Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone
(10-09-2019, 04:12 PM)jsd Wrote: I said months, but in reality it was maybe one or two times separated by literal years. the lady was completely obsessed, and posted all of her "evidence" of how StraighterLine was working against her to steal her money, but the evidence all worked against her and in actuality was super incriminated to her.

She also ran multiple "StraighterLine Sucks" type blogs where she insulted the owner because his son or daughter was in a mixed raced relationship (complete with boatloads of racial and homophobic slurs). She was clearly unwell, and everything she was doing ensured she never garnered any sympathy for her bogus claims.

Think of how many classes she could have legitimately finished if she had devoted that time and energy to studying instead of writing inflammatory blogs.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • jsd
(10-08-2019, 01:37 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: It would be pretty damn hard to finish 30 shmoop courses, as anyone who's taken a Shmoop course knows their material is challenging...I think one every 2 days is possible...so about 15-17 max..and with the 'special' material Shmoop provides for learning it would make even that amount harder.

Shmoop is the most difficult course provider I have used to date...its a shame schools dont accept them..study.com felt like childs play conpared to shmoop...

I have 6 Shmoop courses on my ACE transcript and I know for a fact that I could have done 5 of them the same day. "Bible as Lit" you can do in an hour if you've ever read the Bible before. The two Shakespeare ones you can do in an hour or two each if you've read Shakespeare. Media literacy and History of Technology are both real short too. That's without cheating.

If I wanted to sit there and google the answers to all the questions, I have no problem thinking I could do 30 in a week or two.

The problem from a provider point of view is that it's very difficult to make people think that the courses are legitimate if you're burning through them that fast. And that's why Study.com has limited them to 5 a month now (imo). It's not that you can't do more than that, everyone knows you can. It's what it makes them look like if you pop up with 90 credits from Study.com in 6 weeks.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Good for you jsh1138
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Zachcleigh
lol I wasn't saying it like "look at me," I was just saying I have no problem believing that someone with some time on their hands turned in some absurd number of credits in a short period of time and messed it up for everyone else.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • mysonx3
So I have about 70 ACE credits from SL, TEEX and CDSE. I'm waiting for SL to finish grading my last COMM101 speech presentation so I can transfer these 3 credits to ACE and then send my transcript to TESU. Should I be worried about my ACE credits not being accepted by TESU? My second option is CSU Global if TESU stops accepting ACE. Can someone tell me the maximum number of transfer-in credit hours CSU Global will accept? I have about 70 ACE CRs and about 65 from a community college and about 15 from military service. A few IT certs as well. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm about to start taking two maybe three study.com classes as well.
(10-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: So I have about 70 ACE credits from SL, TEEX and CDSE.  I'm waiting for SL to finish grading my last COMM101 speech presentation so I can transfer these 3 credits to ACE and then send my transcript to TESU. Should I be worried about my ACE credits not being accepted by TESU? My second option is CSU Global if TESU stops accepting ACE. Can someone tell me the maximum number of transfer-in credit hours CSU Global will accept? I have about 70 ACE CRs and about 65 from a community college and about 15 from military service.  A few IT certs as well.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm about to start taking two maybe three study.com classes as well.

"Reach your goals quickly and affordably by applying up to 90 transfer credits for bachelor’s students, and 9 transfer credits for master’s degree students".

http://csuglobal.edu/
(10-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: So I have about 70 ACE credits from SL, TEEX and CDSE.  I'm waiting for SL to finish grading my last COMM101 speech presentation so I can transfer these 3 credits to ACE and then send my transcript to TESU. Should I be worried about my ACE credits not being accepted by TESU? My second option is CSU Global if TESU stops accepting ACE. Can someone tell me the maximum number of transfer-in credit hours CSU Global will accept? I have about 70 ACE CRs and about 65 from a community college and about 15 from military service.  A few IT certs as well.  Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm about to start taking two maybe three study.com classes as well.

I think you need to worry about ACE credits unless you get them pre-approved and added to your degree plan. If you don't, I think that they can change the rules on you and not accept one or more credit sources. Sometimes they would give you a chance to send in already-completed courses, but I think they might not.

(10-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: So I have about 70 ACE credits from SL, TEEX and CDSE.  I'm waiting for SL to finish grading my last COMM101 speech presentation so I can transfer these 3 credits to ACE and then send my transcript to TESU. Should I be worried about my ACE credits not being accepted by TESU? ...

I don't think you need to be particularly worried. That said, with TESU, it's always a good idea to get your credits in promptly. I'd certainly send the transcript in as soon as that last course clears.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Doesn’t SL send transcripts for you to TESU?  I honestly thought SL and SDC were the ones you didn’t have to put in ACE.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
(10-10-2019, 08:53 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: I have 6 Shmoop courses on my ACE transcript and I know for a fact that I could have done 5 of them the same day. "Bible as Lit" you can do in an hour if you've ever read the Bible before. The two Shakespeare ones you can do in an hour or two each if you've read Shakespeare. Media literacy and History of Technology are both real short too. That's without cheating.

If I wanted to sit there and google the answers to all the questions, I have no problem thinking I could do 30 in a week or two.

Some people could do the lit courses that quickly, but IMO most could not, even if they had read the books in advance. There was some post about a person who had taught Shakespeare but could not pass Shmoop's course, and I doubt I could do Shmoop Shakespeare in 3 days even though I have very good test taking skills. I spent a few hours on Shmoop Shakespeare and then decided to put it off due to difficulty.

(Bible as Lit was quite different from the other lit courses IMO. That one is not like these other lit courses.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 226 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 260 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP