Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU or COSC - BALS
Helping a cousin who has 15 RA and all these ACE credits below. Is she close to earning a BALS?

COSC pricing is really attractive than TESU, but I think on the long run it will cost her more given that she  would need more RA cr that will count toward her degree. 

She mentioned doing CSM Learn, ACTFL for UL, and TEEX.. Is she close to getting anything without spending more? She is considering TELlearning for the RA cr like the lab if she considers COSC.

Local CC

ENGL 116 College Reading Development 3.00 
ENGL 118 College Writing Development 3.00
PSYCH 150 Psychology of Women 3.00 
ENGL 122 Freshman English: Comp & Read 3.00 3.00 D 3.000 (ENG Comp 1)
ENGL 170 World Mythology 3.00 3.00 D

= 15 RA cr

ACE

GOOGLE
Google IT Support Professional Certificate 12

ALEKS
College Algebra 3
Trigonometry 3

Instantcert.com
American Government 3

SOPHIA
Accounting 3
Ancient Greek Philosophers 3
Approaches to Studying Religions 3
Art History I 3
Art History II 3
Business Law 3
College Readiness  3
Conflict Resolution 3
Developing Effective Teams  1
English Composition I 3
English Composition II 3
Environmental Science 3
Human Biology 3
Introduction to Business 3
Introduction to Ethics 3
Introduction to Information Technology 3
Introduction to Psychology 3
Introduction to Sociology 3
Introduction to Statistics 3
Macroeconomics 3
Microeconomics 3
Principles of Finance 3
Project Management 3
Public Speaking 3
The Essentials of Managing Conflict 1
US History I 3
US History II 3
Visual Communications 3
First off, she should apply for the BOG AAS at Pierpont, she has enough RA credits, just send her application along with her credits, and wait! She's done with that BOG AAS already from a quick glance. My main question actually is, does she have tuition assistance/reimbursement? Another Q: Would she rather test out of everything or pay a residency waiver or enrolment fee? If price is a concern, COSC should be the best bet, she can add another Associates and get the BSLS. If you're looking for ROI/Value, TESU BALS SS would be better... I noticed you mentioned ACTFL, what language? If she scores high, the TESU UL would be complete!

Your cousin is practically just 5 UL courses and the cornerstone/capstone away from a TESU BALS. I would do the following, apply to TESU to get an evaluation and see, if she scores low on the ACTFL, the easiest 5 UL courses would be from Coopersmith ($150/course + proctoring), Davar ($99 for 2 exams/month +15 proctor fee each), Study.com ($199 for 2 exams, and $70/exam after that) and last but not least, the TEEX Death Investigation course for 3 credits at only $75! If she would like a concentration, she can get the BALS with a Social Science concentration (as I mentioned above, TESU BALS SS).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Dumber
You mentioned to me in your pm that you don't want to do SDC. With COSC, you don't have much choice. They've stopped taking a lot of ACE credits. COSC does not accept:
  • ALEKS credits
  • TEEX credits
  • Davar
  • InstantCert
  • OnlineDegree
  • The Institutes Ethics
  • Sophia Ethics (and several other already-completed Sophia courses - I'm counting a loss of at least 18 credits)
If you go with COSC and limit yourself to not taking SDC courses, you're going to wind up spending a heck of a lot more on credits than you think. Quite possibly, significantly more than you'd spend at TESU. 

With TESU, your cousin is pretty much done. Yes, there is the residency waiver but (under your specific conditions), you'd be spending more than the money saved on getting courses that COSC would accept. 

COSC total fees would be about $4k. TESU total fees would be about $6k. 

$2k isn't much when you're restricting yourself to filling out the remainder of your credits with RA options that cost $200-700 apiece.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If she is going the COSC route without SDC I would suggest taking Straighterline Business ethics and organizational leadership - both upper level, DSST fundamentals of cyber secruity money and banking history of vietnam war civil war and reconstruction human resource management and whichever tecep/uexcel tests fit your major.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - in process

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
(10-26-2020, 02:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You mentioned to me in your pm that you don't want to do SDC. With COSC, you don't have much choice. They've stopped taking a lot of ACE credits. COSC does not accept:
  • Sophia Ethics (and several other already-completed Sophia courses - I'm counting a loss of at least 18 credits)

one point that jumped out to me...

On a thread the other day, someone very recently sent transcripts to COSC and COSC did accept the sophia ethics in the ethics slot.  Here is the post and look in the attached file.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid320448

Makes me curious on the difference in that.  ???
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(10-26-2020, 07:39 AM)P226mem Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 02:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You mentioned to me in your pm that you don't want to do SDC. With COSC, you don't have much choice. They've stopped taking a lot of ACE credits. COSC does not accept:

On a thread the other day, someone very recently sent transcripts to COSC and COSC did accept the sophia ethics in the ethics slot.  Here is the post and look in the attached file.  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid320448

Interesting! It's still not listed on https://charteroak.sophia.org/ as an accepted course. It's annoying how inconsistent information can be.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(10-25-2020, 10:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: First off, she should apply for the BOG AAS at Pierpont, she has enough RA credits, just send her application along with her credits, and wait!  She's done with that BOG AAS already from a quick glance.  My main question actually is, does she have tuition assistance/reimbursement? Another Q:  Would she rather test out of everything or pay a residency waiver or enrolment fee?  If price is a concern, COSC should be the best bet, she can add another Associates and get the BSLS.  If you're looking for ROI/Value, TESU BALS SS would be better...  I noticed you mentioned ACTFL, what language? If she scores high, the TESU UL would be complete!

Your cousin is practically just 5 UL courses and the cornerstone/capstone away from a TESU BALS.  I would do the following, apply to TESU to get an evaluation and see, if she scores low on the ACTFL, the easiest 5 UL courses would be from Coopersmith ($150/course + proctoring), Davar ($99 for 2 exams/month +15 proctor fee each), Study.com ($199 for 2 exams, and $70/exam after that) and last but not least, the TEEX Death Investigation course for 3 credits at only $75!  If she would like a concentration, she can get the BALS with a Social Science concentration (as I mentioned above, TESU BALS SS).

Thanks. She did apply for the BOG two weeks ago and got approved. Forgot to mention it here. She just finished Death Investigation if im not mistaken several days ago and needs to add it on her transcript. 

Language - German and Spanish. She might score high... I wonder if the Alternative capstone might also work for her since she would love something hands on.
I keep forgetting about the FREE TEEX cybersecurity courses. That's 10 credits right there at no cost.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-26-2020, 08:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

Interesting! It's still not listed on https://charteroak.sophia.org/ as an accepted course. It's annoying how inconsistent information can be.

Totally outdated, it doesn't list many things that they will accept.

(10-26-2020, 10:32 AM)JC39 Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 10:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: First off, she should apply for the BOG AAS at Pierpont, she has enough RA credits, just send her application along with her credits, and wait!  She's done with that BOG AAS already from a quick glance.  My main question actually is, does she have tuition assistance/reimbursement? Another Q:  Would she rather test out of everything or pay a residency waiver or enrolment fee?  If price is a concern, COSC should be the best bet, she can add another Associates and get the BSLS.  If you're looking for ROI/Value, TESU BALS SS would be better...  I noticed you mentioned ACTFL, what language? If she scores high, the TESU UL would be complete!

Your cousin is practically just 5 UL courses and the cornerstone/capstone away from a TESU BALS.  I would do the following, apply to TESU to get an evaluation and see, if she scores low on the ACTFL, the easiest 5 UL courses would be from Coopersmith ($150/course + proctoring), Davar ($99 for 2 exams/month +15 proctor fee each), Study.com ($199 for 2 exams, and $70/exam after that) and last but not least, the TEEX Death Investigation course for 3 credits at only $75!  If she would like a concentration, she can get the BALS with a Social Science concentration (as I mentioned above, TESU BALS SS).

Thanks. She did apply for the BOG two weeks ago and got approved. Forgot to mention it here. She just finished Death Investigation if im not mistaken several days ago and needs to add it on her transcript. 

Language - German and Spanish. She might score high... I wonder if the Alternative capstone might also work for her since she would love something hands on.

I'm not certain COSC accepts German, I seem to remember that they wouldn't accept all languages for some reason?

For TESU, if she scores high enough on both languages for both the OPIc and WPT, she'll get 24cr UL, for only $210.  That's insanely cheap for UL credit.  We know for certain that they will bring those in, so I would definitely do that.

Then, send them to COSC to see what they give you - if they don't do what you need, then just go with TESU and be done with it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-26-2020, 11:08 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 08:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

Totally outdated, it doesn't list many things that they will accept.

(10-26-2020, 10:32 AM)JC39 Wrote:

I'm not certain COSC accepts German, I seem to remember that they wouldn't accept all languages for some reason?

For TESU, if she scores high enough on both languages for both the OPIc and WPT, she'll get 24cr UL, for only $210.  That's insanely cheap for UL credit.  We know for certain that they will bring those in, so I would definitely do that.

Then, send them to COSC to see what they give you - if they don't do what you need, then just go with TESU and be done with it.

Nice

Do you know of a better BALS concentration. Shes into media arts, but the easiest route is just plain BALS right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 77 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 71 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 123 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 253 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 205 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 416 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 481 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,060 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 800 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 233 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP