Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU plan
Hey, all. I'm looking to put together a plan for TESU. I'm here in New Jersey with TESU and it seemed like they were going to accept a majority of my existing credits. My goal is to finish a Bachelors ASAP to then aim to apply to medical school or a nursing program. May take the science pre-reqs with UNE. See info below

Your Location: New Jersey, United States
Your Age:35
What kind of degree do you want?: Bachelors - probably BA since I have an AAS already and have a bunch of credits beyond that.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: 95

Mercer County Community College Total Credits: 74

ART102 - BASIC DRAWING - 3 credits - B
CGR105 - COMPUTER ART (2-D) - 3 credits - A
CGR120 - 3-D MODELING I - 3 credits B
ENG101 - ENGLISH COMPOSITION I - 3 credits - B
ART105 - TWO-DIMENSIONAL DESIGN - 3 credits - A
CGR225 - COMPUTER ANIMATION I - 3 credits - A
CMN141 - INTRODUCTION TO TV PRODUCTION - 3 credits - A
ENG102 - ENGLISH COMPOSITION II - 3 credits - B
ADV220 - ILLUSTRATION I - 3 credits - A
ART104 - LIFE DRAWING - 3 credits - A-
CGR125 - PRE-PRODUCTION DESIGN - 3 credits - A
CGR226 - COMPUTER ANIMATION II - 3 credits - A
ART123 - HISTORY OF MODERN ART - 3 credits - B
CGR110 - DIGITAL IMAGING - 3 credits - A-
CGR135 - DIGITAL VIDEO AND AUDIO - 3 credits - A
HPE110 - CONCEPTS OF HEALTH/FITNESS LAB - 2 credits - A
HPE110LEC - CONCEPTS OF HEALTH/FITNESS LEC - No grade reported
MAT108 - TOPICS IN MATHEMATICS - 3 credits - A
ART106 - THREE-DIMENSIONAL DESIGN - 3 credits - B+
ART121 - HISTORY OF ART I - 3 credits - A-
CGR145 - WEB SITE DESIGN - 3 credits - A
CMN101 - MASS MEDIA - 3 credits - A-
IST101 - COMPUTER CONCEPTS/APPLICATIONS - 3 credits - A
CMN143 - GRAPHICS & EFFECTS FOR VIDEO - 3 credits - A
CMN241 - 3D MODELING II - 3 credits - A-
DMA220 - SPECIALIZED STUDIES: DIGITAL MEDIA ARTS - 3 credits - A

University of Colorado - Denver Total Credits: 12

CMMU 1011 - FUNDAMENTALS OF COMMUNICATION - 3 credits - B
ETST 2000 - INTRO TO ETHNIC STUDIES - 3 credits - A-
PHIL 1012 - PHILOSOPHY: RELATIONSHIP OF INDIVIDUAL TO THE WORLD - 3 credits - A-
PHIL 1020 - INTRO TO ETHICS & SOCIETY - 3 credits - A-

American Public University System Total Credits: 9

COLL100 - FOUNDATIONS OF ONLINE LEARNING - 3 credits - A
PHIL310 - STUDIES IN CHINESE THOUGHT - 3 credits - B+
RELS351 - BUDDHISM - 3 credits - A-

Any guidance on putting together a plan would be appreciated. Cheers!
What kind of Bachelor's? TESU has a lot of BA degrees! You could get anything from History to Math to Computer Science and so on. You can see generalized plans for the easiest degrees to obtain here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You didn't include course numbers, so it's hard to say on some, especially the 4yr schools where a course might be considered UL.  The math class for sure needs more info - it may be developmental and may not work.  The more info you can give us, the more we can help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I just updated the post with course numbers. Thanks!

I think part of the guidance I was hoping for what which program you think is best to transfer in all of those credits for to complete the soonest.

Looking through the forum threads, I found a similar scenario here:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...read-Guide

Looking on the TESU portal, it looks like they had around 86 credits earned out of my 95 credits submitted in their BS of Professional Studies with Specialized Office Administration concentration.
MSK9 did a BALS, not the BS Professional Studies. Anyways, he also completed the science prerequisites at Doane instead of UNE, but you're on the right track! You can go for a PA, RN option if you don't get into a medical school of your choice or as another option, take a Caribbean Medical School. You basically need a BA in anything and then do your "sciences" at Doane, UNE, Logan, etc...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-28-2021, 05:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: MSK9 did a BALS, not the BS Professional Studies.  Anyways, he also completed the science prerequisites at Doane instead of UNE, but you're on the right track!  You can go for a PA, RN option if you don't get into a medical school of your choice or as another option, take a Caribbean Medical School.  You basically need a BA in anything and then do your "sciences" at Doane, UNE, Logan, etc...

Would you recommend switching to the BALS program over the Professional Studies program just based on the application for medical school even though professional studies maximizes transfer credits?
You should copy/paste or PDf your evaluation to see which one actually does maximize your course credits. I think you'll pretty close for both of them, there isn't going to be a real need to change your degree plan if your BSPS is the closest to completion, it'll just be a check the box degree. Your main goal is to get the graded credits for your "sciences" as those would bump your GPA up if you score high enough...

These are competitive programs, academics is just one area they look at, you want to also make sure you meet other requirements... so grab a list of your top 5 schools you want to apply to for X program and see what requirements they need/want, compare them in a spreadsheet and make sure to complete all the requirements. BTW, do you have a backup plan just in case Med School doesn't cut it? Is it nursing then?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • maisondel
(07-28-2021, 08:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You should copy/paste or PDf your evaluation to see which one actually does maximize your course credits.  I think you'll pretty close for both of them, there isn't going to be a real need to change your degree plan if your BSPS is the closest to completion, it'll just be a check the box degree.  Your main goal is to get the graded credits for your "sciences" as those would bump your GPA up if you score high enough...  

These are competitive programs, academics is just one area they look at, you want to also make sure you meet other requirements... so grab a list of your top 5 schools you want to apply to for X program and see what requirements they need/want, compare them in a spreadsheet and make sure to complete all the requirements.   BTW, do you have a backup plan just in case Med School doesn't cut it? Is it nursing then?

Attached is an image of all credits transferred in against my academic record at TESU. Looks like they haven't received my APUS transcripts with 9 additional credits so I need to check on that.

As a non-traditional student, I've built a strong career up in leadership roles at major tech companies. Hoping to leverage some of that experience/my resume applying as a non-traditional medical student. I've looked at Nursing, Physician Assistant, or Doctor of Physical Therapy programs as well. Being in New Jersey, Rowan School of Osteopathic Medicine is my first choice. PCOM is second. Robert Wood Johnson Medical School at Rutgers is third. My GPA off my transcripts is 3.7.

Rowan SOM
https://som.rowan.edu/education/admissions/apply.html

PCOM
https://www.pcom.edu/admissions/apply/os...icine.html

RWJMS
https://rwjms.rutgers.edu/education/medi...g-to-rwjms

Attached Files
.png   TESU transferred credit.png (Size: 255.67 KB / Downloads: 17)
(07-28-2021, 06:55 PM)maisondel Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 05:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: MSK9 did a BALS, not the BS Professional Studies.  Anyways, he also completed the science prerequisites at Doane instead of UNE, but you're on the right track!  You can go for a PA, RN option if you don't get into a medical school of your choice or as another option, take a Caribbean Medical School.  You basically need a BA in anything and then do your "sciences" at Doane, UNE, Logan, etc...

Would you recommend switching to the BALS program over the Professional Studies program just based on the application for medical school even though professional studies maximizes transfer credits?

Professional Studies won't maximize your transfer credits at all (you don't have credits in any of the areas they want), so go with the BALS.

I show that with the BALS, you need 33cr total: Oral Comm, Diversity, Civic Engagement, a SocSci, a History, a science, 3 UL AoS courses, and you're ready for the cornerstone and capstone.  The only questionable things will be how many credits they show as 100-level vs. 200-level, and how many they show as AoS vs. Free Electives (sometimes they will consider a course applied rather than theory so won't use it in the AoS).

I wouldn't even worry about getting your pre-reqs for med school done yet - I'd just finish up at TESU and be done with it.  Then, I'd go get awesome grades at whichever school you want to do the sciences for.

I'd probably also consider EC, COSC and UMPI.  Since you don't care what degree you get, those all have good options.  UMPI might be the fastest if you can get the remaining GEC's done.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • maisondel
The wonderful team at TESU made it easy to get up and running. Finished the evaluation of my existing credits applied to the new BALS AoS with Humanities concentration. Coming in with a 3.85 GPA with all the credits. Looks like I need the following:

34 Credit Hours remaining

- SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy - 3 credits
- Diversity Intercultural Literacy - 3 credits
- Ethical Leadership - 3 credits
- Civic Engagement and Awareness - 3 credits
- Social Sciences - 3 credits
- History - 3 credits
- Natural Sciences and Computer Science - 3 credits
- Liberal Studies General Coursework - 12 credits remaining but the note says I need 18 UL credits for this area. All existing credits are 100 and 200 level. So even though there are only 4 classes needed, I'll probably need to take six to meet that 18 UL correct?
- Liberal Arts Capstone - 3 credits
- Electives - 1 credit

Also, any recommendation on study.com, Sophia, or StraighterLine?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 281 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 411 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  UMPI plan iggym32 3 215 03-20-2024, 05:52 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 371 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Interim & Future Plan - Machine Learning mweichert 6 341 03-18-2024, 03:45 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 783 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 853 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,577 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 629 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts