Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU plan check pretty please
icampy Wrote:Called TESU to check out my Ops Man plan, to double-check equivelancies, but advising had already left. So I will call monday.

I am going to see if the following will cover the Ops Man AOS:

Advanced Operations Management - Study.com >> OPM-301
Logistics and Supply Chain - Study.com >> OPM-420
Program Management - Study.com Project Management >> OPM-435

Leadership and Operations Management - CSU
Project Procurement and Contract Management - CSU
Managing the Supply Chain - CSU
Total Quality Management - CSU

Those should also fulfill the management area of the GM degree too, plus one extra marketing and one extra accounting.

icampy TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx

Is the preferred method to have Straighterline send the courses directly to TESU, or use ACE to collect them and then I will send them to TESU?

Program Management is not a course at Study.com - I think you mean Project Management?

Also, if you wanted GM and OPM degrees, you would have to get 6 OPM courses and 6 GM courses that don't overlap.

Finally, you can take Saylor's Business Stats course which comes in as OPM-351.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks. I mean one or the other, not both.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Im going to give them a call today and possibly officially swap. We will see.

From my research on job websites, ops man jobs in aerospace require a business admin degree with a major plus for technical experience and background...which I have plenty of, just need a degree. Apparently they get lots of applicants who are business guys with no hands-on experience. So I would have a large leg up there.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

TESU couldn't tell me by the codes, so I sent them the corresponding course descriptions for the CBE's.....I'm waiting on a response. Of course, the study.com options fit, just waiting on the CSU CBE's.

Trying to avoid another statistics course. If I can do it from CBE's....I might go ahead and swap to OP Man vs Gen Man.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2311[/ATTACH]

So, here is what they approved. This consists of 3 from Study.com:
Project Management
Supply Chain Management
Intro to Operations Management

and the following were approved for the other courses, all from CSU CBE's. I sent 7 or 8 courses to them, these are the only 3 that they said I could use:
Leadership in Operations Management
Total Quality Management
Project Procurement and Contract Management

So, they officially swapped me over to Operations Management (even though I was just asking a question).

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">2017-05-11_15-21-28.jpg (Size: 19.81 KB / Downloads: 0)

icampy Wrote:[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2311&stc=1]

So, here is what they approved. This consists of 3 from Study.com:
Project Management
Supply Chain Management
Intro to Operations Management

and the following were approved for the other courses, all from CSU CBE's. I sent 7 or 8 courses to them, these are the only 3 that they said I could use:
Leadership in Operations Management
Total Quality Management
Project Procurement and Contract Management

So, they officially swapped me over to Operations Management (even though I was just asking a question).

Be careful that you take the correct Ops Management course at Study.com - BUS 312 Advanced Ops Management is the one that is ACE-approved.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks. I sent them the 312, I'm not sure why it says intro to Ops Man...I didn't catch that.

icampy Wrote:...
Yeah, they have a tendency to do that. What-if questions don't seem to click with them. Rolleyes
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
They also added a random business course by removing a history course I told them I already completed. But at least they get back with you the same day!

Update. Haven't accomplished much in the past few months, but I passed the capstone, so I don't care. Have a couple of questions. I heard something about study.com courses getting downgraded to LL. Will the 3 courses I have listed in my plan from study.com be downgraded, or are they already downgraded? If they haven't been downgraded yet, is there a time-frame to take them before they lose their UL status?

And does it look like I'm missing anything?

One last question. If I were to trade back to BSBA GM, would my capstone still apply to it, since it would be under the 17/18 catalog if I swap? Or would it be under the 16/17 catalog like my Op Man eval is? I sure don't want to swap if it means I would have to take the capstone course. 

Would these actually fit  here? here is a copy/paste of my eval for the GM (instead of my op man, that tesu changed me to just because I asked them a question):

General Mngt (18SH: 12SH must be upper level)[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)[/b]
Credits Earned: 18
GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000
Complete both subrequirements:

A: GMS Required 9 SH[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)[/b]
*must earn grades of C/CR or better [p]Complete three courses (one course from three of the following four areas)[a href= "http://w ww.tesu.edu/eval-acct"target=blank"][p]Accounting[a href= "http://www2.tesu.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Finance "target=bl ank"] [p]Finance[a href= "http://www2.tesu.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Management "target=blank"][p]Management[a href= "http://w ww2.tesu.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Marketing "target=blank"] [p]Marketing[/a][/a] [p]**At least 12 semester hours within the ent ire Specialization must be at the 300/400 level.[/a][/a] 

Credits Earned: 9
Group 1[b] (Complete)[/b]

Course
Title
Needed
Term
Grade
Credits

Notes
ACC-303
Cost Accounting

05/29/17
CR

*NE

[size=undefined]
Group 3[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
[/b]

OPM-499
Special Topics Operations Mngt

02/02/22

*PTE
[/size]

[size=undefined]
Group 4[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
[/b]

OPM-420
Supply Chain Management

02/02/22

*PTE

B: GMS Elective Area[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)[/b]
*must earn grades of C/CR or better [p]Complete 9 more Semester Hours (SH) from any assortment of the areas below.[a href= "http:// http://www.tesu.edu/eval-acct"target=blank"] [p]Accounting[a href= "http://www2.tesu.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Finance "target=blank"] [p]Finance[a href= "http://www2.tesu.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Management "target=blank"][p]Management[a href= "http://www2.te su.edu/evaluation/index.php?area=Marketing "target=blank"] [p]Marketing[/a][/a] [p]**At least 12 semester hours within the entire Sp ecialization must be at the 300/400 level.[/a][/a] 

Credits Earned: 9
Group 1[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)[/b]

Course
Title
Needed
Term
Grade
Credits

Notes
OPM-408
Intro to Solicitation

02/02/22

*PTE
[/size]

[size=undefined]
Group 2[b] (Pending completion of unfinished activity)
[/b]

Credits Earned: 6
OPM-411
Total Quality Management

02/02/22

*PTE
MAN-435
Project Management

02/02/22

*PTE
[/size]

[size=undefined]Thanks, [/size]
[size=undefined]icampy[/size]

Attached Files
.xlsx   icampy BSBA Op Man.xlsx (Size: 34.64 KB / Downloads: 7)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,976 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,638 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,730 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,342 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,589 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,374 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,859 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore