ed electives  (12cr)

How do I find out which alternate credits I can take to satisfy the gen eds?

For math:

1)  Geometry  (Study.com)

2)  Calc 1  (Saylor)

3)  Stats  (Saylor or DSSST)

4)  Intro to math reasoning  ()

5)  Calc 2  (Straighterline)

6)  Calc 3  (Westcott)

7)  Linear Algebra  (Westcott)

8)  Abstract Algebra  (Westcott)

9)  UL math elective (TESU)

10)  UL math elective  (TESU)

Electives:

9 credits in electives

Does this plan look legit?  Thank you
Saylor only has college algebra, calculus and statistics for college credit.
Check this list to see which courses are for credit:
https://www.saylor.org/credit/
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • jakepg
Jake, don't just copy and paste what you're missing. We need to know what has been taken as well so we don't recommend you take the same course again. So, copy/paste the entire evaluation including the "other" field at the bottom of the list. You may be able to salvage a course that they placed into the "other" field and finish faster.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-18-2018, 12:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Jake, don't just copy and paste what you're missing.  We need to know what has been taken as well so we don't recommend you take the same course again.  So, copy/paste the entire evaluation including the "other" field at the bottom of the list.  You may be able to salvage a course that they placed into the "other" field and finish faster.

Haven't actually gotten an official evaluation.  Here are the courses I've already taken:

1)  Eng comp 1

2)  Eng comp 2

3)  Sociology

4)  Psychology

5)  U.S. History 1

6)  U.S. History 2

7)  Principles of Management

8)  Financial Accounting

9)  Nutrition

10)  Education

11)  Educational Psychology

12)  Cultural Geography

13)  College Algebra
Hi Jake, I have homework for you. Click the Spreadsheet link on my signature and download it from post #27/28. Modify the My Degree Plan! worksheet and use the other spreadsheets as a reference tool. Enter in all the ones you have completed and ones that are missing, write down the provider you want to take it from.

Lastly, use this as your accountability thread, color code it accordingly to mark your progress, post that attachment to this thread... you may want to save it to a google doc or one drive so people can see the updates regularly and comment on what can be used for courses you are missing...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-18-2018, 01:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hi Jake, I have homework for you.  Click the Spreadsheet link on my signature and download it from post #27/28.  Modify the My Degree Plan! worksheet and use the other spreadsheets as a reference tool.  Enter in all the ones you have completed and ones that are missing, write down the provider you want to take it from.  

Lastly, use this as your accountability thread, color code it accordingly to mark your progress, post that attachment to this thread... you may want to save it to a google doc or one drive so people can see the updates regularly and comment on what can be used for courses you are missing...

Very helpful.  Thank you
Just a quick note - try not to take business courses when you're not getting a business degree. TESU won't count most of them towards places you need them (they come in as Free Electives, which should be the last area you fill).

Also, I know that APU is cheaper than TESU and has a math degree, they have a bunch of UL math courses that are about $810 per course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-21-2018, 12:33 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Just a quick note - try not to take business courses when you're not getting a business degree. TESU won't count most of them towards places you need them (they come in as Free Electives, which should be the last area you fill).

Also, I know that APU is cheaper than TESU and has a math degree, they have a bunch of UL math courses that are about $810 per course.

Thanks. The business courses are from years ago. You're suggesting that I take the UL math courses from APU and not the whole degree? Just to clarify
(08-21-2018, 06:53 PM)jakepg Wrote:
(08-21-2018, 12:33 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Just a quick note - try not to take business courses when you're not getting a business degree.  TESU won't count most of them towards places you need them (they come in as Free Electives, which should be the last area you fill).

Thanks. The business courses are from years ago.  You're suggesting that I take the UL math courses from APU and not the whole degree? Just to clarify

Yes, just a course or two if that's what you need for the TESU degree.  There are probably other schools that are cheaper than TESU as well, I just don't know which ones they are off the top of my head.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I am interested in this as well, can you guys name some of these cheaper schools for math credits? cause for UL math the cheapest I could find was AMU, I would please like to be proven wrong!

@jakepg Any reason in particular you want a pure math? I think its cheaper to do the BALS with an AOS in Natural Science and Mathematics. I was considering the math degree as well though! With a math undregrad you can do a masters in all the cool degrees! CS, EE, CE, ME and all the impressive stuff. I cant do WESCOTT though cause they dont have testing available for my country.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,279 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,317 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic